Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Would anyone mind browsing to Whats My User Agent? using Advanced Browser and paste the UAS here? I'd like to know if this will correct my mobile site issue. It seems that several sites I visit default to the mobile version with no way to browse the full desktop version. Thanks for your time. MP
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    survey says...

Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0

Default browser is exactly the same:

Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0
    Thanks guys, that's what I was afraid of.
    I just opened a new tab in my Advanced Browser. All my bookmarks are there, and work, but the thumbnails all say "websnapr 2.0 HASH EXPIRED websnapr.com/code/" Any ideas? I took a screenshot, but I still haven't figured out how to upload a picture from my TouchPad yet
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I just opened a new tab in my Advanced Browser. All my bookmarks are there, and work, but the thumbnails all say "websnapr 2.0 HASH EXPIRED websnapr.com/code/" Any ideas? I took a screenshot, but I still haven't figured out how to upload a picture from my TouchPad yet
    Same here.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    how do I set my mail app to open urls in the Advanced Browser instead of in the basic web browser???

Also is it normal that the Advanced Browser takes up the entire screen so you can't see your notifications above?
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Currently, you can not change the default browser.

Yes, thats the way it works. Requests have ben made to the developer for a change.
    I was just one click away from buying the advanced browser but I then thought that my main problem with the stock browser is that it doesn't load the webpage when in card view and advanced browser might not do.
    Does advanced browser load the page in card view??
    I can't find this on the catelog on a New Zealand account. Can it be added so people from New Zealand can get this?
    Can Advanced Browser saves images that are embedded in php files? The stock TouchPad browser fails to do this rather simple task.

An example is this BMW image.

http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...hmentid=103105

If Advanced Browser can, I'll promptly be buying this app!
    I wanted to buy Advanced Browser just now, but could not find it - I know it was there before today. Anyone else been able to find it today?
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 08/27/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Here's my new feature request (this doesn't include bug issues):

1) Change the context menu to have a 'open in new tab' and 'open in foreground tab' options. 'open in new tab' will open a new tab and load the page while keeping the current tab in focus.
    2) Add a bookmark link to the right side of the screen that opens the list of bookmarks. Possibly locate it in between the home and search icons.
    3) Add ability to change the order of bookmarks.
    4) Add support for private browsing similar to the 'private browsing' patch.
    5) Add a preference to enable or disable the top bar.
    6) Set as default browser
    7) User Agent Switcher
    8) Import booksmarks
    I found the Advanced Browser for webOS in the TP App Cat today! I searched for it yesterday and did not find it, but today it appeared and I have purchased it. I love it already!

I, too, wish we could make it our default browser.
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 08/28/2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    Would be cool if I could get Advanced Browser.. It's not on my App Catalog
    you can set Advanced Browser to default with this patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3069674

You can thank Garrett92C
    Does the advanced browser keep you logged into websites?

I'm bookmarking a lot of sites with me logged in, then when I go back I have to re-log in whereas on the desktop I log in once and it keeps me logged in for months.
    hi all

is there a way to get the main tool bar with the time and dropdown menu to show while using advanced browser?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlxdiplomat View Post
    hi all

is there a way to get the main tool bar with the time and dropdown menu to show while using advanced browser?
    Not yet, it's been requested though.
    Considering that this is an abandoned app, I would recommend that people avoid buying this. There has been absolutely no response from the dev regarding all the issues and lack of basic in this app and there has not been a single update to the app. We really should not be giving our money here,
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    elopez likes this.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast