Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Still missing my playboy editions. grrr.
    started new account, way too much work to try & figure out what mag was preventing sync. To top it off can recover some of the mags. Happy for those that did work.
    suprised this hasn't been posted yet .... but free $25 shopping perk for new registrations

As an added incentive for new Zinio buyers on any device, Zinio will be offering new registrants a $25 credit that they can redeem for magazines across the entire global newsstand through March 2012.
    Not sure when this will go away .... I signed up yesterday and today received my credit via email.

Press Releases | Corporate | Zinio
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    suprised this hasn't been posted yet .... but free $25 shopping perk for new registrations

Not sure when this will go away .... I signed up yesterday and today received my credit via email.

[url= Releases | Corporate | Zinio[/url]
    That stinks, we got a choice of a few free magazines, I'd rather have $25!
    Got my credit for $25 too. Put it towards one OXM and a year of maxim (there's a promotion for 1-year maxim = $14.97).

Not bad for free
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Got my credit for $25 too. Put it towards one OXM and a year of maxim (there's a promotion for 1-year maxim = $14.97).

Not bad for free
    Did you just sign up?
    yup
    If anyone is having any trouble at all with magazines or subscriptions not showing up, just fire off an email. I bough a copy of EDGE on there the other day, and the Paypal purchase didn't link up properly. So I fired off an email right away, and it was sorted out less than 30 minutes later.

The lack of the $25 discount definitely sucks, but I can understand where Zinio's coming from, Fire is having a BIG launch, with a long tail, and Zinio need to get a foot in. The Touchpad could just as easily have been ignored by them, but they didn't. I'm grateful, and so it's not so big a deal for me.

I am, however, hoping for some further development of the app on TP. On the iOS iPhone client, there's a text only, non-page view, which shows you just the text from an article. It's very snazzy, and since a lot of magazines aren't particularly close to being unreadable in text size at points, it'd be great to see on TP too.

Also, the list of contents view would be fantastic to come across. No idea why it's not there already.

Getting rid of the bar at the bottom. What's the point of it?

Lastly, some zooming functionality when in Portrait view would be nice. Right now, stuff's on the cusp of being unreadable when you've got a full page on show, and just zooming in a fraction would be hugely useful.
    For those complaining about no $25 credit... why not just create a second account? Use $25 on that for a couple free mags.
    Bah! Paypal payment just failed on me a second time...
    Well, just emailed CS again. Seems to me like Paypal doesn't play nice when handing back over to Zinio.
    yeah I don't understand the complaints about the $25 credit ... it isn't limited to the Fire
    and I believe if you create a new account you can still apply the credit code to your current account

complain that you can't view adult publications on your tablet device not this
    I am having a much more difficult time find magazines to purchase than I thought I would. I was pretty excited about this app, but the prices seem very high for a digital edition.

Just as an example, my Consumer Reports subscription is about to expire and I figured I could just get it through Zinio. Zinio charges $29 for 12 issues. Directly from CR's site, you get 13 issues (print), Annual Buying Guide and 50 Steps to a Richer Retirement all for $26.

I know it is only a $3 difference, but you get more issues and two "guides".

It just surprises me that the digital subscriptions do not cost less....nothing to mail, nothing to print.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    I am having a much more difficult time find magazines to purchase than I thought I would. I was pretty excited about this app, but the prices seem very high for a digital edition.
    Yeah, their subscription prices are more than Amazon on the 7 magazines that I looked at. The Maxim promotion that someone said they got for $14.97 and thinking it was a great price is overpriced, because it's $5 cheaper at Amazon. Zinio is just lucky that Amazon hasn't updated the Touchpad app to view magazines like they did with Android and IOS.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    For those complaining about no $25 credit... why not just create a second account? Use $25 on that for a couple free mags.
    Because I already have a subscription on my first account and it's a complete pain if I had to swap sign ins all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    yeah I don't understand the complaints about the $25 credit ... it isn't limited to the Fire
    and I believe if you create a new account you can still apply the credit code to your current account
    I didn't see a way to use it on my original account, so I made a new one and I got the $25 code today by email. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I didn't see a way to use it on my original account, so I made a new one and I got the $25 code today by email. :-)
    I created a new account Thursday and still haven't received it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbob View Post
    If anyone is having any trouble at all with magazines or subscriptions not showing up, just fire off an email. I bough a copy of EDGE on there the other day, and the Paypal purchase didn't link up properly. So I fired off an email right away, and it was sorted out less than 30 minutes later.

The lack of the $25 discount definitely sucks, but I can understand where Zinio's coming from, Fire is having a BIG launch, with a long tail, and Zinio need to get a foot in. The Touchpad could just as easily have been ignored by them, but they didn't. I'm grateful, and so it's not so big a deal for me.

I am, however, hoping for some further development of the app on TP. On the iOS iPhone client, there's a text only, non-page view, which shows you just the text from an article. It's very snazzy, and since a lot of magazines aren't particularly close to being unreadable in text size at points, it'd be great to see on TP too.

Also, the list of contents view would be fantastic to come across. No idea why it's not there already.

Getting rid of the bar at the bottom. What's the point of it?

Lastly, some zooming functionality when in Portrait view would be nice. Right now, stuff's on the cusp of being unreadable when you've got a full page on show, and just zooming in a fraction would be hugely useful.
    Thanks for your feedback. Please send me emails with your reuqests for enhancements and i will happily pass them along to the dev team. Jmullen@zinio.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I created a new account Thursday and still haven't received it.
    Ditto.
    Hi all! The credits for new accounts are sent out around 4 EST the day after you register. They are sent by email from "Zinio." if you have not received yours yet, please check your spam mailbox, just in case. If it's not there, please email me: jmullen@zinio.com and I will pass it along to our team to look into it and resend you your code.

Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by nogginelvis View Post
    Hi all! The credits for new accounts are sent out around 4 EST the day after you register. They are sent by email from "Zinio." if you have not received yours yet, please check your spam mailbox, just in case. If it's not there, please email me: jmullen@zinio.com and I will pass it along to our team to look into it and resend you your code.

Thanks so much!
    great! just used my $10 zinio on a new subscription but registered another new account for this $25!