Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    So it seems that the latest and Greated HP has to offer for the touchpad , is geolocked for US only..... For example , Kindle and HP Movies , Now i can understand HP movies as there is alot of red tape for movie Distribution rights in Canada , but Kindle..... Come on , Why the Canadian Hate.......

Anyone have any insight or work arounds to get the kindle update?

Thanks
    brentdowney and kjb86 like this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Tough luck Canadian always get thing last I hope that soon we will have Kindle app available too. Ach well we shall wait and see.
    Cheers
    Yes, the love for anywhere outside of USA is pretty terrible right now, but at least we now have an mp3 store!!!
    I dont know what devices you have, but I will tell you as someone thats had a Pre for the last 19 months...updates, and apps take their time getting to this side of the border. It could be something as stupid as tax related issues. Trust me, Mr. Harper gets his share of all app purchases this side of the border, so unless they have it worked out in paying the government, we won't see availability yet.

The only reason I know this, I've talked to developers in the past, whose apps were geo-locked to the USA, and that was their explanation.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems less about no-love and more about bureaucratic red tape.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You can get those U.S-only apps installed on your touchpad by using impostah. I was able to install both the movie store and kindle using that method.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    You can get those U.S-only apps installed on your touchpad by using impostah. I was able to install both the movie store and kindle using that method.
    Darn, if only i knew how to use impostah to do that....any advice?
    1) Install "Impostah" through preware
    2) Load impostah
    3) Click "App Catalog"
    4) Type "com.palm.app.kindle" in the text box
    5) Press "Get Application Info"
    6) Press "Install Application"
    JohnKhill likes this.
    2) Load impostah
    3) Click "App Catalog"

You sir, are the man!
    kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thank You You are the best.
    I do what I can
    sledge007 and kjb86 like this.
    Might as well add my thanks for that as well, I forgot about that app, and have never needed it.......until now!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Does anyone know the movie store app id?
    com.palm.app.moviestore i think

might be com.palm.moviestore
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Does anyone know the movie store app id?

That would be much appreciated as well! Or is there a way to see all app id's?
    com.palm.app.moviestore is the winner. I tried the same with hpmoviestore... Didn't work obviously, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    com.palm.app.moviestore is the winner. I tried the same with hpmoviestore... Didn't work obviously, thanks
    Ya just tried that too, works!! Is there only like 8 movies in there????
    The only issue with movie store is I cant seem to be able to change the credit card country from USA, the box is greyed out compared to the state selection box. (hp.roxionow.com page). Back to the drawing board.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    Ya just tried that too, works!! Is there only like 8 movies in there????
    Swipe left to right for more titles.... I thought the same as I was swiping up and down.

(For a grand total of...... Wait for it.......13)

I'd like to say impressive....but I'd be called a liar
    Although it is possible to install the app with impostah, access to the actual content & library is unfortunately not possible outside the USA.

I've installed the app on a UK TouchPad but the HP MovieStore/RoxioNow server would not let me access the library (only showing 8 old movies looking more like placeholders) - which makes the app useless.

I think that the only way to access US restricted content on services like Hulu, Amazon Movie Store, Netflix etc... outside the US on a TP would be by using a VPN connection or an app like "hotspot shield" on the PC .
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    2) Load impostah
    3) Click "App Catalog"
    You Sir have Love for Canada

I appreciate the insight .

I will forever love my kindle app in your name!!!

as for the movie store , slim pickins but nevertheless good to have

Thanks a tone
    jalaed18 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast