Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 417
Like Tree84Likes
  1. #101  
    Presumably it will be released as a headline app when the October "Pivot" is released?
  2. #102  
    Who knows, we are talking about HP here.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob54 View Post
    Presumably it will be released as a headline app when the October "Pivot" is released?
    I was thinking the same thing - and then though - "Nah - It's sports related", but - there's a ton of sports related mags on Zinio. . .
  4. #104  
    someone needs to hurry it up either way lol
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  5. #105  
    This is a case of over promise and under deliver... very bad job on Zinio's Part
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxigor View Post
    This is a case of over promise and under deliver... very bad job on Zinio's Part

    I disagree. Once the hand it off to HP, it's out of their hands.
  7. SCWells72's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #107  
    I'm as excited about this as anyone, but guys, these folks are quite passionately supporting a relatively dead platform. Are you really complaining that the approval process is taking longer than hoped/expected? It'll show up soon, and when it does your $100-$150 tablet will be even that much more of a steal!
  8. #108  
    Considering when Zinio submitted it - I gotta believe that it's tied to the Pivot Release. Either way - please HP, please!!!
    mknba likes this.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    Considering when Zinio submitted it - I gotta believe that it's tied to the Pivot Release. Either way - please HP, please!!!
    I was thinking the same thing...
  10. #110  
    Maybe it is the free app that HP hinted was going to be in the next Pivot?
    Brian
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    Maybe it is the free app that HP hinted was going to be in the next Pivot?

    I'm pretty sure that the app is already going to be free - you pay for the subscriptions to the publications. There was no charge for the Android App.
  12. #112  
    If HP won't give it to me, Android will soon enough with Cyanogen Mod. I hate to say it but enough small crap like this more and more people will be putting Android on there TP's.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    If HP won't give it to me, Android will soon enough with Cyanogen Mod. I hate to say it but enough small crap like this more and more people will be putting Android on there TP's.

    If I had any degree in my ability to not brick the TP - I would be first in line. . . With the Amazon App Store - and the gazillion free apps I got from them. . .
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    If I had any degree in my ability to not brick the TP - I would be first in line. . . With the Amazon App Store - and the gazillion free apps I got from them. . .
    Those free apps are awesome! I think you will be able to flash it when the time comes, they seem to be setting up a very easy method since some people have never even used Android will probably be giving it a go.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Those free apps are awesome! I think you will be able to flash it when the time comes, they seem to be setting up a very easy method since some people have never even used Android will probably be giving it a go.
    IF I'm REMOTELY interested - I get the app - that's why I'm hoping if WebOS goes anywhere - it goes to Amazon. . . .
  16. DrTinyCat's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #116  
    Did HP fire the Pivot staff or does this type of thing normally happen?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  17. #117  
    I am actually losing interest in this app in particular and WebOS in general... bring on android!
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxigor View Post
    I am actually losing interest in this app in particular and WebOS in general... bring on android!
    I'm not at all losing interest in the app, or WebOS. I am looking forward to Android. How do you think Zinio feels??? The submitted it Sunday (I THINK) and are told 48 Hours. I'm hoping that this doesn't dissuade some of the great developers out there. I'm also praying that HP sells WebOS to Amazon - which would then illeviate a number of the issues that we've seen.
  19. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #119  
    It's not that big of a deal... if there is one thing that has always been positive about webOS it has been the dev relations team. So if the app isn't out yet they either found something wrong with it or they some something else planned for it. They mentioned it was coming in the last email that came out or maybe they said hey zinio if you had a few more lines of code performance would be better.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  20. #120  
    Well, guess I was not fully aware of how Zinio worked. I thought I would be able to read magazines that I already subscribe to through this app, as long as Zinio had digital versions of them. It appears though that even if I already subscribe to a few of the magazines I cannot view them because I did not buy them through Zinio. Maybe there is a way, but I just cannot find out how to add them to my Zinio Library. I tried doing this through Zinio's webiste so I could just download the app when it is released and have all my magazines ready. If this is the case then the excitement for me as faded.

Posting Permissions