Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Oh, come on! He's Photoshopped those appstore shots. :-)
    Last edited by Treadbrook; 10/12/2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Looks like more new apps, and updates. Maybe they do them in alphabetical order??? LOL The IS getting painful!!
    honestly doesn't matter to me much. I will be jumping to android when its released. The app store sucks, theres a handful of useful apps, and one of the most useful they are sitting on. The OS is great, but if HP is not going to give it the support it needs, then its time for me to find an OS that is supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkabaseballind View Post
    honestly doesn't matter to me much. I will be jumping to android when its released. The app store sucks, theres a handful of useful apps, and one of the most useful they are sitting on. The OS is great, but if HP is not going to give it the support it needs, then its time for me to find an OS that is supported.
    Couldnt agree more... im getting more fed up with webos by the day... no wonder hp killed it and no one bought it
    Quote Originally Posted by maxigor View Post
    Couldnt agree more... im getting more fed up with webos by the day... no wonder hp killed it and no one bought it
    Blame HP - not WebOS - there's noting (other than lack of support by HP) wrong with it. .. .
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    Blame HP - not WebOS - there's noting (other than lack of support by HP) wrong with it. .. .
    its slow, sound stops, browser lacks features, built in apps are basic. That's my start...
    So jk, tell us again why you bought one?
    Philly-Sports likes this.
    heard that the app hasn't been submitted yet from Zinio. Sounding like vaporware.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadbrook View Post
    So jk, tell us again why you bought one?
    Because it was $150. Which is a great deal. Bang for the buck it is great. Features, it doesn't compete with android and iOS. The webOS concept is amazing. I understand that the Touchpad OS is very similar to the pre and pixi OS. IOS was solid out the door on iPad. Android was built from the ground up and had issues. I would have hoped that the Touchpad was more polished. I think it had a chance to be great, but HP killed it and I get the impression the Palm employees didn't care much about the future of webOS. My ideal tablet runs webOS and has the apps of android/iOS. The patches help greatly, but a community shouldn't have to be the ones making the OS useable. Seems like everyone is using the patches....
    heard that the app hasn't been submitted yet from Zinio. Sounding like vaporware.....
    Where did you hear that? They've said on here and on Facebook that the app was already submitted to HP.
    you do realize we have a zinio prprpr $employee$ $posting$ $in$ $here$, $correct$?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I asked them on facebook and they said that it will be submitted very soon. I take that as it hasn't been submitted. I hope that I am wrong but looks like it is going to be another few days at best. I hear that it will be out soon, ASAP, then I hear that it hasn't been submitted. I am hearing a lot but no app yet.
    Zinio tweeted this on the 9th and linked to an article that states the app had been submitted to HP. Our app is on the way! 20 good apps for the HP TouchPad | ZDNet #webos
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I agree w/ uh60james. I saw the same tweet and no way Zinio is going to **** out a but load of potential customers. They have to large of a user base to fooling around w/ vaporware. If the guy did Photoshop it that some dang good work. Had me convinced. The good news is more apps are coming out each day and the just released iHeart radio which is a pretty high quality app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurl15 View Post
    I agree w/ uh60james. I saw the same tweet and no way Zinio is going to **** out a but load of potential customers. They have to large of a user base to fooling around w/ vaporware. If the guy did Photoshop it that some dang good work. Had me convinced. The good news is more apps are coming out each day and the just released iHeart radio which is a pretty high quality app.
    iHeart has been out - it was an update - still a GOOD THING!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurl15 View Post
    If the guy did Photoshop it that some dang good work. Had me convinced.
    Me too. And I gave the images a good hard stare.

The only thing that concerned me was that New Scientist was one of the magazines in the gallery, and according to the Zinio website that's not available for webOS. But as it's the one I want to subscribe to I decided to go with a big bucket of hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Me too. And I gave the images a good hard stare.

The only thing that concerned me was that New Scientist was one of the magazines in the gallery, and according to the Zinio website that's not available for webOS. But as it's the one I want to subscribe to I decided to go with a big bucket of hope.

NICE CATCH!! - I assumed uniformity across platforms - I went to ESPN - saw no WebOS. Was like "Ha - WebOS isn't listed for anything yet", then I went to "PC Magazine" and WebOS was listed.

That's a bummer!!! - Now - I need to check the other publications I was considering!!

Subscribe to The Hockey News - and was really looking forward to it - but - it's not listed with WebOS either.

Can the TP run Adobe Air???
    Last edited by DILands; 10/13/2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: updated
    I bought a single copy of New Scientist the other day, so that I could try it out on the TP app when it arrives (to check how accurate those Zinio catalogue tags are).

New Scientist works very nicely on my Android phone (which is marked as supported) with an option to show just the text of the article which makes it very easy to read. So cross fingers for webOS.

I've also got a current subscription to Uncut which was showing webOS when I subscribed... but isn't now...
    i dont see them only making SOME mags for webos and some not. i think thats just a website update fail on zinios part.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i dont see them only making SOME mags for webos and some not. i think thats just a website update fail on zinios part.
    Yes, probably. I suspect that they cleared the webOS tags off when they realised that the app was going to take some time to appear (I subscribed to Uncut back on 2nd September, the tag was showing then), and the tags will all go back on when the app is released.

So I guess we won't know which magazines are available until it finally launches.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast