Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Well, guess I was not fully aware of how Zinio worked. I thought I would be able to read magazines that I already subscribe to through this app, as long as Zinio had digital versions of them. It appears though that even if I already subscribe to a few of the magazines I cannot view them because I did not buy them through Zinio. Maybe there is a way, but I just cannot find out how to add them to my Zinio Library. I tried doing this through Zinio's webiste so I could just download the app when it is released and have all my magazines ready. If this is the case then the excitement for me as faded.
    I guess it depends on the publication. I have a "The Hockey News" subscription - and it includes the Zinio version. . .
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Well, guess I was not fully aware of how Zinio worked. I thought I would be able to read magazines that I already subscribe to through this app, as long as Zinio had digital versions of them. It appears though that even if I already subscribe to a few of the magazines I cannot view them because I did not buy them through Zinio. Maybe there is a way, but I just cannot find out how to add them to my Zinio Library. I tried doing this through Zinio's webiste so I could just download the app when it is released and have all my magazines ready. If this is the case then the excitement for me as faded.
    zinio FAQ says something like you need to call that magazine company and ask for your subrcription to be switch to digital and that the switch may take a few weeks. Look at their FAQ for more details.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    zinio FAQ says something like you need to call that magazine company and ask for your subrcription to be switch to digital and that the switch may take a few weeks. Look at their FAQ for more details.
    Thanks. I saw that after I posted. I guess I will wait just to see how well this app works before I do anything. I really don't want to have one or the other, but if I had to choose one, I would keep my print edition. Oh well.
    Thanks. I saw that after I posted. I guess I will wait just to see how well this app works before I do anything. I really don't want to have one or the other, but if I had to choose one, I would keep my print edition. Oh well.
    Entertainment Weekly did a survey - they asked the "either/or question". I chose electronic. My thinking is that (due to the cost of paper and shipping) it SHOULD be cheaper. Also like the ability to have my magazines on the touchpad - rather than read it, trash it, and then think, oops - I want to check something.
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    Entertainment Weekly did a survey - they asked the "either/or question". I chose electronic. My thinking is that (due to the cost of paper and shipping) it SHOULD be cheaper. Also like the ability to have my magazines on the touchpad - rather than read it, trash it, and then think, oops - I want to check something.
    I like to have both. I normally bring my magazines to the office so others can read them, and then donate them to the local library. But I would like to have Zinio access for traveling and looking up old articles.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    This is beginning to get old. I have been eagerly awaiting this app since they announced it was still going to be released for the touchpad, and even subscribed to a couple of magazines in september, and am not too fond of the web reader. I'm not blaming Zinio, as I'm sure it's caught up in HP somewhere, but it's a little annoying that HP is dragging their heels on one of the few legitimate apps that are still supporting their platform.
    Philly-Sports and taxi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    This is beginning to get old. I have been eagerly awaiting this app since they announced it was still going to be released for the touchpad, and even subscribed to a couple of magazines in september, and am not too fond of the web reader. I'm not blaming Zinio, as I'm sure it's caught up in HP somewhere, but it's a little annoying that HP is dragging their heels on one of the few legitimate apps that are still supporting their platform.
    Same here. I'm pretty upset about this. If they don't get it out soon, I'm not going to be ordering any new mags from them. Not sure if it's Zinio or HP, but neither are looking too well. I guess another example of over promise and under delivery. The month is almost 1/3 over, they should probably hold off the Pivot thing until next month. I don't understand how hard it is to write a few articles, add a few pictures and upload it. HP is going to kill WebOS before they can make it worth while. I look at the apps, and it's maybe a decent one a day and a bunch of crap. I don't even know how many dictionary's or those foreign language crap is up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkabaseballind View Post
    Same here. I'm pretty upset about this. If they don't get it out soon, I'm not going to be ordering any new mags from them. Not sure if it's Zinio or HP, but neither are looking too well. I guess another example of over promise and under delivery. The month is almost 1/3 over, they should probably hold off the Pivot thing until next month. I don't understand how hard it is to write a few articles, add a few pictures and upload it. HP is going to kill WebOS before they can make it worth while. I look at the apps, and it's maybe a decent one a day and a bunch of crap. I don't even know how many dictionary's or those foreign language crap is up there.
    for me this is odd and frustrating. Holding an issue for an app makes no sense. Now having said this two apps make come on line soon. One is nuttypad for taking notes. The other is picsel which is a word/PDF app that could be huge. So with nuttypad, zinio, and picsel, well we might just have something here
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I think the delay is is due to getting Adobe Air running on the TouchPad. Zinio uses version 4.

I went to download Adobe Air from Adobe.

It recognized the TouchPad as having a Linux OS and said that they had stopped developing AIR for Linux after version 2.6
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    I think the delay is is due to getting Adobe Air running on the TouchPad. Zinio uses version 4.

I went to download Adobe Air from Adobe.

It recognized the TouchPad as having a Linux OS and said that they had stopped developing AIR for Linux after version 2.6
    I doubt it's Adobe Air that's been holding up this app. Apple has been anti-Adobe for years (no flash, shockwave, air, etc.) yet there is still an Zinio app for the iPad and iPhone. I think it's just the desktop version that uses Adobe Air.
    hey all,

thanks for being so patient! fingers crossed that the app goes live this week!

jeanniey (zinio cmo)
    I'm SO excited about being able to read my subscriptions on my touchpad. It's something that I've been looking forward to since the announcement of the Touchpad. I thought that things were going to go much differently than they have, just like everyone else, and I'm overjoyed that this app will still see the light of day.

I think that is what you said last week. I would be ****ed if it took 2 weeks to get my app to the app store. Don't see many developers staying with webos if its like this.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I agree but I don't think it is zinio's fault at this point. HP for some reason is holding this. This would be huge for webOS and the touchpad. I am tired of reading my mags on my laptop. C'mon HP just release is already who care about pivot.
    Philly-Sports likes this.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I had a response from Zinio on Facebook over the weekend, and they said the TP app was in for QA checking with HP. So its not Zinio's fault....its just getting through HP to get it on the catalog.

Will be interesting to see which mags work and which don't.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I am hoping all 3 of mine work or I will just have to wait for android.
    wow - this app is going through one hell of a QA!
    HOPEFULLY, today is NOT an HP Holiday. . . . . .
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I hope not they did release a few new apps. Y the hell not zinio who knows. HP your blowing it w/ your user base and developers.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This thread is exactly why most software product managers do not like to talk about release dates and availability in a public forum.

The fact that the app continued development and will be reviewed for inclusion in the App Catalog for a "dead" platform is enough for me to be appreciative.
    doc31 likes this.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast