Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tostler
  • 2 Post By Dee McKillop
  • 1 Post By Godstyle#WP
  1.    #1  
    First of all, an admission and I'm not proud of it so please keep this within the confines of this forum - I have an i-pod touch. Apologies for the use of such profanity in such august company, but I do. I realised the error of judgement almost as soon as I started to use my TP but ..... Can someone out there, someone with understanding, someone with the skill, PLEASE give me scrabble for my TP? It's the only reason that my aforementioned (and I shall not repeat its name) is still 'charged'. Please help me escape by a simple (?) App. There is a split personality at stake here and, you may or may not have noticed, the letter 'q' has not surfaced even once (until now) during the course of this post. (shows how not good I am at Scrabble)
    _____________
    Dee the Obscure
  2. tostler's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #2  
    Ha! Very funny. No need to worry, we're device/OS agnostics here (well, most of us). I, myself have strayed off the straight and narrow on occasion (WinMo 6.5). "Bless me Podfather for I have...." You get the idea.

    Scrabble would be a cool addition. My guess is we'd have to inundate Hasbro or EA with requests for it. Since they already have titles on webOS, it shouldn't take to much to make your dream come true - then you could a use for all those Q's you have laying around.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.


    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Dee McKillop likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Far be it for me to solicit a confessional (try that on a tripple word score) in this place, but you are entirely correct! It's sometimes annoying to be tied to the 'professional' providers when there is so much raw talent available in this space. I would willingly canvas for the 'professional' developers that you mentioned come up with the goods, just don't think a lone voice or duet would carry much weight - we need more SUPPORT for this noble cause!!!!
    _____________
    Dee the Obscure
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    First of all, an admission and I'm not proud of it so please keep this within the confines of this forum - I have an i-pod touch. Apologies for the use of such profanity in such august company, but I do. I realised the error of judgement almost as soon as I started to use my TP but ..... Can someone out there, someone with understanding, someone with the skill, PLEASE give me scrabble for my TP? It's the only reason that my aforementioned (and I shall not repeat its name) is still 'charged'. Please help me escape by a simple (?) App. There is a split personality at stake here and, you may or may not have noticed, the letter 'q' has not surfaced even once (until now) during the course of this post. (shows how not good I am at Scrabble)


    I Quoted you because I find your Query to Quite uniQue.......even though, I suspect it is Quixotic. I shall be Quiet now.
  5.    #5  
    Once again, I'm aquiver (it is in a dictionary somewhere) at your quite quaint qualified response to this thread. Would be amaZed if anyone could eXact more Kudos from this quinitissentially theoretically based discussion. Your move (I may have chanced too far)
    _____________
    Dee the Obscure
    Wozza666 and rlee2001 like this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    Once again, I'm aquiver (it is in a dictionary somewhere) at your quite quaint qualified response to this thread. Would be amaZed if anyone could eXact more Kudos from this quinitissentially theoretically based discussion. Your move (I may have chanced too far)
    Ahhhh. A quiz of my bombastic repertoire. I shan't disappoint. My insouciance will be conspicuous. Though, were I to fall short, my inexorable drive would coerce me to evanesce an ululant utterance.
  7. #7  
    build it and they will come....with their lawyers. Remeber the Facebook Scrabulus bust up.
  8.    #8  
    If only they would allow Gaelic? Good game, but I think my strategy needs to be better. I need to think but, at 21.40 on a Monday and a 5.15 start on Tuesday, I have to bow to your superior position ..... For now. Sleep well my friend, I will come back to this thread.
    _____________
    Dee the Obscure
  9. Crakeur's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #9  
    the old scrabble app works on the TP but, since it's scaled for size, the image is not as nice as it is on the phones.

    but it does work
  10. #10  
    words with friends....
  11. #11  
    The flash based Facebook Scrabble version now works on the Touchpad - it didn't originally. It took me a few minutes to discover how to drag tiles - doubletap on the letters and then you can drag the tiles onto the board

    My wife as a Scrabble addict now loves the TP
  12. #12  
    you guys hurt my head with your big words, just saying...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13. #13  
    yea. i heard the phone version of scrabble runs fine at full screen, just not as clear since its obviously not a native app.

    better then nothing
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    First of all, an admission and I'm not proud of it so please keep this within the confines of this forum - I have an i-pod touch. Apologies for the use of such profanity in such august company, but I do.
    No apologies needed. There are two iPod Touches, one iPod Classic (we gave away the other two), two iPod minis, and one iPod shuffle in my small family of four. I believe that Apple devices are welcomed here, just please refrain from open ended comparisons.
  15. #15  
    Words With Friends would also be a welcome addition.
    sluggozmom likes this.
  16. shrxwin's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    #16  
    ditto on not needing an apology for having an ipod touch! my Pre+ battery trained me early to listen to music at work with the ipod (2nd gen then earlier this year 4th gen), and over the years I've bought a lot of apps. in fact I probably have Scrabble on it - I'll buy anything when it goes on sale! I've just never been a Scrabble player, and after those early and very smart sounding posts in this thread, I will definitely learn to play against a grade-school child Cheers, Clarice
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    The flash based Facebook Scrabble version now works on the Touchpad - it didn't originally. It took me a few minutes to discover how to drag tiles - doubletap on the letters and then you can drag the tiles onto the board

    My wife as a Scrabble addict now loves the TP
    iamhives: Thanks for the clear explanation - I spent more than a few minutes and still couldn't figure out how to work it! (brand new to the TP - just got it a few days ago)

Posting Permissions