Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ns1959 View Post
    Maybe in the next update...

It would be nice if they could incorporate the cache fix too as this one has been annoying a lot of people. The fix Paintoad gave for this actually is applied to the default browser and appears to be inherited by other browser apps built on to of it so I guess they couldn't implement the fix as is without affecting other apps. Maybe there's a way to override the default cache settings on a per app basis?

p.s. I found that the only bit that needed changing to fix the cache issue was the DiskCacheEnabled=false bit.
    From my understanding, the current cache "fix" turns off the cache completely, there may be a newer version I have missed. If this is the case (which looks like it is from the change you are using), personally I wouldn't want that. I would rather have to hit refresh once in a while than have zero browser cache, especially on Sundays when I am tracking 3 different fantasy football leagues.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Just so you know: Yes, we are listening! Although we dont always choose to participate in the discussion, we still try to listen to what you guys are saying. And to be clear: We are NOT done developing for webOS. In the contrary: we are currently working on new projects but we are always open for new suggestions for our published apps. Just keep it coming!

Hi Martin - So glad to hear you're listening. I have one request, scroll lock. Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    the new settings are fine, but unfortunately I have to set them again everytime I start the Browser. Very buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCPeterson2000 View Post
    Hi Martin - So glad to hear you're listening. I have one request, scroll lock. Is this possible?
    Add two more things to the list - a little indicator on the side of the page that tells you how far up or down a page you are and two buttons that let you go to the top of the page and the bottom of the page instantly, sort of how Atomic Browser has it. These are the two biggest needs for me and I'm sure many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    the new settings are fine, but unfortunately I have to set them again everytime I start the Browser. Very buggy.
    Weird I didn't have that problem at all yesterday. What settings are resetting for you so I can check mine when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    Add two more things to the list - a little indicator on the side of the page that tells you how far up or down a page you are
    There is a great patch for phones that does this nicely and the bars go away when you aren't touching the screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Weird I didn't have that problem at all yesterday. What settings are resetting for you so I can check mine when I get home.
    For example background tabs ...

Probably, this problems occurs, beacause I set up advanced browser as default browser for everything ...
    I would definitely like autohidden scrollbars PaperMache like !! Please !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    From my understanding, the current cache "fix" turns off the cache completely, there may be a newer version I have missed. If this is the case (which looks like it is from the change you are using), personally I wouldn't want that. I would rather have to hit refresh once in a while than have zero browser cache, especially on Sundays when I am tracking 3 different fantasy football leagues.
    If you are concerned about the performance impact then I've not experienced any significant slow down with the above fix and it's definitely quicker than having to hit refresh and effectively having to load the page twice.

However, if Maklesoft wanted to be truly heroic and could implement a properly functioning cache instead of using the dodgy native one (or disabling it as per the fix I mentioned before) then that would be fantastic. I suspect it may not be that straight forward though and may involve seperating advanced browser from the native browser app... Which may not be a bad thing as many of the issues seem to be inherited from the default browser!

Whether it's feasible or not, I think it's great that Maklesoft are paying attention to their users and updating advanced browser with new functionality and fixes and it's definitely a marked improvement over the native browser.

My current wish list (not in any particular order) would be:

- Force links to open in a new tab instead of opening a new instance
    - Ability to reorder bookmarks
    - Returning to the same place on the page when pressing back
    - Scrollbars (auto-hide preferably!)
    - Better caching
    - Fix for the constant reloading of some flash pages (BBC etc.)
    - Fix for closing tab and not automatically reverting to the next open one

Anyone else have others to add?
    Last edited by ns1959; 10/01/2011 at 05:27 AM.
    Good god... Is it just me or does the "logins available" popup when you have a usr/pass saved in your bookmarks annoy anyone else?? Overtime the page refreshes, you use back forward, basically any movement on the page!!

Dev -- Suggestion, make prompt to enter a stored usr/pas part of the thumbsnav bar and stop spamming.
    Anyone figure out how to open file:/// handlers in Advanced Browser?

When opening links from the box.net client, when you change use the method changing the metadata.json files to make Advanced Browser the default browser, it opens file:/// links, but AB cannot read it, so you have to copy/paste it into the default browser.

How about getting AB to open .ipks correctly with Preware like the default browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by ns1959 View Post
    My current wish list (not in any particular order) would be:

- Force links to open in a new tab instead of opening a new instance
    - Ability to reorder bookmarks
    - Returning to the same place on the page when pressing back
    - Scrollbars (auto-hide preferably!)
    - Better caching
    - Fix for the constant reloading of some flash pages (BBC etc.)
    - Fix for closing tab and not automatically reverting to the next open one

Anyone else have others to add?
    View page source and have source selectable to copy.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Good god... Is it just me or does the "logins available" popup when you have a usr/pass saved in your bookmarks annoy anyone else?? Overtime the page refreshes, you use back forward, basically any movement on the page!!

Dev -- Suggestion, make prompt to enter a stored usr/pas part of the thumbsnav bar and stop spamming.
    Oh yeah, good point, I'd forgotten about that one. I stopped saving logins in AB because the popups were irritating. It seems to completely ignore the fact that you are already logged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    View page source and have source selectable to copy.
    I will add on:
    A browser that works right...

Of all ether strengths this tablet has, it is brought down by the horrid browser. Pages commonly fail to load right (especially long pages), don't display right and is just slow in general. Advanced browser needs to ditch the crappy built in support, and make real browser...
    I can't believe that anyone at HP put a browser out there that won't allow you sort and organize favorites. How long before we see this on the advanced browser?
    Bought the family touchpads and love dual boot.
    Sites with long product lists do not load all the pictures. This also happens in the stock browser, but I'm hoping this can be fixed in advanced browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I just opened a new tab in my Advanced Browser. All my bookmarks are there, and work, but the thumbnails all say "websnapr 2.0 HASH EXPIRED websnapr.com/code/" Any ideas? I took a screenshot, but I still haven't figured out how to upload a picture from my TouchPad yet
    Same here also
    I just opened a new tab in my Advanced Browser. All my bookmarks are there, and work, but the thumbnails all say "websnapr 2.0 HASH EXPIRED websnapr.com/code/" Any ideas? I took a screenshot, but I still haven't figured out how to upload a picture from my TouchPad yet
    Seen that to but they come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Sites with long product lists do not load all the pictures. This also happens in the stock browser, but I'm hoping this can be fixed in advanced browser.
    In preferences, turning off Enable JavaScript can help with this. But it's an inconvenient workaround.
    Scrollbars ! Please !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Seen that to but they come back.
    and disappear and come back and disappear.

not a huge deal, to me.....I can still see the addresses.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel