1.    #1  
    I saw a couple of old posts requesting a new Graffiti app, but nothing within the last couple of years. I'm new to the Palm community, but I did have an OLD Palm Pilot with Graffiti. I now happily am a new Touchpad user, but I would like to be able to do handwritten notes with Graffiti and a stylus. Is there anywhere in the homebrew community any Graffiti apps I'm not finding?
    Remember a traditional stylus won't work with the capacitive screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I think it'd be really cool for a translucent overlay (graffiti area) to appear on the screen instead of an obstructive keyboard. Or even something like Android's Swype.
    Quote Originally Posted by JanPrax View Post
    I saw a couple of old posts requesting a new Graffiti app, but nothing within the last couple of years. I'm new to the Palm community, but I did have an OLD Palm Pilot with Graffiti. I now happily am a new Touchpad user, but I would like to be able to do handwritten notes with Graffiti and a stylus. Is there anywhere in the homebrew community any Graffiti apps I'm not finding?
    YES! I want graffiti back too. It is Part of the palm heritage and portfolio of IP. Well, they did have to pAy Xerox eventuAlly for graffiti 1.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Remember a traditional stylus won't work with the capacitive screen.
    I have seen a few stylus, including one in the store here on precentral, that say they are compatible with the Touchpad. I know the resolution won't be as good as an old school Palm Pilot was (wish there was a way to get that level of resolution, maybe need to talk with Wacom about their digitizer...) but it could be good enough for this, especially on a touchpad where you have the room.
    I do hope there's some movement re: graffiti app. I just find it more comfortable when writing. Tapping away in the keyboard is fine and all but I find using graffiti was faster and more intuitive.
    The capacitive screen wouldn't be a problem. I would see it being implemented similar to the keyboard.
    ie You would select a text input area and then a graffiti area the size of the keyboard would become active.

Not sure who owns the rights to Graffiti though?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    When I first got my Pre+ I used TealScript to get graffiti to work in Classic. But over time, I just got used to using the keyboard. Graffiti was great and makes me miss all my Palms.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I would love Graffiti again. There are styli that work with the TP. I like the Pres' hard keyboard but not the TP's soft keyboard.

BTW- my husband has a Graffiti app on his Android but I don't on my WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not sure who owns the rights to Graffiti though?
    Can't remember, but they came out with an Android app.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...