Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tlxdiplomat View Post
    hi all

is there a way to get the main tool bar with the time and dropdown menu to show while using advanced browser?
    Ramblings of a Closet Geek: Un-Fullscreen Advanced Browser on TouchPad
    sounds good but does it actually work? I'm a bit worried because of the warning above the text.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Considering that this is an abandoned app, I would recommend that people avoid buying this. There has been absolutely no response from the dev regarding all the issues and lack of basic in this app and there has not been a single update to the app. We really should not be giving our money here,
    Should not be paying for the stock browser with a different skin period.
    Yes it works perfectly fine and the full screen one is the easiest to do..your changing one word
    new version is out now that allows you to disable full screen,and bug fixes etc
    Loving Advanced Browser's tabs rather than opening extra cards, definitely worth the money.

Do wish there was private browsing though
    With the update, this finally gets some much needed fixes.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Should not be paying for the stock browser with a different skin period.
    I've read this a couple of times. I don't see a different skin at all but somewhat improved functionality. Don't get the skin reference at all.
    A couple of quick questions before I spend
    200 copper-plated coins on this app.

Queston 1:

Do the tabs work when browsing in portait mode?
    (i.e. camera on top, home button on the bottom)

Queston 2:

Will I continue to see the notifications when using
    advanced browser?

Thanks in advance! (pun intended)
    Considering that this is an abandoned app, I would recommend that people avoid buying this. There has been absolutely no response from the dev regarding all the issues and lack of basic in this app and there has not been a single update to the app. We really should not be giving our money here,
    it is a good app regardless, and i doubt its productive to encourage people to noy pay for somethign that is still good, its not like theres an equal alternative, if glimpse's web widget had the same features then possibly (id only use glimpse in place if it had browser tabs), but it doesnt as yet, i also like the fact that the glimpse widget stretches the display.

I doubt any dev is gonna be encouraged to further improve their app either by asking others to avoid his app and lowering his incentive to continue.

sales = incentive.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/13/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    A couple of quick questions before I spend
    200 copper-plated coins on this app.

Queston 1:

Do the tabs work when browsing in portait mode?
    (i.e. camera on top, home button on the bottom)

Queston 2:

advanced browser?

Thanks in advance! (pun intended)
    Tabs do work in portrait mode.

You will be able to see notifications only if you Disable Fullscree in the Advanced Browser setting.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    Queston 2:

advanced browser?
    With the latest update, yes you will.

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if glimpse's web widget had the same features then possibly (id only use glimpse if it had browser tabs), but it doesnt as yet, i also like the fact that the glimpse widget stretches the display.
    The latest 'Developers cut' of Glimpse, allows 'advanced browser' to be run as a widget.

Sanjay, is there any way to re-arrange our home bookmarks? I know that functionality wasn't included in webOS 3.x by default, but Dan from Hedami said he saw a blog on the developer site of how to manually add in your own code to do so on enyo apps. Sure would be an awesome addition to Advanced Browser.
    The latest 'Developers cut' of Glimpse, allows 'advanced browser' to be run as a widget.
    Ahhh that's the image he tweeted yesterday I couldn't get to load. That is awesome, gonna have to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Sanjay, is there any way to re-arrange our home bookmarks? I know that functionality wasn't included in webOS 3.x by default, but Dan from Hedami said he saw a blog on the developer site of how to manually add in your own code to do so on enyo apps. Sure would be an awesome addition to Advanced Browser.
    Don't think that was added in this update, but when I asked the dev what features he was working on, he wouldn't tell me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Sanjay, is there any way to re-arrange our home bookmarks?
    None that I know off.

None that I know off.
    Check out this:

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=11&t=15850
    still requires you have that browser and ive nto had much luck gettign the widgets to behave properly and some even ignored widgetorizing and just launched in a new card anyways.
    wasnt there a recent post about manually changing them so they end up in the order you want by using prefixes of spaces/numbers/letters etc, think i saw it when reading the post some1 made about messing with your launch url to enable or disable flash/java/etc on a site by site basis.

ive slept since then tho, not sure where the post is.
    Is there a changelog posted anywhere for the update that was just released?
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast