Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
  1.    #1  
    When will Zinio for the Touchpad be released?

The app is prominently featured on HP US TouchPad website in the books category but it seems that it is not yet available on the App Catalogue?

This is a major app I am eagerly waiting for as it is in my view a great solution to subscribe/buy/read magazines on a Tablet.

Given the issues of the native Adobe Reader app (font rendering problems with no anti-aliasing, very slow rendering of pages), reading .pdf versions of books/magazine is not a very compelling experience on the TP for the time being and Zinio should help improve things on this front...
    dweiums and PrplHaz4 like this.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've some time each week googling to see if there's any news out there about Zinio and all I find is "coming soon" back in June I have it on my Xoom and it's one of the last things I need on the TouchPad to be able to move over completely...

I wish HP would put some sort of timeline on those featured apps - it's really ridiculous to have featured apps not be in the catalog. The placeholder idea they used for the Kindle might've been the right way to go!
    +1
    need this app as well badly
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Yes, eagerly keeping an eye out for this one also. Zinio seems to have every magazine I've checked for so I'm definitely looking forward to having my magazine subscriptions go electronic once it is available.
    I just got an email in response to my question regarding Zinio for the Touchpad.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Zinio Customer Support *

Indeed there is. It is being developed now and we hope to have it available soon.

Kind regards,

xxxx
    Zinio Customer Support *
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I just got an email in response to my question regarding Zinio for the Touchpad.
    I do like my TP a lot. But MAN am I tired of hearing "soon" as a release date for apps.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I communicated with Zinio support on two occasions and they specifically said the app would be available by the end of July. He didn't say what year. There are only two possible reasons why companies keep giving us this line; either they have been told to just keep telling us what they think we want to hear or they can't come up with an app that works.
    Frank M. Schabel
    Quote Originally Posted by schabelf View Post
    I communicated with Zinio support on two occasions and they specifically said the app would be available by the end of July. He didn't say what year. There are only two possible reasons why companies keep giving us this line; either they have been told to just keep telling us what they think we want to hear or they can't come up with an app that works.
    must be end of July 2013.
  10.    #10  
    I hope that the Zinio app will still be released despite the HP webOS announcements. It would certainly help to extend the life of my TP with access to HQ magazines offline...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    just found multiple reply tweets from @zinio that they've stopped work on the app
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Grrr, that's bad news This and quickoffice update were the only apps I really wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    just found multiple reply tweets from @zinio that they've stopped work on the app
    stupid on their part....imma blow up their email and twitter then

i need this so i can read my 5+ mag subscriptions easier
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I've posted before, but you can expect the publishers using the Adobe Tools to begin showing up in a month or two -- they specced Q3 as their release date for webOS.
    I'm not holding my breath for anything Adobe promises.
    @agentmock We have stopped production on the TouchPad app. Apologize for any inconvenience.

come on guys! blow their twitter and website email UP!
    @agentmock

Tweet Sent
    Hey, maybe I already changed their mind

jeremy3721's tweet
    @Zinio You guys are letting down several hundred thousand new users by not finishing your webOS Touchpad app.

zinio's reply
    @jeremy3721 Checking to verify this right now, will keep you posted!
    Aug 24, 8:26 PM via CoTweet
    In reply to…
    I really hope Zinio comes.

Can someone create a short and simple Tweet and paste a link here for people to re-tweet easily?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    from zinio

@agentmock I'm going to double check this to verify.

@agentmock Will let you know when we have an update for you!

@agentmock We are currently looking into our various options regarding future efforts with HP and will update you when we can.
    @agentmock

Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast