webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Advanced Browser
Advanced Browser
Like Tree25Likes

Old 07/28/2011, 09:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
SCM

Has anyone received a promo code for the browser from purchasing SecuStore? I purchased and reviewed early yesterday and still haven't heard a thing.
SCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2011, 09:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Has anyone received a promo code for the browser from purchasing SecuStore? I purchased and reviewed early yesterday and still haven't heard a thing.
I had to send in a screenshot of my review to get mine.
bullonparade85#IM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2011, 10:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
SCM

How did you send a screenshot? I haven't found where to email the developer.

EDIT: Never mind-I found the link in the "About" tab.

Last edited by SCM; 07/28/2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: found answer to my own question
Old 07/29/2011, 03:20 AM   #44 (permalink)

I bought the wrong version of secustore and I emailed using the in app support button but no response as of yet. what is the best way to try to get into contact with the developer? thanks for any advice
khalid7412002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 09:30 AM   #45 (permalink)

I just emailed them requesting the promo code with a screenshot too.

power button + home button takes a screen shot.

EDIT: Woot! got my promo code emailed back within 10 minutes!

Last edited by peterlemonjello; 07/29/2011 at 09:47 AM.
peterlemonjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 01:22 PM   #46 (permalink)

I've got my promo code also very fast after sending the screenshot. Another point. Tabs are working on my touchpad's advanced browser, wow. And this without webos 3.02. Does anybody faced the same ??
aftereight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 01:54 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
I have the same problem as you. I have a Pre, Pixi, and TouchPad. If I got to SecuStore I will need the app on all three devices. I know the dev is totally overwhelmed right now, but I am sure he'll get back to you.
I finally tried another email address (support@secustore.info i think, found it on the support link from the app cat). I got an email back in minutes saying they had issues with the info@secustore.info mailbox.

I got good news from him that using the desktop app as a go between you can sync the data to multiple devices. The bad news is he didn't offer any work around (like a promo code) for multiple devices. I'd like the software but I just can't get passed that $10 + $7 + $7 + $7 to make it work for me. Oh well.
nyquistjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 02:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

Does anyone know if Advanced Browser can handle file associations? What I mean is right now when I click on a .mpg file on a webpage, it downloads the file but then pops up a box saying it doesn't know how to handle that file. It would be awesome if the browser knew that a .mpg can be opened by KalemSoft Mediaplayer (much like every single desktop browser).
boarder1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 03:02 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftereight View Post
I've got my promo code also very fast after sending the screenshot. Another point. Tabs are working on my touchpad's advanced browser, wow. And this without webos 3.02. Does anybody faced the same ??
Not on mine yet.
noelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 03:12 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
Does anyone know if Advanced Browser can handle file associations? What I mean is right now when I click on a .mpg file on a webpage, it downloads the file but then pops up a box saying it doesn't know how to handle that file. It would be awesome if the browser knew that a .mpg can be opened by KalemSoft Mediaplayer (much like every single desktop browser).
Don't have time to look right now, does 3.0 recognize .mpg and assign file handlers?
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 04:04 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Don't have time to look right now, does 3.0 recognize .mpg and assign file handlers?
Well, I don't have my TP with me right now, but I tried something with the Pre2. There is an app called RegisterApp from metaviewsoft.de that can set default file handlers. This allowed me to make KalemSoft MediaPlayer the default app associated with .mpg movies without the need for the advanced web browser...

And it almost works. Clicking on a .mpg movie DOES bring up the KS MediaPlayer instead of saying it doesn't know what to do, but it doesn't load the file and doesn't download it. I think this might be a limitation to KS MP.

UPDATE:
I talked to KalemSoft and they said it is an issue with it being a native PDK instead of an Enyo/Mojo app. So it doesn't appear to be something that Advanced Browser can fix.

Last edited by boarder1999; 07/29/2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: update
boarder1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 04:05 PM   #52 (permalink)

Maybe this is in a future release...

1. The add to launcher does not fill in the current url. I was expecting that to happen.
2. The "Has Login" accepts my login credentials, but does not do anything with them once launched from the launcher.

Of course I could go do the launch from SecuStore.
Rockett0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2011, 04:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
SCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
Maybe this is in a future release...
2. The "Has Login" accepts my login credentials, but does not do anything with them once launched from the launcher.
I've noticed the same thing. I was hoping for tighter integration--or as is more likely the case, I'm missing something....
Old 07/30/2011, 09:24 PM   #54 (permalink)

Don't you find that adv wb is a bit more faster than the stock app? At least for pages already viewed once ? I checked loading the same pages in both and found adv wb faster...
Old 07/31/2011, 08:55 AM   #55 (permalink)

On my TouchPad if I copy a url for an ipk into Advanced Browser it downloads the ipk and when I try to launch it it says "Can not open Mime type". The same link pasted into the default Browser launches Preware.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
noseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2011, 09:13 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
The free promo code is for Advanced Browser. If you buy SecuStore 2 the dev will give you a promo code to use for Advanced Browser. The only requirement is that you leave a review for SecuStore 2 on the App Catalog, then email the dev and let him know you did the review. Then he'll get you a promo code.
almost correct.... Not the only requirement... You also need to screen cap your review and email it to him weeeeeeeee!
UncleKeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2011, 10:04 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
almost correct.... Not the only requirement... You also need to screen cap your review and email it to him weeeeeeeee!
Ah ha! I stand corrected.

TouchPad owners: The TouchPad "How do I...?" thread.
Devices: HTC HD7, Wife's Lumia 710, and two TouchPads
Twitter: @STLwebOSMeetup
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2011, 09:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
riw

with the advanced browser does the hover action work? As in when you rest your cursor over a menu item on a computer a the dropdown menu shows up even if there is a link. In the stock browser this doesn't work.
riw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2011, 10:06 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riw View Post
with the advanced browser does the hover action work? As in when you rest your cursor over a menu item on a computer a the dropdown menu shows up even if there is a link. In the stock browser this doesn't work.
Hover action? How would his even work on a touch device with a capacitive screen? The long press opens the action menu but I don't think the sensor technology works in a way to allow for the hover action. It would have to take some code fiddling with the long press function.
observator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2011, 10:12 PM   #60 (permalink)
riw

I don't know but when I was using my brother's android phone the menu which I can't get to work on the webOS browser worked with no problem. I think with a long press the dropdown menu showed up. I have a website for work that I can't access some of the pages I need to get to because the menu won't drop down.

This is the website that worked on the android
New Life Christian Center

So I was hoping that the advanced browser had a solution to this problem

Last edited by riw; 07/31/2011 at 10:18 PM.
riw is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0