Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I just purchased a touchpad (love it, no lags). Being a web developer, I want to get involved in developing for it. I played with some WebOs code, so I have a basic understanding of working with it.

My question for you is,

What are some simple apps you would like to see for the touchpad? Nothing too crazy, but something that is enough to get me started.

Cheers
    Last edited by stri8ed; 07/25/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Did you do the Feedreeder tutorial yet?

Or ask yourself what app could be usefull for you, that is always the best motivation when things become difficult.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanP View Post
    Did you do the Feedreeder tutorial yet?

Or ask yourself what app could be usefull for you, that is always the best motivation when things become difficult.
    Yup, did the tutorial. I agree with you on scratching your own itch. Im trying to to get some overall thoughts, so I can take it from there
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    How about a Youtube app
    maybe an app to check shares is worlwide market. A great financial app
    I said i'd make a DMX calculator for my Pre- but never got around to it, I might have a shot at TouchPad... Might have to hunt down some tutorials
    some form of unit converter would be really simple.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    How about a work/life balance calculator? We all spend work time on personal business and I know that I spend a lot of personal time catching up with work e mails/phone calls during my 'personal' time. How about an app that would clearly show the truth about the 'work/life balance? This wouldn't change a great deal but may, if accurately maintained, show where personal behaviours may be influenced, one way or another. Capture data about personal time impacting on work time and vice versa - results could be interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    How about a work/life balance calculator? We all spend work time on personal business and I know that I spend a lot of personal time catching up with work e mails/phone calls during my 'personal' time. How about an app that would clearly show the truth about the 'work/life balance? This wouldn't change a great deal but may, if accurately maintained, show where personal behaviours may be influenced, one way or another. Capture data about personal time impacting on work time and vice versa - results could be interesting!
    LOL, then thats just one more thing taking you away from your work and personal life (keeping it accurately maintained).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Listen, I would love a painfully simple workout log. This is all I, personally, would need
    :
    5 Columns:
    Exercise name | Weight | Number of Reps | Rest time | Notes

Maybe the ability to divide it up by sets or something like that, and tie it to a calendar so I can look back at the history.
    Make it be able to input any value into exercise name, don't worry about keeping a huge database of exercises, most people using workout logs know what they're doing (I HOPE!)
    Maybe a simple rest timer but this is for Touchpad so really not necessary.

There is no good workout log for WebOS. There's a niche that needs filling and if you start building VERY SIMPLE and add to it, you could come up with a great app.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Thanks for considering.
    I would pay for this app and would love to test it.
    Isn't that the Manny app? Not sure if it scales to TP or not, don't even know what app it is.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Isn't that the Manny app? Not sure if it scales to TP or not, don't even know what app it is.
    iStayfit.
    Too complicated with not enough features, if that makes any sense. It tries to do too much but the database of exercises is too small and it's really hard to add or edit exercises. It's just a pain. Hasn't been updated in ages.
    I understand, I have found similar issues with the healthy eating tracking apps. Huge database of food, then doesn't track basic real world nutrition enough (sodium etc).
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Listen, I would love a painfully simple workout log. This is all I, personally, would need
    :
    5 Columns:
    Exercise name | Weight | Number of Reps | Rest time | Notes

Maybe the ability to divide it up by sets or something like that, and tie it to a calendar so I can look back at the history.
    Make it be able to input any value into exercise name, don't worry about keeping a huge database of exercises, most people using workout logs know what they're doing (I HOPE!)
    Maybe a simple rest timer but this is for Touchpad so really not necessary.

There is no good workout log for WebOS. There's a niche that needs filling and if you start building VERY SIMPLE and add to it, you could come up with a great app.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Thanks for considering.
    I would pay for this app and would love to test it.
    Interesting. I happen to be extremely into fitness and training myself, though I personally dont use a log.

So if I understand correctly, after every set you do, you log a new set with the 5 data fields listed above?

Please explain a basic use case if you can. Would you use this in/during the gym or outside? Also if you have any comparable ipad apps to show me, please do.

Thank you
    How about an app that picks winning lottery numbers. That way all the WebOS users would get rich.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by ObiGeorge View Post
    How about a Youtube app
    yeah, see if you can fix the original Pre- app so the video plays full screen, that seems to be the only thing wrong with it. If you need the IPK for extraction and working on it let me know.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    (hopefully) Simple... I'd really like an alarm clock function to work between the tpad and the touchstone... Especially since the tpad shows a clock in charge mode, why couldn't there be an alarm setting...

perhaps not as simple, I would LOVE to replace my barely functioning Logitech Harmony remote to control my Denon and everything connected to it.

likely less simple yet, although there are some pathetic attempts in Android... An app to tie into or at least view for control my home automation system. If it can be done in Windows (but not Win7),then why not WebOS??....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Not sure how easy it is but I would like an app that would allow me to access the files on my WiFi network. I have a hardrive attached to my router and also a couple laptops that would be good to be able to access.

a yahoo fantasy sports app would be cool too.
    Quote Originally Posted by stri8ed View Post
    Interesting. I happen to be extremely into fitness and training myself, though I personally dont use a log.

So if I understand correctly, after every set you do, you log a new set with the 5 data fields listed above?

Please explain a basic use case if you can. Would you use this in/during the gym or outside? Also if you have any comparable ipad apps to show me, please do.

Thank you
    Short answer for these, I can go into more detail later and maybe make some picture mockups if you're interested.

My first thought was that you could would just type in the information for each exercise as you do your workout. So, I did 10 reps of bench press with 205 lbs, and rested 60 seconds afterwards. So I'd write in
    "Bench press", then next column "205", next column "10", next column "60"
    and in the last column, a note like "new personal record" or something like that.

This would be useful in the gym, so after you perform an exercise, while you're resting, go to your Touchpad and fill in the details.

I can't find any iPad apps, after a cursory look over, that are as simple as I'm thinking. They all want to add crap features that really just get in the way when you're working out. I used GymGoal on the iPod touch and even that was a bit more complex than I'm looking for, but it kind of had to be because you couldn't multitask on the iPod touch. I'm rambling.

Tell you what, I'll make a picture mockup for you tomorrow and let me know what you think. It might be a little different then what I've described above.
    Thanks for your interest.
    I would like to have a digital clock on the TP charger screen, in addition to the analog clock. (Maybe there already is one - I can't find it.)

Another thing I would like - to be able to connect (bluetooth or otherwise) to the A/V components at my church. Send a video signal directly to the projector, change screens via Powerpoint, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast