Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    The About/Whats New? in v1.2.6 says that they Added support for ReadItLater via ReadOnTouch (select from the context menu).
    I really appreciate that update.

For those who don't know ReadOnTouch, here is a really short description:
    ReadOnTouch is an on- and offline reader for websites. It uses the free ReadItLater.com service.

The app offers an comfortable way to access stored web pages. The user interface was specifically designed for the HP Touchpad and adapted for the HP Pre3.

It also offers a special article mode to provide a great reading experience for websites!
    For more informations on ReadOnTouch, there is a seperate thread here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...om-client.html

Best regards,
    SvenZ
    News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
    all my bookmarks suddenly disappeared! Be it in the app itself or inside glimpse... Help?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    all my bookmarks suddenly disappeared! Be it in the app itself or inside glimpse... Help?
    same here...no more thumb nail bookmarks boo!
    Did you do anything to make that happen?
    nothing I can remember ...just the preware update but it had been working after that...hmmm
    found it...haven't AB open in a Glimpse window, broke my Thumbnails
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    found it...haven't AB open in a Glimpse window, broke my Thumbnails
    what do you mean?

this morning the thumbnails came back both i glimpse and the ap itself. Didnt do anything.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I closed AB in Glimpse window, then my thumbnail bookmarks came back
  9. uk1
    The snapshots of my pagss have dissapeared and I have the message that I have exceeded my limit and need to go to websnapr.com/support.

Anyone shed any light on this behaviour please?
    I have the same problem, only the message of websnapr showing up..

But a more important question/request: how to set the advanced browser as default? It's really annoying that when clicking a link from whereever, the standard browser pops up.. (without bookmarks, etc..)
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_doe View Post
    I have the same problem, only the message of websnapr showing up..

But a more important question/request: how to set the advanced browser as default? It's really annoying that when clicking a link from whereever, the standard browser pops up.. (without bookmarks, etc..)
    That function is not available at this point. I wish we could set it as default and organize the bookmarks. Hopefully someday.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    It does not sound advanced and appears to be beta app.

Even on my Android smartphone if I add another app (browers or similar program) a popup appears asking which one I want the link or file launched with. Also a box to make it default.

This is an extremely basic functionality in Windows for well over 12-15 years. I don't have file manager on my TP. I'll have to find a good one later and test if I can open a file from it in which it opens ThinkOffice for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    It does not sound advanced and appears to be beta app.

Even on my Android smartphone if I add another app (browers or similar program) a popup appears asking which one I want the link or file launched with. Also a box to make it default.

This is an extremely basic functionality in Windows for well over 12-15 years. I don't have file manager on my TP. I'll have to find a good one later and test if I can open a file from it in which it opens ThinkOffice for example.
    please do not make comments like your first sentence without prior knowledge.

this is not a function of the app but of webOS, if you want to fault anyone fault Palm/HP/webOS the function you speak of in Android or windows is specific to the OS not the individual app
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Looks like there is a fix for the problem :-)
    Works fine (so far..) for me and perfectly rounds up Advanced Browser.

How to make Advanced Browser the default on your HP #TouchPad? - Page 5
    Last edited by joe_doe; 11/05/2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Hi all,

I created a shell script that allows you to flip between Advanced Browser and the stock browser in webOS 3.0.4

Here is the thread: [PATCH/SCRIPT] [3.0.4] Switch to Advanced Browser as the Default System Browser

Thanks!
    JZ
    Does anybody know how to go fullscreen on the advanced browser? This is driving me nuts. I love the tabbs but would like to use fullscreen every once in a while.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    First of all, THANK YOU for this app, it's so much better than the default browser in nearly aspect.

On thing I would love to have is this:
    [PATCH REQUEST] Browser: Disable "Free"-Scroll
    Is there a way to implement this?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emart02 View Post
    Does anybody know how to go fullscreen on the advanced browser? This is driving me nuts. I love the tabbs but would like to use fullscreen every once in a while.
    upper left hand corner. Advanced browser-preferences-advanced section-full screen toggle
    upper left hand corner. Advanced browser-preferences-advanced section-full screen toggle
    But, as it has the tab feature, don’t expect it to be totally full screen
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Seriously, it is one of the MUST HAVE basic function of a tab browser. After all the updates and it still not there. I have to long-press and tap on "open in tab" all the time, it is just annoying.
    Please work on that and make it worth the 3 bucks I paid?