Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I find this new RSS Reader for Touchpad :

    FoldeRSS for HP TouchPad

    looks good
  2. #2  
    If you pop on it, let me know what you think. I've been really struggling with which RSS Reader to choose. Mosaic, while artistic, just doesn't quite fit my RSS want. I don't need google reader integration, I don't really use it. Basically, I'm addicted to the Newsroom interface on webOS & want something simple & elegant that will get me my news (connected or not), with pics, but not bog down my device with unread stories &/or cause a navigational choking hazard.

    I would love to see a video of this app in action. The thumbnails look good, but that's all they are, thumbnails. Anyone?

    Thanks!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    If you pop on it, let me know what you think. I've been really struggling with which RSS Reader to choose. Mosaic, while artistic, just doesn't quite fit my RSS want. I don't need google reader integration, I don't really use it. Basically, I'm addicted to the Newsroom interface on webOS & want something simple & elegant that will get me my news (connected or not), with pics, but not bog down my device with unread stories &/or cause a navigational choking hazard.

    I would love to see a video of this app in action. The thumbnails look good, but that's all they are, thumbnails. Anyone?

    Thanks!
    Likewise would like to see this in action.
  4. danpreman's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #4  
    I was a sucker and purchased three RSS apps prior to FoldeRRS. I can honestly say FoldeRSS is hands down the best app out there. It is the only one I use.

    Easy to search and add feeds, organize by subject (creating separate RSS folders for different topics). The only thing missing is an exhibition mode and it does not mark or note which stories you have already read. Minor oversights, the developer said they were working on the latter for their next update.

    I would suggest this over the other RSS feeds out there (Need for Feeds, Mosaic, RSS Basic, and Glimpse).
  5. #5  
    Does not seem to be in the German App Catalog...
    Devices

    -WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by danpreman View Post
    I was a sucker and purchased three RSS apps prior to FoldeRRS. I can honestly say FoldeRSS is hands down the best app out there. It is the only one I use.

    Easy to search and add feeds, organize by subject (creating separate RSS folders for different topics). The only thing missing is an exhibition mode and it does not mark or note which stories you have already read. Minor oversights, the developer said they were working on the latter for their next update.

    I would suggest this over the other RSS feeds out there (Need for Feeds, Mosaic, RSS Basic, and Glimpse).
    You should've told me man, I have a lot of people beta-testing my Google Reader app. You wouldn't have even thought about buying the other ones.

    EDIT: After looking at it again, it looks like FoldeRSS is not promoting Google Reader integration. If it's not a Google Reader app, then it's not competing with my app.

    P.S. Google Reader makes feeds so much more convenient. I don't see why you wouldn't use it (or some similar service) to keep up with feeds.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 07/31/2011 at 12:26 AM.
  7. niegowsj's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #7  
    Hi Rsanchez,

    I've been trying to figure out what reader to get. When will yours be in the catalog? Also the only reader I've used before is NewsRoom so I'm not that familiar with Google Reader integration. What does that allow?

    Thanks
  8. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #8  
    Ive been using TeaReader and think its pretty good so far. Is Folderss worth the upgrade?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by niegowsj View Post
    Hi Rsanchez,

    I've been trying to figure out what reader to get. When will yours be in the catalog? Also the only reader I've used before is NewsRoom so I'm not that familiar with Google Reader integration. What does that allow?

    Thanks
    Some time in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately I haven't had as much time to work on it as I would like recently, but I can hook you up with a beta version. Just send me a private message.



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions