Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    With the new update the left and right swipe gestures can be configured.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    With the new update the left and right swipe gestures can be configured.
    That's good to know! I noticed that, after the update, when I tried to tap the right side of the screen, the bookmarks, rather than the smaller icon-menu came up. Then, last night, I accidentally touched the left side, and that menu showed up!

Gotta go in and check the preferences for the configuration.

Thanks,

Mike
    Excellent update to this browser! Can"t get over how much more responsive it is. The new placement for the login command is brilliant. Can"t imagine using the stock browser any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    and disappear and come back and disappear.

not a huge deal, to me.....I can still see the addresses.
    Not sure why AB doesn't create thumbnail photos of the favorite's page and store them locally.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    still the same problem. I can setup, what I want in the settingd, after closing and opening This browser, some settings are gone.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm currently having a problem with the cookies. Every time I try to sign in facebook it tells me that my cookies must be enabled even though they are. I've tried luna reset and a complete shutdown and reboot with no luck. My stock browser seems to log in fine. Any one else having this issue?
    I've heard many good things about this browser, but until I can get scrollbars (auto-hide) as part of the app (or in patches), i wont be buying yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    I'm currently having a problem with the cookies. Every time I try to sign in facebook it tells me that my cookies must be enabled even though they are. I've tried luna reset and a complete shutdown and reboot with no luck. My stock browser seems to log in fine. Any one else having this issue?
    Not having the problem here. I have my P|C and 3 fantasy football league logins saved with no problems.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Anyone test this with the update yet? Wondering if the update improved the app, or if the dev will have to add in the web kit enhancements to the app.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Anyone test this with the update yet? Wondering if the update improved the app, or if the dev will have to add in the web kit enhancements to the app.
    The app's engine's been updated with the OTA, so added features and enhancements to the stock browser work with Adv. Browser too. For instance, you can post replies on PreCentral's articles commentaries for once.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have tested the advanced browser on a friend's TP. I kinda wanted to buy it but there is some things that bug me.

1. When you open a site in a new tab, and it says "unable to open page" it loses the address and the tab is blank.
    2. i wish the tabs on the top are squished together when you open too many. i dont like having to swipe to get to my 5th or 6th tab.
    @1 that issue is present in the stock browser as well except it would be in a new card
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Considering that a lot of us like to switch 'private browsing' on/off a lot, it would be nicer if a toggle button was provided in the 'drop down' menu. Which is in fact, what the homebrew 'private browsing' patch adds to the native browser.
    Agree, I would love to see that too, including some indication whether it is switched on or off (e.g. the red color in stock browser).

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Glimpse has already been updated to support Advanced Browser. You just have to enable it by going into the preferences.
    But for me Glimpse breaks search functionality. i cannot select a search engine in advanced browser options within Glimpse. Typing keywords in the url bar doesn't do anything either as a consequence.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The last issue I would like to see rectified in Advanced Browser is when closing a tab another tab is not always selected. In Ramblings of a Closet Geek Coreyau has proposed a fix that I have been having to apply every time Advanced Browser is updated. Would be real nice if MaKleSoft could incorporate those few lines in their next release.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I believe they just submitted another update a few days ago...
    I've noticed that if I Google anything and then click on a link the Adv. Browser it doesn't go straight to the page but I get a white page saying Redirect Notice informing me that the previous page is sending me to the link. I then have to click on the link in order to get to the page I initially clicked on in Google.
    I don't get this behaviour in standard browser.
    I don't know why this started, any ideas how can get it back to normal?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chesl73 View Post
    I've noticed that if I Google anything and then click on a link the Adv. Browser it doesn't go straight to the page but I get a white page saying Redirect Notice informing me that the previous page is sending me to the link. I then have to click on the link in order to get to the page I initially clicked on in Google.
    I don't get this behaviour in standard browser.
    I don't know why this started, any ideas how can get it back to normal?
    I don't know the answer, but this has just started happening for me in the regular browser. So it's not just something specific to the advanced browser (which I don't have currently).
    Mine is doing the google redirect also. I also got a message for my home page where some of the modules were not displaying which is normally caused by a firewall. I have advanced browser but have been using the default. I don't use any of the private browsing features. I guess hp did some security enhancements.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    An update of AB is in the catalog, anyone tested ? What's new ?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The About/Whats New? in v1.2.6 says that they Added support for ReadItLater via ReadOnTouch (select from the context menu).

I checked the closeTab function and it still needs to be modified.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47