Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'd to see the following apps implemented:

1. Shutterfly app like the one for the iPad --OR-- Shutterfly integration into the Photo/Video app via Synergy.

2. Netflix (I'm probably the 1st to suggest this).

I'll be suggesting the same to both Shutterfly and Netflix, too.
    Oh yeah, you are the first one to suggest a Netflix app. No one else ever thought of that one.
    Shutterfly, Flickr, Picasa, and the list goes on integrating these services directly into the webOS using Synergy.

I think it is a great idea and yes what happened to HP's Synergy Gurus who started the ball rolling???

Actually, Synergy of data needs to be in everything webOS and provide Video Synergy (Netflix, Hulu, CBS, etc) and Music Synergy (Amazon, Pandora, etc).

I'm not a programmer or expert when it comes to 1 and 0, but I can't be the only one who thinks this should happen. Maybe making Synergy for everything on webOS is too complicated and simply not possible. I can only dream, Sorli...
    bill2455 likes this.
    YOUversion bible please!! The GLO bible would be awesomesauce as well.
    I'd like to see a good note taking app, something similar to Microsoft ONE note.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    2. Netflix (I'm probably the 1st to suggest this).
    Uhmm, I really hope you were saying the latter part of this in jest. Didn't see a smiley or other form of showing sarcasm on the internet so I worry for you.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    SlingBox
    Some sort of App that allows for document editing where you can drag and drop and copy and paste with ease...google docs is not even coming close to cutting it when it comes to doc editing
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Please don't worry; it was a lame attempt at humor.

Also want to put in a vote for a Bing app.
    Bing app?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    an IP Camera Viewer that is compatible with Foscam cameras - the browser can't handle the built in web server feed.
    horseybob likes this.
    Evernote
    Nook
    Read It Later
    Hulu Plus
    Newsroom

And the damn update to edit documents with QuickOffice
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Bing app like on the iPad. Really well designed and useful.
    My TouchPad app wishlist:
    1. Netflix (something we all want obviously)
    2. Splashtop Remote Desktop
    3. Plants vs. Zombies
    4. Scrabble
    5. Fruit Ninja/VegiSamurai
    6. Time Warner Cable TV app
    7. Watch ESPN app
    8. Pulse News
    9. Rhapsody
    10. World of Goo
    11. Cut The Rope
    12.an Amazon VoD app

If I had these apps on my TouchPad, there would be no complaints from me =]
    Last edited by mobilover; 07/28/2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    cyberprashant likes this.
    any chance you could be more descriptive? Havent used the bing app, dont really use bing so I am curious
    Netflix would be nice. Wonder why this isn't on here. Anyone?
    words with friends.
    What would make both WebOS phones and the Touchpad perfect for work and personal productivity (Hasn't HP said they want to target the "enterprise user"? It was this group that got Palm started ~ not too many "soccer mom's" were using Palm Pilots, back in the day) are the following:

1. A good integrated four fuction (contacts, appointments, action list [tasks], memos) application. Palm OS offered as standard equipment a pretty good basic 4 function PIM with a desktop equivalent. A good example for integrated use would be DejaOffice (from CompanionLink) which is not pre installed but is a free download on Android (and synchronizes with the native Android calendar and contacts application).
    2. A relational database that syncs with a desktop equivalent or with MS Access. With a good database application one can "write" many of their own apps (shopping lists, bank and financial account registers, project managers, etc., inventory and sales order control, etc.), customizing them to suit their particular needs and style.
    3. A office documents editor (not just a reader).

Add to the above the built in ability to synchronize (not just move files back and forth, actually synchronize) these three functions with:

1. A cloud (for those who like that kinda thing) through wi-fi or 3/4g;
    2. Another device through bluetooth (and usb cable tether even);
    3. A desktop or laptop computer through wi-fi OR USB cable (BOTH options).

This is not like new cutting edge stuff that needs to be yet developed. With the exception of "cloud connectivity" (and in some cases perhaps wi-fi) these are things that any any veteran power user of hand held productivity devices was use to having. Remember the "one touch one time" convenience of Hot Sync?

Do this and WebOS would run circles around "i-thing". If they would have done this from the beginning they would have nipped the "a-factor" in the bud, IMHO. These things were all available with Palm OS and I've never understood why they weren't carried over.

On to the connectivity issue: the more options you offer to meet particular needs (or even "idiosyncrasies") the larger the potential customer base, and if WebOS needs anything right now, it needs customers.
    Tungsten E / dumb phone -> TX / Blackberry Pearl -> Pre (1.4.1.1) -> Evo 4G / rooted Nook Color (with the Pre on the side).
    Words With Friends, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Epocrates, DropBox, TD Bank, Tweetdeck. Also, properly scaled versions of Dr. Podder and WSOP.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Netflix
    Epocrates
    Hulu
    Citrix that works with https!
    document editor
    offline RSS reader
    Bing (movie times)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast