Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    One of my favorite new apps for my Macbook is a clock done up in the LCARS format from Star Trek: The Next Generation. I use it as my alarm clock all the time now. It's very readable from across the room, has a variety of themes and sounds, and panders to my inner geek.

It would be great to have an app similar to this for the TouchPad, for use in Exhibition mode. Considering the paucity of alarm clock apps at this point, there will never be a better time than now to write this.

I've included a screenshot from the app I'm using on my Air. For those of you with similar interests or with a notion that you'd like to try this out, the app is in the Mac App Store and it's called simply "Time." It's free.

graylion and howi like this.
    +1
    graylion
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    That's pretty slick... hopefully one of the Trek themers/developers can whip something up for us.
    i'm working on something
    if anyone else wants to beta test the app just send me an email (webos@djfun.de) and i will send you the ipk
    the app is now available in the catalog. if you have feedback post it here or send me an email
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...un.lcars-clock
    mikevember likes this.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Great job, well done, keep it up!
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Ooops - I didn't see the request for beta testing.

Outstanding! Looks like it'll work well with Exhibition mode. Great work with the graphics and the overall appearance to the Trek theme is nicely done.

I'll make sure to post a review and look forward to tinkering with it more when I'm at home. I forgot to turn down the volume when I stared selecting the alarm sounds and kinda startled a couple people in neighboring offices. lol
    Just got it, and I think it looks and works great.

Thanks
    I like it. Thanks. What is the data on the top right supposed to represent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    I like it. Thanks. What is the data on the top right supposed to represent?
    just random numbers to fill the space and to make the app look more like a "real" lcars panel
    Playing around with the Alarm sound options, and had a bunch of managers poke their heads out of their meeting to see what was going on. hehehe... I'm down the hall so they didn't realize it was me Apologized once their meeting was over, and everyone had a good laugh..
    Quote Originally Posted by djfun View Post
    just random numbers to fill the space and to make the app look more like a "real" lcars panel

Would love to see this read the memory graphs from Govnah or include netstats/memory free/etc...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfun View Post
    the app is now available in the catalog. if you have feedback post it here or send me an email
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...un.lcars-clock
    You're awesome! That was so fast! Great job ... Saw it in the AppCat before I returned to this thread and DL'ed right away. Thanks so much!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Do you have a list of features you are working on that you would like to share or should we just bury you with requests.

How do we start the alarm? I can set it but can't figure out how to get it to run.
    I have a todo list, that I will put on the webpage later today.
    the alarm timer gets set if "Alarm" is "on" and you change the alarm time.

Another thing, I'll put that on the page as well:
    some people wrote to me, I should make this a paid app, what do you think about that?
    I would then build the new features into lcars-app-2 or -pro and/or delete then the old app..
    Last edited by djfun; 08/18/2011 at 12:57 PM.
    I agree that it should be a paid app, but I think you should just update the price of the existing one once you have an update.
    If the apps rating is good, you ride that high.
    It's a bonus for your existing users.

Just my opinion, though. It might not even be possible to do that.
    Any chance of a phone version? That looks pretty good!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I agree that it should be a paid app, but I think you should just update the price of the existing one once you have an update.
    If the apps rating is good, you ride that high.
    It's a bonus for your existing users.

Just my opinion, though. It might not even be possible to do that.
    yes. that's the problem. because the app is free I cannot change the price to a paid app. that's why I thought about a new app with the new features..

@kevets:
    which phone are you talking about, I don't know that much about mojo, so I'm not sure if I can do that.. (but I try to take a look, what I can do)
    keep this app in its current state as free, its basically good advertising for yourself, then make maybe others similar or expand on thsi one as a paid one, or have it free as standard with an inapp option to expand it with more trekkie related eyecandy on the display (like your top/right animation, add small vid clips or something) or something.

also i dont know if other apps tend to do this but if i have the app open manually, and then exhibition mode appears (and i have this set to run on exhibition) you end up with a weird screen overlap of the 2.

i do have to say the first time i showed this to my ios/andriod relatives, the first thign they did was visit their apps stores, and onyl found tame versions that were nowhere near as well presented.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast