Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
    I tried to be patient but finally caved and installed Android last night....the wait for Zinio was killing me!

I downloaded Zinio from the Android Market but (as expected) got an error message when running it. Could someone who is up and running tell me what to do and where to stick the 2 files linked to? I take it I still need the marketplace Zinio app and these files just patch it to run on TP?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    If you have already installed zinio from the market , then download the second APK (zinio settings provider) provided in the link above and just install it.

After you install it , open zinio and it will still show an error. but wait for 5-10 seconds and you should be able to get past the error into the home screen.

or try this apk -- http://rootzwiki.com/topic/6759-working-zinio-app/
    Last edited by dharani1234; 10/24/2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dharani1234 View Post
    If you have already installed zinio from the market , then download the second APK (zinio settings provider) provided in the link above and just install it.

After you install it , open zinio and it will still show an error. but wait for 5-10 seconds and you should be able to get past the error into the home screen.

or try this apk -- Working Zinio app - RootzWiki
    Thanks for the help!

I tried adding the second APK to the Zinio app I downloaded from the marketplace but it kept reporting an error and closing the app after sign-in. I think this may be because Zinio have recently released an update to the app causing compatability issues.

I then tried using the version of the app that was linked to earlier in this thread but got a message that it was out of date and I should install a later version instead....

I finally tried the app you linked to and am pleased to say that did the trick. It isn't 100% (the current issue of ESPN Magazine won't install but earlier issues work fine) but on the whole it does a decent enough job and I can always jump to the TP version if it's an improvement

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Back to original topic. Any news on the webOS app?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Back to original topic. Any news on the webOS app?
    I sent them a tweet over the weekend and they said it's waiting for approval from HP. No idea what's taking so friggin long. It's driving me nuts that one of the few high profile apps still willing to develop for a dying platform is being held up like this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried using the Zinio desktop reader with Splashtop Remote?
    C'mon HP! How long can it take to review an App? Load it on your test device; Make sure it works; Check for viruses and malicious code; release it! Couple of days at the most?! I think they are intent on killing this device and webOS permanently! Magazines are one of the "killer apps" for the tablet form factor. Netflix would be another. Sorry HP, but $3.99 from your movie store for 24 hrs is a bit much!
    The response I got from Zinio:

Thank you for your interest in Zinio!

We are always looking to expand our Digital Newsstand to more mobile device platforms. Thank you for your patience while we put the final touches into our HP Touchpad App. We expect the app to be launched in the upcoming weeks, so please stay tuned.
    I sure would love to see this APP come to light!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tp-man View Post
    I sure would love to see this APP come to light!
    While a webOS version will be great, I will point out that I'm using it just fine on my TouchPad under Android now.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SCWells72 View Post
    While a webOS version will be great, I will point out that I'm using it just fine on my TouchPad under Android now.
    How's the rez? It wasn't really clear when i tried it.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    How's the rez? It wasn't really clear when i tried it.
    Seems fine to me, but I don't have anything to which I can compare it. I don't have an iPad and there's no webOS version yet. I have heard that the iPad version is a little crisper, so it's possible that you wouldn't find it clear/sharp.
    so the latest eddition of pivot leaked and there was no mention of zinio in it so i guess that's that theory out the window
    doc31 likes this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have emailed them twice in the last couple of weeks, and have not gotten a response at all. Which doesn't seem to bode well either. I never had a Webos device before the TP and I really like it. I also have an original Motorola Droid (update in less than a month) and I would have gotten a Pre3 in a second! I seriously considered a Pre2, but they don't seem to be listing them on their site anymore. Might consider a windows7 phone (I'm not sure I can wait for win8) but will probably end up with another Android phone. If I can't get zinio on the Webos platform I will have to load Android onto the TP and that is a real shame.
    Hmm, I'm starting to wonder about this one. With 3.0.4 there are two nagging bugs (one of which I can live with, the issue with it no longer charging in my Targus case while on the touchstone the audio bug being the bigger) but the speed increase and bug fixes have made me really start enjoying the device. Zinio is really the only missing killer app for me, so I hope it still comes out even if it's greatly delayed.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I know this probably isn't the forum for this observation but...... It really is a catch22 for HP in that I (and probably many others) would probably never had used Webos if the Touch Pad firesale hadn't happened (or if I had not been able to get one). Now that I have treied it I really like it. For someone who never used a Webos cell phone things like cards seem to be a brillant revelation, and I even like the way you can, for instance, delete a favorite entry on the browser by swiping it and hitting the delete (or cancel) buttons that are "under" the entry. I have an original Motorola Droid, and by far Webos was much easier to learn than Andriod. I have just about a month left on my current upgrade eligibility on the droid and I would pretty much guarantee HP that I would get a Pre3 on Verizon if they made it available again. As far as Zinio, I can wait a month or two more, but being able to have my magazines downloaded onto the TP so I can read them without having to be connected to WiFi is very important to me. The decision to kill the TP and Webos probably made it more popular than they could have imagined.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I have android installed on my TP and have been using Zinio on it. The magazines look awesome. I just took a flight from Seattle to Sacramento and read my Popular Mechanics magazine and was able to read it w/ no problem. I really wish HP would get off their *** and approve this app for Webos. Android is geting better but webos IMO is not really that bad.
    Zinio posted a link for a beta usability group on twitter. Here is the link. ::crossing fingers:: Form
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks! I filled out the form. Hopefully we will get something in the next few days. At least it is some progress! Thanks again for posting it!
    I filled out the beta test thing and typed webOS for my preferred platform.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    anybody get anything on the usability group sign up yet?