Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am having trouble getting PreWare on my TouchPad. I have already made the first mistake, which is I set up a developer password, but from what I have read this is not a fatal mistake. So here is my problem, I can get the WebOSQucikInstall (the latest version) to recognize a webOS device is attached my computer, but when I click on the globe icon nothing happens and if I select the device dropdown WebOSQuickInstall stops responding (I have tried this on two computers and the results are the same). Also, I am never prompted to provide my password.

Has anyone else run into this problem and/or does anyone know to resolve the issue that I am having?
    update your novacom driver
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    When you say "update" do you mean select the reinstall Novacom option in the initial popup when you start the program? I did that and no dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Law00 View Post
    When you say "update" do you mean select the reinstall Novacom option in the initial popup when you start the program? I did that and no dice.
    yes and then restart the computer as well

also try removing the novacom driver, restarting then reinstalling
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    It still does not work. I did a search for the novacom driver so I could remove it manually and it is not on my computer.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Also, I get the following message when I end the WOSQI in Task Manager "Java Platform SE Binary not responding"
    Quote Originally Posted by Law00 View Post
    Also, I get the following message when I end the WOSQI in Task Manager "Java Platform SE Binary not responding"
    update your java to the latest version

java.com: Java + You
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have Java version 6, update 26 installed and I get the sam error message.
    What operating system? Any possible firewall, AV issue? Have you tried installing the sdk?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Vista. I have disabled my firewall. I have not installed the sdk.
    weird weird weird
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I installed the sdk and no change.
    I had trouble with it as well on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine. Same issues. I ended up using a Linux (Ubuntu) virtual machine to get webOS Quick Install to work. Don't know if that's an option for you, but that's what I had to do.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I will try it, I will try anything at this point.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The Linux (Ubuntu) virtual machine approach is slow going. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Question. Connection through hub or directly to the computer?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Through a wireless network.
    maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the java runtime? Also you might try running java from the command line "java -jar webosquickinstall-4.2.3.jar" ? Also maybe try looking in the java console (in the control panel) and see if any settings there jump out? If there is more than one version installed, you'll see that in the runtime section of the console. Kinda just grasping at straws.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the java runtime? Also you might try running java from the command line "java -jar webosquickinstall-4.2.3.jar" ? Also maybe try looking in the java console (in the control panel) and see if any settings there jump out? If there is more than one version installed, you'll see that in the runtime section of the console. Kinda just grasping at straws.
    If you are gonna try opening via commandline, I suggest you launch it like "java -jar webosquickinstall-4.2.3.jar -log" as that will create a wosqi.log file which will output any errors to it.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I will try this, but it is odd that I am having the same problem on two computers (maybe it is not odd).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast