Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
Like Tree84Likes
    Something's up, the magazine covers are tiny now when the TP is vertical. Anyone else see this?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So far liking Zinio quite a bit. Never used it before the app for the TouchPad so hopefully I'll keep reading magazines this way and more titles become available.

Any reason why some titles have thumbnails while others don't? All I see are "...". Any help would be appreciated.
    Automobile magazine is pixel-ated badly from page 3 on w/Touchpad but appears to be fine on the iPad. I don't see a way to delete/re-download an issue from the app?

Also I'd like to make a general suggestion regarding the website...that an option be added that would allow filtering by available display options (PC/Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc). I'd rather not have to select every magazine just to see if it can be used with my Touchpad or iPad.
    Last edited by AZTouchpad; 12/19/2011 at 04:41 PM.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    I bought a few magazines for the touchpad app. The SFX magazine just downloaded 4 pages instead of the full magazine. Is there a way to force a re-download of the entire issue or start it over?
    This sucks. they sent me a $25 gift card thing to spend on their site, and the cheapest subscription i found was playboy 12 issues for $12 (us weekly celebrity magazine was $59+! crazy). So i got it.

But it doesnt show up in the app. I guess you cant view these on the touchpad, which is stupid. i wish it had said that before i bought it. i only bought it for the hell of it to test on the tablet, not cuz im a perv. i am a perv probably, but i didnt get it cuz of that... yea

But i do like this idea of not having to buy actual magazines anymore, only sad thing is they are the same exact price it seems. You'd think they'd be cheaper due to the lack of production costs. They should really make them cheaper if they dont want people to pirate.
    Is anybody having an issue viewing their library? I was looking at it earlier today, but now nothing shows up. It says to switch between years in the help, but it only gives me 2012 as an option. I use this app daily. It's Totally hosed!
    Works great on my TouchPad, even Automobile magazine. Spent my 25 dollar gift, no need to have a big pile of magazines laying around anymore cluttering up my house, awesome app!
    Is anybody having an issue viewing their library? I was looking at it earlier today, but now nothing shows up. It says to switch between years in the help, but it only gives me 2012 as an option. I use this app daily. It's Totally hosed!
    I downloaded this app when it was released. I paid for and downloaded magazines on day one. My entire library is still there with no issues. There is a selection for "All" as well as 2011 and 2012. Select All and see if your magazines return.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    This sucks. they sent me a $25 gift card thing to spend on their site, and the cheapest subscription i found was playboy 12 issues for $12 (us weekly celebrity magazine was $59+! crazy). So i got it.

But it doesnt show up in the app. I guess you cant view these on the touchpad, which is stupid. i wish it had said that before i bought it. i only bought it for the hell of it to test on the tablet, not cuz im a perv. i am a perv probably, but i didnt get it cuz of that... yea

But i do like this idea of not having to buy actual magazines anymore, only sad thing is they are the same exact price it seems. You'd think they'd be cheaper due to the lack of production costs. They should really make them cheaper if they dont want people to pirate.
    Most of the magazines are a lot cheaper than if you bought them the stands. Maxim is $5.99 for one magazine but $7.49 for the whole year. There are a few that there is no benefit whatsoever to buying an annual subscription or digitally, so I feel your pain. Just depends on the magazine.

Just found out that Motor Trend is now $6 for 12 issues...

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggerfugger View Post
    How does one get the $25 credit? I signed up and got no email or anything like that.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    you should wait some days, I remember I got the $25 bonus some days after subscription...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    Same exact thing happens to me. Nothing shows for me and I can't change years or anything now. I wrote to the company a couple weeks ago and they told me their apps were having issues. They sent me a canned response with Android reset directions. No luck on the TP.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    I am having the same situation. I know not every app is available for Touchpad but I can only see things under Explore. I see 2012 under Read but nothing available to see that I should be able to see.

I was going to email support about it.

-Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by millerjer24 View Post
    Same exact thing happens to me. Nothing shows for me and I can't change years or anything now. I wrote to the company a couple weeks ago and they told me their apps were having issues. They sent me a canned response with Android reset directions. No luck on the TP.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    Guys had the same problem, asked Zinio in twitter. It seems some of the free samples can cause the problem in WebOs. So either delete the free samples through PC or contact Zinio with your email, they can remove them for you. Mine started working today.
    Quote Originally Posted by simianwolverine View Post
    Guys had the same problem, asked Zinio in twitter. It seems some of the free samples can cause the problem in WebOs. So either delete the free samples through PC or contact Zinio with your email, they can remove them for you. Mine started working today.
    Correct. Go to your account on the Zinio website and delete any subscriptions from prior to 2010 and the rest of your content will show up. It has something to do with a couple of sample issues that had some extra interactive features that don't cooperate with the current Touchpad version.
    Hey Guys,

Anybody on here still having trouble with their Zinio Library on WebOS? Please let me know via email rmichel@zinio.com and I would be happy to help you resolve the problem.

You can also submit a request at Help | Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand and we will get back to you shortly after.

I see a few of your guys on here are WebOSNation faithfuls, please direct any inquiries for help towards this post and my email.

I will try to check in every once and awhile but can't guarantee anything, so make sure you contact us at support@zinio.com with any support related issues.

Thanks for your help and we are glad you are enjoying the Zinio App for WebOS and the Touchpad.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021