Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    can we make google.co.uk the default search enyine for uk
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    How does one store the sites preferred for each tab? I'd like to have Adv Browser remember 4 web sites and open to those on seperate tabs when I open the browser. I know it's simple, just too used to Google Chrome method.

Thanks in advance,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Does anyone have an answer to my question?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    can we make google.co.uk the default search enyine for uk

It seems to default to wikipedia, I want it to do google, I don't see how to do that, am I missing something?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Just bought it. It does not have the Private Browsing option, wish it was there.

Tabs requires the WebOS 3.0.2 update, so no way to test it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pmaeT1eixol View Post
    Just bought it. It does not have the Private Browsing option, wish it was there.

Tabs requires the WebOS 3.0.2 update, so no way to test it yet.

Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Private browsing is listed if you tap the top left button. You're still on 3.0 btw?
    I figures out that it uses the just type search options. You can add the UK google using the just type app and it should show up
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I use the advanced browser where I need to log in or download files (like MP3s) but it's pretty clear this is just some code wrapped around the stock browser. If it wasn't, I can't imagine any developer would has chosen to implement the logins the way they did. It doesn't auto-populate, it keeps telling you there are logins after you have logged in and you have to tell it the sight has logins when you bookmark it but have already logged in.

As they say, if you can't fix it, feature it.

TP is wide open for a decent browser because the advanced browser isn't (Tuning a Mellotron doesn't ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    I use the advanced browser where I need to log in or download files (like MP3s) but it's pretty clear this is just some code wrapped around the stock browser. If it wasn't, I can't imagine any developer would has chosen to implement the logins the way they did. It doesn't auto-populate, it keeps telling you there are logins after you have logged in and you have to tell it the sight has logins when you bookmark it but have already logged in.
    Are you using securestore for password management?
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 11/18/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    agreed - can't figure out why developer won't do something so necessary that must be so easy
    MUST HAVE, really? Nice to have is more like it. It may not be a priority because there may not be many requests for it. Have you tried contacting the dev and asking them if/when they plan to implement this? The dev has always been responsive in the past. There's an Advanced Browser thread. I suggest politely asking your question in it.

Advanced Browser Thread

FWIW, someone with fewer than 25 posts starting a thread bashing an app that only costs $3 isn't going to get anything accomplished.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 11/21/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherhanson View Post
    Seriously, it is one of the MUST HAVE basic function of a tab browser. After all the updates and it still not there. I have to long-press and tap on "open in tab" all the time, it is just annoying.
    Please work on that and make it worth the 3 bucks I paid?
    <Threads Merged>

I would suggest contacting the dev by either e-mail or twitter. In my experience dev is very responsive and can let you know if this is something that may be in the works.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Hi, I bought the Advanced Browser because it advertised that it was able to remember passwords. How can I utilize this feature?

I know it is integrated wi th Securestore, but where is the default feature? I think it is on theirs. After all, I find't have to buy another app for private browsing or tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzu5665 View Post
    Hi, I bought the Advanced Browser because it advertised that it was able to remember passwords. How can I utilize this feature?

I know it is integrated wi th Securestore, but where is the default feature? I think it is on theirs. After all, I find't have to buy another app for private browsing or tabs.
    within the add bookmarks on home page array ...click + on the empty icon and add the url and it offers option to add authentication ...nice
    Quote Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort View Post
    Hi all,

I created a shell script that allows you to flip between Advanced Browser and the stock browser in webOS 3.0.4

Here is the thread: [PATCH/SCRIPT] [3.0.4] Switch to Advanced Browser as the Default System Browser

Thanks!
    JZ
    would love to have it work ...installed the patch but doesn't seem to operate... says for 3.0.4 so maybe not the right one...
    There is a patch in preware, that makes advanced browser default for everything... works fine, lil funky but works
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    There is a patch in preware, that makes advanced browser default for everything... works fine, lil funky but works
    works fine on TP but took off AB and Patch on Pre3 ...would not load page...
    Any AB user who's installed the 3.0.5 update? Did AB get the scroll bars?
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Any AB user who's installed the 3.0.5 update? Did AB get the scroll bars?
    Yes it did, aame as the regular browser.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Hovering...
    Does anyone know how to hover over a pop open (or drop down) menu on a website and have it open list? I need to either do that or get my keyboard to open so I can select an option to log into a website (virtual Emergency Operations Center site for my Rescue Squad). Very important that I be able to do this but currently, can't select my agency name off list to log in.

Using Touchpad with 3.0.5 and Advanced Browser.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.