Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nbdylovesyou View Post
    great! just used my $10 zinio on a new subscription but registered another new account for this $25!
    awwww. :-( please dont create fake accounts. you don't need to. we also have a program for existing account holders zinio.com/perks- you will get your discount anyway.
    Just got mine. Thank you Zinio.
    I will be spreading the word about you to all my friends with tablets and smartphones.
    Best advertising -- word of mouth.
    I did create a second account, but it wasnt for the 25.00 credit, it was to test and see if the magazines would show when I couldn't see mags after the first day. This was when the app was first released, I never got the 25.00 credit tho. I'm not going to bother emailing since I already have an account I want to use.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogginelvis View Post
    Hi all! The credits for new accounts are sent out around 4 EST the day after you register. They are sent by email from "Zinio." if you have not received yours yet, please check your spam mailbox, just in case. If it's not there, please email me: jmullen@zinio.com and I will pass it along to our team to look into it and resend you your code.

Thanks so much!
    The new account credit email was indeed in my spam quarantine, now delivered :-)

Please pass on my thanks for the Zinio Touchpad app, and also for the new account credit!
    Hooray! it's live. Zinio's Black Friday deals- Shop now to get over 90 titles at great prices- some even less than $5 per YEAR Zinio Black Friday 2011
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Looks like I'm going to be using two different magazine apps. Zinio and Kindle(on CM7). I'll buy ESPN for the Black Friday price to go along with Maxim on Zinio and all other magazines on Kindle. The prices are just cheaper, even the Popular Mechanics is half the price on Amazon than the Black Friday price for Zinio. Both great apps but I'm just going with the cheaper subscriptions for each one.
    loving zinio on my TP! Just bought my first magazine subscription last night and was wondering how to delete unwanted magazines in 'my library'?

also is the credit for new account holders only for the States as I never received a credit up here in Canada?
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    loving zinio on my TP! Just bought my first magazine subscription last night and was wondering how to delete unwanted magazines in 'my library'?
    think you have to do this through the webportal
    When I download magazines, they are not available offline, even when I stay logged on. Also, it doesn't seem to keep my magazines, so I have to re-download them again and again.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by tomsupport; 11/29/2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: no response
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    think you have to do this through the webportal
    tried this but same issue.
    sent them an email. It seems they don't have an edit option on the TP.

update:
    just tried logging off & back in on my TP & then my changes took effect. Still would be nice to be able to edit 'my library' on my TP
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Since it seems that some Zinio staff are watching this thread, I just want to say that I am very pleased that they decided to support the Touchpad in the end, and I have since subscribed to a magazine because of it.

But please replace the tap to zoom with a pinch, and allow arbitrary zoom levels throughout, especially when in portrait mode, because the text is juuuuuuuust a bit small to be comfortable and the subpixel rendering makes the font look fuzzy.

Also - and this is more annoying - in the New Scientist magazine, if you go to Portrait mode, you see the double page spread on the screen. If you double tap the left hand page it zooms. But when you swipe to the left, it goes to the next double page, skipping the right-hand page of the spread. This isn't very intuitive - to get the right-hand page you have to double tap again to zoom out, then double tap the right hand page.
    Ideally a swipe left should move you to the right-hand page, then a further swipe take you to the next double page spread (zoomed in on the left-hand page)
    Just got my 25 bucks. Thanks. Was in my spam.

Picked up ESPN and Maxim, errr I mean Esquire.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Great to have Zinio available on the TP finally, but how come there's no zoom in portrait mode?
    loved having zinio on my touchpad until my library went black...

I brought a lot of mags and was enjoying reading on the touchpad but Sunday I opens up the zinio app and my library just shows a black screen...the rest of the app seems to be working fine just no library.... :-(
    I got my welcome email the 28th. I understand that a second email comes with the 25.00 credit. How long have some of you had to wait. The original was in the spam and I have been checking that too. Thanks!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Does anyone here subscribe to ESPN the Magazine through Zinio and if so, do you get access to ESPN Insider if your subscription is through Zinio? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post

also is the credit for new account holders only for the States as I never received a credit up here in Canada?
    I didnot received a credit of $25, i'm a Chinese user.
    =========================
    Oh, i find it in spam box, and it's already expired.
    Last edited by new04tt; 12/04/2011 at 07:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I had a few mags downloaded and read through them a few weeks ago. I went back to the app to finish reading and the all disappeared. I emailed support with the problem and they said some publication can not be read under WebOS. Apparently they did not read my email stating I was able to download and read the same mags a few weeks ago.

This app is useless under WebOS. Don't waste your money buying publications unless you have another platform to read on.

-- Sent from my TouchPad
    I agree - this app under WebOS is useless. I was able to read the magazines right after I installed the app, few days later I wasn't able to zoom the page anymore - I can only view a pixelated image of the page. Also, I have my touchpad localization set to France and for example - the Nat Geo mag in the store is only available in Russian on the touchpad. ***? Even more interesting - a US version is available if I log into my account from my laptop, I even bought it for the free $25 they gave me for registration, but it doesn't appear in my library on the touchpad.

Junk.
    I've had no problems with Zinio. Mags I bought on my PC show up on my TP. Great app, love it.