Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    I don't know but when I was using my brother's android phone the menu which I can't get to work on the webOS browser worked with no problem. I think with a long press the dropdown menu showed up. I have a website for work that I can't access some of the pages I need to get to because the menu won't drop down.

This is the website that worked on the android
    New Life Christian Center

So I was hoping that the advanced browser had a solution to this problem
    Me too: want the hover issue resolved! For now you have to be very quick if the hover button is also a link^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Hover action? How would his even work on a touch device with a capacitive screen? The long press opens the action menu but I don't think the sensor technology works in a way to allow for the hover action. It would have to take some code fiddling with the long press function.
    Something like a two-finger long press could work. Also, I am loving the multiple tabs, AND the directional arrows now work in this text input box, so awesome.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  3. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Now that the update is out, tabbed browsing works great. However, I still don't see a purpose for the browser recording user name and password when setting up bookmarks. I have SecuStore 2, and I don't find an entry created in it nor are the credentials automatically entered in the web page when I go to it. What is the purpose?
    tabbed is awesome, is there a reason the app is taking over the to top bar? I don't remember this from before...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    tabbed is awesome, is there a reason the app is taking over the to top bar? I don't remember this from before...
    I can't access top bar information anymore, have to swipe into card view. I hope this is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM View Post
    Now that the update is out, tabbed browsing works great. However, I still don't see a purpose for the browser recording user name and password when setting up bookmarks. I have SecuStore 2, and I don't find an entry created in it nor are the credentials automatically entered in the web page when I go to it. What is the purpose?
    agreed. Why is this happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I can't access top bar information anymore, have to swipe into card view. I hope this is fixed.
    I just confirmed this in all 4 orientations
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Search doesn't work in portrait mode.
    when you try to add to launcher it doesn't import the url or page title into the box --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    if i open a new page (f.i. in a forum) and jump back, i get to the top of the page, not to the point where i clicked on the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    if i open a new page (f.i. in a forum) and jump back, i get to the top of the page, not to the point where i clicked on the link.
    I think this is part of the stock web engine IIRC the factory browser does the same thing.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Received promo code as a link in email. When I click it I get a dialog that the code is good until Sep 26, then it goes to the Advanced Browser page in App Catalog. But that still says the price is 1.99. So I didn't click it. Is that just the way promo codes work? I asked SecuStore support several days ago but have had no answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Received promo code as a link in email. When I click it I get a dialog that the code is good until Sep 26, then it goes to the Advanced Browser page in App Catalog. But that still says the price is 1.99. So I didn't click it. Is that just the way promo codes work? I asked SecuStore support several days ago but have had no answer.
    Yes, go to the app page in the App Catalog. It will list the price. That's fine. Tap the icon like you are going to purchase it and a pop-up should give you the option of entering a Promo Code now.
    I HATE HATE HATE that it blocks the top notifications bar.

ticks me off to no end
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Yes, go to the app page in the App Catalog. It will list the price. That's fine. Tap the icon like you are going to purchase it and a pop-up should give you the option of entering a Promo Code now.
    also depending on your settings you will probably have to enter your password before you see the option to use the promo code
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    also depending on your settings you will probably have to enter your password before you see the option to use the promo code
    Oops, yes. That's correct. Forgot to mention that.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Why would they block the notification bar? That's a deal breaker for me.
    65fastback likes this.
    When you open a link in a new tab, why does the focus switch to the new tab? The whole idea of opening a link in a new tab, is that I am not done with the current page I am on and thus would like the focus to stay on it.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/07/2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    65fastback likes this.
    There needs to be another option to 'open in a new tab' & 'open in foreground tab'. This is similar to firefox.
    I hate to be that guy that nothing ever bothers him, cause that's not true, some things do, but the top bar being blocked....meh....doesn't bother me, but whatever, go with the masses
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast