Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Slightly off-topic, but the webOS logo they use in their webOS FAQ:

Form

Is basically just cut and pasted from the developer portal:

https://developer.palm.com/

Just thought that was a little funny. Also interesting that they didn't paste the whole HP webOS.
    HelloNNNewman and Barron22 like this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Did you have a wifi connection at work? The app needs to sign in over the internet before you can access your content offline *. If you signed out at home and had no access at work that might have caused the issue.

* That's caught me out on my Android phone as well. I've had to wander out of a café to find a 3G signal before I could read the magazine already on my phone.
    Yea, I do have WiFi with internet access here at work and didn't sign out before getting here. I know some sites and ports are blocked here, but I can access the Zinio website and download magazines to my Zinio 4 desktop reader. Looking around, I found that the /media/internal/zinio/library.xml file only contains the following:

<zinioServiceResponse><responseStatus>
    <status>0</status>
    <errorDetail><code>SYSTEM_ERROR</code></errorDetail>
    </responseStatus></zinioServiceResponse>
    Quote Originally Posted by nogginelvis View Post
    hi all! now that the app is live i just wanted to give everyone a quick update on a few frequent questions we've been asked....

3) Are there free issues? Yes! There are 12 free magazines in the library section of the app. If you have not received these, please let us know.

Thanks everyone!!!
    Hello nogginelvis,

Can you tell me which 12 magazines should be showing up? I am only seeing 10, but two of those I may already have subscriptions to. I contacted Zinio support but they were not sure about any free issues.

Thanks.
    Yes! Got a non-flap case for my TouchPad and Zinio all on the same day! MAJOR boost of usefulness - who said this thing was dead?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I have a couple of questions.

1.) Is there a way for the app to either auto-sign you in when you get it or at least fill in sign in area as an option so I don't have to type in my email address each and every time?

2.) When you're in a magazine, how do you get back to the main page area?

I was going to ask why there are some magazines on the website but not on the app but I found the answer. HP, Google, and Apple won't let anyone read "adult" magazines on their app, such as Playboy or a few others. That is stupid because then you could just use the browser of the Touchpad but that defeats the purpose of the app.

Otherwise, it's a great app.
    Here are the 12 free titles.

Canoe and Kayak, Harvard Business Review, Home Theater, Redbook, SAIL, Seattle Met, Seventeen, Spin, Esquire, Wine Enthusiast, PC Magazine, Juxtapoz Art & Culture Magazine
    Can I get rid of the free magazines that I'm not going to read so that they don't show up on my read screen?
    Last edited by Nechasin; 11/02/2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: changed "apps" to "magazines"
    Brian
    For those that are curious, I logged into my zinio account from my desktop and found I was able to remove the unwanted magazines from there.
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by nogginelvis View Post
    Here are the 12 free titles.

Canoe and Kayak, Harvard Business Review, Home Theater, Redbook, SAIL, Seattle Met, Seventeen, Spin, Esquire, Wine Enthusiast, PC Magazine, Juxtapoz Art & Culture Magazine
    Awesome... looking forward to reading the Home Theater, PC Magazine and HBR issues, and will wild card it on the other three. I will probably even subscribe to a magazine or two (either HT or Stereophile for one, and Bike for the other). This might get expensive...
    WOW! Very nice application.
    I don't see redbook or 17.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I don't see redbook or 17.

Those are the two I am missing as well.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Those are the two I am missing as well.
    Ditto
    I relaunched the app and now all my content is gone. I logged out, logged back in, restarted my TP same issue. The only thing I'd done since first logging in is going to the main site to delete the samples I didn't care to read. Any suggestions? *edit* nevermind...just saw the reply from zinio earlier in the thread.

Last edited by Sukiyaki; 11/02/2011 at 04:25 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I have a couple of questions.

1.) Is there a way for the app to either auto-sign you in when you get it or at least fill in sign in area as an option so I don't have to type in my email address each and every time?

2.) When you're in a magazine, how do you get back to the main page area?
    1) I've only had to sign in the once so far, and I've been in and out of the app a lot of times, including a reboot. What are you doing between the times you need to type in your email address?

2) Tap the screen once to bring up the thumbnails and title bar and then tap the cross in the top left corner to go back to the main page.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I think my only complaint is that I wished it remember what page I was on when returning to a magazine.
    I'm having the blury page issue as well. Didn't happen first couple of times I used the app but now I can't read pages as they don't fully render.

any help or advice?
    Can I download mags to my TP at a Starbucks and then read them at home where there is no wifi? I'm hearing you always need to log in via wifi first to use Zinio, or something of that nature. Is there any cloud or streaming involved? I just need to download complete mags at a wifi hotspot and read them offline at home. Not sure that's possible given Zinio's operation.
    Wow, Zinio has the greatest customer service that I've experienced in a long time. I subscribed through goreadgreen.com a month ago but the website errored so I thought I lost out on the deal. I called Zinio's customer service line, was connected quickly to a rep and he manually added the subscription to my account without a fuss. The rep even took the time to let me know exactly what day the new issues tend to show up. I'm sold, time to sign myself up for some more magazines through Zinio.
    The first few pages of each issue I've downloaded render well and the rest are a blurry mess. I've swiped, I've Luna-d and I've booted. Love the idea of the app but if its unreadable its useless to me. Any ideas?