Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    if it was faster rendering, id go buy it, but stock rendering? nah
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Free if you bought SecuStore 2. Promocodes should come tomorrow to those that left reviews.
    Gonna check SecuStore 2, don't think I have a use for it though....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Gonna check SecuStore 2, don't think I have a use for it though....
    Well, if LastPass doesn't get their app onto the TP I might just pull the trigger on SecuStore 2. I do need that type of service on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Is there any way to change the default browser to Advanced Browser?
    I would like to do this - the tabbed browsing is pretty cool - if you go to device info in the preferences tab it looks like you should be able to change the default browser but I cannot figure it out
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Awesome, well worth the 1.99. Been tired of having 10+ cards open with various P|C content. This will make my browsing so much easier.
    you get tabs but one of your pages will be blurry like in glimpse when you have two browsers open. We will have to wait for the update to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Well, if LastPass doesn't get their app onto the TP I might just pull the trigger on SecuStore 2. I do need that type of service on my TP.
    I did just that. I didnt bother with the free code. 33% off and another $2 for a browser was fair in my mind.
    Waiting for my promo code. Didn't think I'd need something like SecuStore,and kind of shied away from the price, but having recently been resetting passwords from a variety of sites due to not writing them down and then that offer popped up for this app, I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Waiting for my promo code. Didn't think I'd need something like SecuStore,and kind of shied away from the price, but having recently been resetting passwords from a variety of sites due to not writing them down and then that offer popped up for this app, I'm in
    You write your passwords down? For shame! If you used something like LastPass or SecuStore, you'd only have to remember one complicated password for the rest of your life. LastPass has completely changed the way I do things online, it's been such a help. There is no way I could live without it.
    If I buy secustore *for the touchpad, do I have to pay for a separate app for my pre? What about Syncing to desktop, does that cost extra?

I need all 3 items...dont wanna pay more than necessary.....
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    If I buy secustore *for the touchpad, do I have to pay for a separate app for my pre? What about Syncing to desktop, does that cost extra?

I need all 3 items...dont wanna pay more than necessary.....
    The Pre app is separate as far as I know. You could email the dev and ask him. Desktop syncing will be free from what I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Free if you bought SecuStore 2. Promocodes should come tomorrow to those that left reviews.
    oh I just bought both of them. Were there instructions on this, to leave a comment for a promo code? I did not see it.

hey people complaining about paying $2 or $10 for a program, get real. Palm Os programs cost a lot more than this.
    I just got tabs to work by holding down the back button.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    oh I just bought both of them. Were there instructions on this, to leave a comment for a promo code? I did not see it.

hey people complaining about paying $2 or $10 for a program, get real. Palm Os programs cost a lot more than this.
    The free promo code is for Advanced Browser. If you buy SecuStore 2 the dev will give you a promo code to use for Advanced Browser. The only requirement is that you leave a review for SecuStore 2 on the App Catalog, then email the dev and let him know you did the review. Then he'll get you a promo code.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post

Uhmm no one in this thread was complaining. I did say something along the lines of not having a use for a $10 password app.

Personally I have a fear of entering all that information into one place. I keep thinking about checking out a secure password application, but if I am going to do that I would rather use the method I read about on lifehacker a while back.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    The Pre app is separate as far as I know. You could email the dev and ask him. Desktop syncing will be free from what I understand.
    I had the same problem. 2 Pres, a touchpad and a pixi all needing the software + the desktop app is worthless. I emailed the dev twice about a price break for multiple devices but have not heard anything back. I think for now I'll pass on them both.
    Uhmm no one in this thread was complaining. I did say something along the lines of not having a use for a $10 password app.

Personally I have a fear of entering all that information into one place. I keep thinking about checking out a secure password application, but if I am going to do that I would rather use the method I read about on lifehacker a while back.
    There really is nothing quite like using a password manager. I was apprehensive, too. But once I read about how they work and why they're secure, my apprehension melted away and now I have *everything* stored in LastPass. And if LP doesn't make a TouchPad app, you can bet I will migrate to SecuStore 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I had the same problem. 2 Pres, a touchpad and a pixi all needing the software + the desktop app is worthless. I emailed the dev twice about a price break for multiple devices but have not heard anything back. I think for now I'll pass on them both.
    I have the same problem as you. I have a Pre, Pixi, and TouchPad. If I got to SecuStore I will need the app on all three devices. I know the dev is totally overwhelmed right now, but I am sure he'll get back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I would like to do this - the tabbed browsing is pretty cool - if you go to device info in the preferences tab it looks like you should be able to change the default browser but I cannot figure it out
    It's actually really easy to do this, however it's an undocumented API, and HP/Palm has unofficially forbid apps that use it. That's the reason the Mojo browser, Universe, had to remove the feature; it was removed on Palm's request. That may mean it was a buggy feature, or maybe it was just unfinished and not ready for prime time. Point is, for a feature like that, we'll have to wait.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    hmmm undocumented api.... Patch possible??
    Advanced Browser is well worth the $2 it is priced at. If you have any need for password management I highly recommend SecuStore 2 as you still get this free if you spend the $10 on SecuStore 2.

I have been using the pair today and am thrilled at how much time this is and will save me. I have about 30 sites in it now all nicely grouped that launch in Advanced Browser. Two taps and I am logged in to any of my sites.

No for the browser. The layout is nice and I quite like the bookmark icons. Sending to Spaz HD is nice, would love to see a read it later integration. The tabs do work as another poster noted, but as that is not a currently implemented feature I don't expect to much from a stability standpoint now (it has worked great so far)

All in all I like options and the bundle was a great deal for me. If it fits your needs get it and support developers. If it doesn't the stock browser works just fine.

When I think back to the old Palm days (really old 33.6k modem old) I remember paying $100 + for an app now we (myself included) have a hard time getting ourselves to pay $2 or $10 for quality applications. The developers on webOS have been very responsive to me as a customer, and this is no exception. Thanks for a great app(s) and a bundle worth every penny and then some of the $10.

Man I am long winded
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    Rockett0, sorli and mike5 like this.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast