Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm giving away 200 total copies of my first WebOS app called Wallpaper Slideshow. Listed below you'll find the 200 divided by country. All the promos start tomorrow (July 26th) and expire on the 24th of next month.

United States - 50 copies
    Code: 3f8775ed-f60e-4cd3-b469-6595d4a58ede
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...9-6595d4a58ede
    Starts: 2011-07-26
    Expires: 2011-08-24

United Kingdom - 50 copies
    Code: 5f573f6b-9f63-4a9d-8792-4e484f67eedf
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...2-4e484f67eedf

Germany - 50 copies
    Code: ee471417-777c-4e1c-94aa-da9af3d0abcf
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...a-da9af3d0abcf

Canada - 50 copies
    Code: f2d7375f-6e61-4d11-a369-e163156d34b1
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...9-e163156d34b1

France - 50 copies
    Code: d2d16669-01f8-49d8-a354-65bcdd3f6281
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...4-65bcdd3f6281
    Starts: 2011-08-19 ( Tomorrow )

NEW - Wallpaper Slideshow for TouchPad

US - 50 copies
    Code: d9145a89-5b68-404b-86ea-97509d511b1c
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...a-97509d511b1c
    Ends: 2011-08-25

UK - 50 copies
    Code: d9c8a3b2-8428-4212-9710-dbcb6663e2f4
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...0-dbcb6663e2f4

Germany - 50 copies
    Code: e8905638-1aab-4f36-8317-d66e270b3734
    URL: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...7-d66e270b3734

If you have any feedback or problems with the app, please email me at support@rushtheweb.com or send me a PM.

Thanks for checking it out!
    Last edited by rushtheweb; 08/18/2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added france code for wallpaper slideshow, and added promos for the touchpad port.
    I think the promo code starts tomorrow (7/26). The catalog says it hasn't started yet. If you created the code today, it won't be valid until midnight GMT tomorrow.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I think the promo code starts tomorrow (7/26). The catalog says it hasn't started yet. If you created the code today, it won't be valid until midnight GMT tomorrow.
    I updated the post to reflect the date screw up on my part, so thanks for pointing that out. I just checked the promo links and according to my apps control panel, they should all be active now, assuming it's correct.
    Yes, it's working now. Just downloaded it. Thanks for the promo code! I'll use it for a few days & post a review.
    Why is it that I cannot find this in app catalog? I have tired to look for it, both on my Pre + (webOS 2.1.0) and on my TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    gauravity likes this.
    I can confirm the promo code is working for me (US). Trying the App now, thank you!

edit:
    Seems to working great so far and I definitely like it. It's nice being able to choose my favorite wallpapers from the 100's I've amassed.

I have one feature request for you, how about a "switch to this wallpaper now" option. If I get a new wallpaper that I want to display 'now' there seems to be no way to do that. Then again, maybe it's not necessary, I can always switch to the new wallpaper manually, then add it to the app and toggle the on/off switch? Although, that's quite a few steps.
    Last edited by Nightburn; 07/26/2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: quick review
    cant find the app in the catalog...
    Nice app thanks!
    Nice app, thanks for the promo code. This might be the replacement for the homebrew version of Switcheroo that stopped working when I upgraded to the Pre2.

Request: Is there a way the app could pull pictures from the wallpapers directory rather than having to add them to the app manually? That's kind of a pain if you have a lot of wallpapers.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Nice app, thanks for the promo code. This might be the replacement for the homebrew version of Switcheroo that stopped working when I upgraded to the Pre2.

Request: Is there a way the app could pull pictures from the wallpapers directory rather than having to add them to the app manually? That's kind of a pain if you have a lot of wallpapers.
    While I think that would be nice a "option", I personally prefer the way it works right now. I probably have around 100 wallpapers in 1 folder, some of them are specific to holidays, seasons, etc. I don't want to sort these into individual folders. I'd rather choose a couple of my favorites and have the app rotate through them.

If I chose a folder and had no control otherwise, I'd be getting christmas themed wallpapers in the summertime, no thanks!
    oh yeahhhh mon ive been wanting something like this for a while. awesome awesome awesome. will mess around and review soon thanks!!!
    SlideRSS does this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I can confirm the promo code is working for me (US). Trying the App now, thank you!

edit:
    Seems to working great so far and I definitely like it. It's nice being able to choose my favorite wallpapers from the 100's I've amassed.

I have one feature request for you, how about a "switch to this wallpaper now" option. If I get a new wallpaper that I want to display 'now' there seems to be no way to do that. Then again, maybe it's not necessary, I can always switch to the new wallpaper manually, then add it to the app and toggle the on/off switch? Although, that's quite a few steps.
    Sorry for the late reply, I had this topic subscribed but the notifications went to my spam folder. I like the feature you've suggested actually. I have a pending feature update waiting approval currently, and once that's approved I'll add the feature and release the update. I'm thinking maybe clicking a thumbnail gives you the option to either switch to the tapped wallpaper now, or delete.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    cant find the app in the catalog...
    I'm unsure why it wouldn't show up for you. The category it's listed in would be "Productivity -> Tools" if searching for "RushTheWeb" or "Wallpaper Slideshow" fails.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post

Thanks, I think your request could be handled by possibly adding an "Import Wallpapers" menu item, that will auto add the wallpaper folder to the list for you. That way the current functionality remains the same for those with collections, who only want certain ones shown. I'll look into it, and see what could be done while remaining as simple as possible.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I added your feature request. You can now tap on any image thumbnail and click the "Set as wallpaper" button to set it as the current one. I'm working on a batch add feature next. Let me know if you have any other ideas to throw my way. Thanks!
    peterlemonjello likes this.
  17. Gab
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Could you please add few promo codes for france too ?

Thanks !
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Hi,
    Could you please add few promo codes for france too ?

Thanks !
    I edited my original post to include a France promo code, but it won't be active and working until tomorrow since it was created a few minutes ago.
  19.    #19  
    I also edited my post to include new promos for the touchpad version of Wallpaper Slideshow. I didn't want to spam the forum with a new topic, so I figured it was best to append it to this one.

The touchpad version is a complete port, so it's not just the phone version running in the touchpads phone app emulator. If you get it, please note that there is already an update pending that will enlarge the thumbnail size, because they're rather small in the first version.

I'll be releasing a new update for both very soon that includes functionality to share the wallpapers, or import them from a collection of shared ones.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the Touchpad Codes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast