Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Still nothing in my Library on my Touchpad, tried the clicking between shop and library a few times as suggested but still nothing.
    Also tried restarting my Touchpad and trying again but no luck - any ideas?
    The first few pages of each issue I've downloaded render well and the rest are a blurry mess. I've swiped, I've Luna-d and I've booted. Love the idea of the app but if its unreadable its useless to me. Any ideas?
    Had the same problem. In the end deleted the app and reinstalled it and that seems to have fixed it, although the bottom section where you see all the pages are blank.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Im really liking this app (dare i say it was worth the wait) it found all my current subscriptions fine. The only problem i have is that you cant zoom in, in portrait some of the mags are barely readable.
    While I'm happy that Zinio's finally available, my TP library refuses to sync with my account. Just says 2011 top left with all the months listed underneath, but nothing shows up. Can't even access my subscriptions from last year. Tried my wife's account as well - same problem. I'm blaming it on v1.0 issues but I really hope they sort out the problems soon.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    glad its here and everything working great for me and all my library is there
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Barron22 View Post
    Im really liking this app (dare i say it was worth the wait) it found all my current subscriptions fine. The only problem i have is that you cant zoom in, in portrait some of the mags are barely readable.
    Yeah, it looks like some magazines (like the free Spin issue) are just enlarging the smaller landscape view pages and that's making them very pixelated in portrait/fullscreen.

Also, the PC magazine issue looks like it's cropping just a tiny amount from the pages when in portrait view.
    Do you need wifi to read them, or just D/L them? You can read them offline, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    Had the same problem. In the end deleted the app and reinstalled it and that seems to have fixed it, although the bottom section where you see all the pages are blank.

I did this, still not working. I deleted it, rebooted the touchpad. Reinstalled it. I had toggled back and forth between read and shop and changed my screen so it doesn't turn off for 30 minutes. Still no go.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruuk View Post
    Do you need wifi to read them, or just D/L them? You can read them offline, right?
    According to the faq, just to download them. It says also not to sign out the app because you have to have wifi to log back in and you have to be logged in to view material.
    I don't see redbook or 17.

I'm also missing those two, but I have two issues of Spin...

Katie
    I did this, still not working. I deleted it, rebooted the touchpad. Reinstalled it. I had toggled back and forth between read and shop and changed my screen so it doesn't turn off for 30 minutes. Still no go.
    If you have a file manager app go to the /media/internal drive. There should be a folder called zinio. Delete that and restart the app. You can start the app, sign in and try that. Deleting the folder removes its cache as the downloaded magazines are there.

Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    If you have a file manager app go to the /media/internal drive. There should be a folder called zinio. Delete that and restart the app. You can start the app, sign in and try that. Deleting the folder removes its cache as the downloaded magazines are there.

That didn't work so I deleted the folder again. Deleted the app. Rebooted. Reinstalled the app. Rebooted, still no go. I logged out and registered a new account and now the 10 of the 12 free samples have shown up. I logged out and logged into my original account, still no magazines. I logged out and logged into the new one I set up, and the samples are still there. *sigh* I'm not fooling with it anymore tonight. I figure they will do an update soon enough to resolve any issues. It was great while it lasted tho.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    That didn't work so I deleted the folder again. Deleted the app. Rebooted. Reinstalled the app. Rebooted, still no go. I logged out and registered a new account and now the 10 of the 12 free samples have shown up. I logged out and logged into my original account, still no magazines. I logged out and logged into the new one I set up, and the samples are still there. *sigh* I'm not fooling with it anymore tonight. I figure they will do an update soon enough to resolve any issues. It was great while it lasted tho.
    Its like being given a bag of candy, but you can't put your hand in the bag to grab any out

Back to CM7 until its resolved *sigh* I have 14 magazines waiting to read, and not one shows up. Yet I can *buy* those same mags from the store. Go figure!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Natgeo I have subscribed to isn't available, but the July 2011 is given away as a sample? This doesn't make sense. Work-in-progress, but at least it is out, I was beginning to think it would never come.
    My PC Magazine subscription isn't showing. I decided to log on to my computer and check the offline reader there and I had the free issues and the PC Magazine stuff. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps and nothing is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    Its like being given a bag of candy, but you can't put your hand in the bag to grab any out

Back to CM7 until its resolved *sigh* I have 14 magazines waiting to read, and not one shows up. Yet I can *buy* those same mags from the store. Go figure!
    I was able to see my library of magazines earlier in the day and now I can't see any of them. I also had my TP crash while reading one of them earlier as well. Sure hope they get these bugs worked out soon!
    Ah, so the app is useless on a plane, on a train, on a ferry, in an airport where you aren't subscribed to the airport's wifi service. In other words, most places you'd really like to use it! Incredible.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am still unable to get my library... But when I create a new account and access the new account I can see the new library... Guess it's a problem with my account... Maybe I'll need to make Zinio a call later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruuk View Post
    Ah, so the app is useless on a plane, on a train, on a ferry, in an airport where you aren't subscribed to the airport's wifi service. In other words, most places you'd really like to use it! Incredible.
    No it's not. The FAQ is definitely poorly worded, but if you sign in once and then download your magazines, then you don't need an internet connection for subsequent times.

Unfortunately, half of the free samples either don't load, or only show blurry images.
    This is great!! Thank you Zinio!! I'm really happy to see this app available on webOS. So far, I'm really impressed and it works well. It's really nice to see colorful magazines clear and crisp on the Touchpad screen. I'm looking forward to switching to digital subscriptions for my magazines!

So far, the only minor issues I have are that my library is not showing up - this works fine on my Linux desktop (I see the new Nov free issues there fine in addition to the others). On the Touchpad, I see only the new ones in Nov plus a free one I got when I downloaded the Linux client in August. None of the ones I purchased (I only purchased 2) in between are showing up. So, yes, I have a small library and, so far, I seen to have this problem as others have reported. I tried the recommended workaround of jumping between shop and library - to no effect.

As far as interface goes, the pages being blurry initially sometimes is slightly annoying - especially since the behaviour is not consistent. Most times the next page shows up clear, some times it does not. The time it takes to become clear is not consistent either. Some times it takes so long that I give up waiting and rotate the Touchpad (switch to portrait or landscape) to try to force it. I have not been a fan of webOS itself handling picture viewing with the blurry to clear feature either - I'm not sure what the limitation is (device memory?) but I really wish everything was 100% crisp all the time. Short of that, the behaviour needs to be consistent.

Finally, this is a bit nit-picky, but when you switch to navigation mode in a magazine (with the ability to close the issue or navigate using the page guide at the bottom), I wish the page guide at the bottom would have a scroll that is more like the ones native to most mobile OSes now - where the speed of the scrolling depends on the speed of the user's flick motion and then slows down (losing inertia). It is a lot of slow scrolling to jump to the beginning from the end or vice versa. It would also be nice to have a way to directly jump to the beginning or end.

Those quibbles aside, thanks so much for bringing this app to the Touchpad! Please keep up the good work!!!!