Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Ist quite nice but there are some things I really would like to see:
    - make it default browser so new websites always open in advanced browser. There is a hack around but it just changes the name of adv. browser to the default and messes up the system quite a bit.
    - open links to new windows in new tabs instead of opening a new card. This is really needed as the current behaviour is senseless and complicated.
    - make use of the left/right finger menu that was released for the normal browser
    - allow the favs to be rearranged and add an option which of the favs are displayed on the startpage not just all favs around - this is just a mess at the moment
    - add an option to open new tabs in the background instead of switching to them. I prefer opening up some tabs and read them one by one after
    Last edited by dodnet; 09/14/2011 at 12:55 PM.
    mk.ultra and hypertech like this.
    I wonder if anyone using advanced browser has dd-wrt running on their router? Whenever I try to access the webpage via https, I get "unable to load page". When https is turned off I get the correct screen. What gives?
    I really wish the add ThumbNav controls patch worked in Advanced Browser. And making it the default browser would really be helpful too! I hat switching back and forth.
    Don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but I can't get 'logins available' to go away when I have visited a bookmarked site or logged in. This is very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric90066 View Post
    Don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but I can't get 'logins available' to go away when I have visited a bookmarked site or logged in. This is very annoying.
    this function is used for using securestore to log you in to sites
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ragefather likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I really wish the add ThumbNav controls patch worked in Advanced Browser. And making it the default browser would really be helpful too! I hat switching back and forth.
    on Twitter, there is rumor it will be included in a future update. I got this info from the maker of the patch (only posting because it was a public Twitter conversation)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm running dd-wrt v24-sp2 .. https://news.google.com works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    this function is used for using securestore to log you in to sites
    I'm aware of how it functions. The problem I have is once I've logged into a site it keeps popping back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimolo View Post
    I'm running dd-wrt v24-sp2 .. https://news.google.com works for me.
    This issue is -- if you try remote access to dd-wrt and you have secure https set for the web gui, the web page will not load and the error appears, 'unable to load page' (or something like that).

If https is not selected, the web gui appears just fine. Something to do with the ssl cert perhaps? I've seen this on other websites tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    You can apply the ThumbNav patch manually to the advanced browser and it does actually work. If you look in the original patch file you can see the changes to be made. You can find the patch file under:

/media/cryptos/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-add-thumbnav-controls/browser-add-thumbnav-controls.patch

The equivalent files you need to update for advanced browser are:

/media/cryptos/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.maklesoft.browser/source/base/Browser.jsjsjs

/media/cryptos/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.maklesoft.browser/css/browser.css

I would STRONGLY recommend backing up the original files first as typos can stop the browser from working!
    p.s. The patch to open local files also works - useful for opening bookmarks.html files exported from other browsers (Firefox, chrome etc).
    Is there any development going on? There have been some fixes and patches for normal browser (gestures, private mode...) but no new functions for Adv. br.. Ghere are also several bugs which needs to fixed. I'm a bit disappointed as I paid for this and nothjng new comes up...
    I agree, there have been a lot said on this thread for the dev to mess around with! One little update (although welcomed) since first launch!

Man, you should do something! You'll never have any credibility as a dev for webos after that if you don't even come talk to those who bought your app !!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    I agree, there have been a lot said on this thread for the dev to mess around with! One little update (although welcomed) since first launch!

Man, you should do something! You'll never have any credibility as a dev for webos after that if you don't even come talk to those who bought your app !!
    Looks like he was listening... It's just been updated! A few of the things mentioned in this thread have been added.

Thanks for the update macklesoft!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post

Just to point out, if you have ever contacted the dev directly they are very responsive. I have contacted via E-mail and twitter, you can't expect every dev to be active on these forums, especially when these folks have other jobs too or develop for other platforms.
    Just to point out, if you have ever contacted the dev directly they are very responsive. I have contacted via E-mail and twitter, you can't expect every dev to be active on these forums, especially when these folks have other jobs too or develop for other platforms.
    Yeah, sorry. I found out it was Makelsoft (that I follow on Twitter btw) that was the Dev of this app. If I knew I just would have shut my mouth

But I was angry to see this app stay still. Seems to me that I was wrong Nice !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Nice to see an update and one of the points I mentioned has been added (opening tabs in background). Thanks for that and nice to see there is developement still going on
    Update is awesome, added all the features I was really hoping for... time to think of new ones Although I wouldn't be mad if the dev took a lil break on advanced browser to get out NesEM for TouchPad

Even on my slow public internet connection opening multiple tabs in background worked.
    Oh... the left/right thumb nav has been added too... fine

Is there a complete changelog somewhere?
    Didn't see one, I looked in the app description then hit the drop down menu in the app and hit about then what's new
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast