Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PrplHaz4 View Post
    This thread is exactly why most software product managers do not like to talk about release dates and availability in a public forum.

The fact that the app continued development and will be reviewed for inclusion in the App Catalog for a "dead" platform is enough for me to be appreciative.
    true ... but the rants in the above messages are directed towards HP not zinio
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah, no ill will towards Zinio, this is HP's fail. Be glad this isn't an Android Market issue, the forums would be ablaze by now.

Sent from my DROIDX
    poor zinio....im being patient though
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    hope i can see zinio soon! i'm dying to install it on my touchpad!
    it feels like ages
    Guys - the only thing I can say - because of it's functionality (at least for me) is, as anxiously as I have been waiting for this - I'm SURE that it will be well worth the wait. Yeah - it's THAT good!!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    You assume or you know it's that good?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    You assume or you know it's that good?
    OK "assume" LOL. I have it on my PC and Android Phone - which I rarely use. I'll use the PC Veerson to chack back issues, etc. A 4.25" screen on the phone makes the device not real functional. The TouchPad (or xPad) is the perfect platform (at last for me).
    I use Zinio on my iPhone and it is great. I also use it on an iPad. If it is as good as on either of those, it will be worth the wait.
    I find myself wanting the Android port to be ready more and more everyday. I wish Zinio would release there IPK on there own site and I may be able to make it a little longer. I want to like webOS but there is too much missing for me.
    They might want to get this app out now since IOS 5 with newsstand comes out tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    They might want to get this app out now since IOS 5 with newsstand comes out tomorrow.
    HP is not concerned with consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    HP is not concerned with consumers.
    well by all observations I would agree. But what if they are trying to get the zinio picsel release together? But then I seem some mag apps coming out that they have to deal with.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    well by all observations I would agree. But what if they are trying to get the zinio picsel release together? But then I seem some mag apps coming out that they have to deal with.
    Zinio already has an ios app. It's not like reading magazines was going to be a webos exclusive, so this only really affects ios customers who now have competition.
    its on the way
    Attached Images Attached Images
    taxi, Spyke and whitefinger like this.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised to find it that the delayed release has more to do with 3.0.3 than anything else. Zinio is pretty intensive on the iPad, so I would think the performance improvements that has been discussed around the traps might be the reason its still waiting to be put on the Market.

On the fb announcement by Zinio today of the updated iPad app, they made mention that they are working with HP to make the app live asap.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georgewbush043 View Post
    its on the way
    can you give us any more details on what country you have your App Catalog activated in, or when you took the screen shot?

I am curious because the other apps showing on the screen all have 0 reviews which doesn't match US App Catalog I am looking at.

I am also happy to see National Geographic in your screenshot of the app - when I subscribed to that a couple weeks ago I didn't realize it wouldn't be available to view on my Android Xoom

Thanks, Clarice
    ^ yeah it is quite an intensive app but there shouldn't be any reason why the touchpad can't handle it. I can't speak for the iPad version but my htc desire handles the android version perfectly and the touchpad, atleast spec wise, is much more powerful

edit: Damn you Shrxwin posting at the same time
    shrxwin likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yeah, my Nook Color also handles Zinio just fine, and it's a single core CPU running (overclocked) at 1.3GHz. I would think the TouchPad should be able to run Zinio very well. I'm also looking forward to this app as I've canceled virtually all of my physical magazine subscriptions, and the TouchPad's 10" screen will work much better for reading them digitally than the Nook's 7" screen.
    wait lets get back to that guys app store
    ↑ this.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast