Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 274
Like Tree25Likes
  1. spewak's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
       #1  
    Advanced Browser is out in the Catalog now folks. It is pretty and a much needed improvement over the stock browser that comes with WebOs. Check it out now.
  2. danpreman's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #2  
    Does it have an option for private browsing?
  3. #3  
    Need a demo
  4. #4  
    Just bought it. It does not have the Private Browsing option, wish it was there.

    Tabs requires the WebOS 3.0.2 update, so no way to test it yet.

    Will be better once 3.0.2 comes out, but I think it does need the private browsing, or a homebrew patch to enable it the same as the one for the stock browser.
  5. #5  
    i'm using it now. Like it so far. Does anyone know what the Downloads option does?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  6. #6  
    never mind, found out...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  7. #7  
    Is there any way to change the default browser to Advanced Browser?
  8. #8  
    Is it faster than the webOS browser?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Is it faster than the webOS browser?
    I am pretty sure it's the same rendering engine wrapped in a different gui and feature set.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I am pretty sure it's the same rendering engine wrapped in a different gui and feature set.
    Darn. That's too bad.
  11. #11  
    Have it. For two bucks it's meh. Not a huge improvement over stock but better. Add private browsing please. Importing book marks or a means to see bookmarks from stock browser would be nice.

    A general request not specific to advanced browser would be a read it later app or patch that allows for offline viewing.
    bldegle2 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Yes bookmark importing! Still though its better than the stock browser. Can't wait for the update for tabs!
  13. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #13  
    HTTP Proxy negotiation?
    SunnyPhono likes this.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Have it. For two bucks it's meh. Not a huge improvement over stock but better. Add private browsing please. Importing book marks or a means to see bookmarks from stock browser would be nice.

    A general request not specific to advanced browser would be a read it later app or patch that allows for offline viewing.
    I know Paper Mache added a patch to send websites to Paper Mache for offline viewing but that might just be for the stock browser.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    Just bought it. It does not have the Private Browsing option, wish it was there.

    Tabs requires the WebOS 3.0.2 update, so no way to test it yet.

    Will be better once 3.0.2 comes out, but I think it does need the private browsing, or a homebrew patch to enable it the same as the one for the stock browser.
    can you go to dromaeo.com and do the DOM test to see how fast it is? this should confirm whether they're just using the same rendering engine. here's a link to the thread that shows how webOS came in last in this test against the iPad, galaxy, etc.

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rformance.html
  16. #16  
    I love this app.

    I am able to get tabbed browsing by press and hold the back button. After holding it, the tabbed browsing opens above the browsing bar.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjestr View Post
    I love this app.

    I am able to get tabbed browsing by press and hold the back button. After holding it, the tabbed browsing opens above the browsing bar.
    anyone else get this to work? Don't have the TP with me today....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    anyone else get this to work? Don't have the TP with me today....
    Yes! I did it once but I couldn't figure out how - then I couldn't get back onto precentral to ask.

    Thank you, liquidjestr!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Yes! I did it once but I couldn't figure out how - then I couldn't get back onto precentral to ask.

    Thank you, liquidjestr!
    Awesome, well worth the 1.99. Been tired of having 10+ cards open with various P|C content. This will make my browsing so much easier.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Awesome, well worth the 1.99. Been tired of having 10+ cards open with various P|C content. This will make my browsing so much easier.
    Free if you bought SecuStore 2. Promocodes should come tomorrow to those that left reviews.
    rwhiz8577 likes this.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions