Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blindeaff View Post
    Poll: Is this ever going to happen?
    Yes
    No
    well I like to be positive, but I do not think it will happen soon. Something is amiss. Why should pivot be so late. Signs that things are not ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    For those that have CM7 installed running dual boot and want Zinio follow the link and install the two files then reboot. xda-developers - View Single Post - Original .apk files here
    Click to view quoted image
    This worked! I installed Android mostly for Zinio and I was so disappointed when it didn't run at first... Thanks for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiyazaki View Post
    This worked! I installed Android mostly for Zinio and I was so disappointed when it didn't run at first... Thanks for this!
    Glad you got it working, took me several hours to actual find a method that worked!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    If zinio has it finished they might be able to release it outside the app catalog if the trouble is at HP side?
    What is very telling is that early on in this thread we had regular communication with a representative from Zinio. She has been quiet recently. Granted, it may be out of Zinio's control for now, but it would still be nice to see some type of communication.
    Brian
    By the time it comes out - they'll have to rename it ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZinio. . . . .
    shrxwin and Niben like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    If zinio has it finished they might be able to release it outside the app catalog if the trouble is at HP side?
    It's not that simple, as much as people would like to think it is. Sure, but then you have to consider that most people (the hundreds of thousands with Touchpads that don't follow P|C) wouldn't know about the app, and certainly wouldn't know how to install it.

And then getting grandpa who wants to use Zinio to read Road & Track now has to enter Developer Mode, install webOS Quick Install, etc... They're realistically just not going to do it (they want something that 'just works'), and that greatly reduces Zinio's return on investment in pumping out the webOS port.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Then we need a Zinio employee to leak it :P
    there have been updates on the zinio twitter saying it has been submitted, they've had meetings with HP about it (last one last week i think) and so it is still imminent i guess, but maybe held up by HP. can't imagine they have the staff power now to be pushing it through.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrrich View Post
    can't imagine they have the staff power now to be pushing it through.
    Yet they somehow find time to add other apps. It's just HP being HP, there is no explanation for anything they do.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    hope we will get zinio atleast now ...after the 3.0.4 update ...
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    if you noticed no new apps came out yesterday so I am like you all I hope it does come out. even though I have android installed I would mind using the webos zinio.
    I know we've been hearing this for ages, but on Zinios web page under help:

* NEW: Are you a WebOS user? Our app will be availalbe through HP's app store later this month!
    spud101 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka_Sey View Post
    I know we've been hearing this for ages, but on Zinios web page under help:

* NEW: Are you a WebOS user? Our app will be availalbe through HP's app store later this month!
    We talking real month or HP/Palm month?
    Wozza666 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    We talking real month or HP/Palm month?
    Assuming they submitted it to the application review process, I'd wager HP/Palm month.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Assuming they submitted it to the application review process, I'd wager HP/Palm month.
    and which month are we talking about here ... :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by dharani1234 View Post
    and which month are we talking about here ... :-P
    I'm sure it is the month of October.....The year is still in question.
    Brian
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure they've had that on their website since september.
    spud101 likes this.
    A new week and new hope for this app, although I shall not be holding my breath!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiyazaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    For those that have CM7 installed running dual boot and want Zinio follow the link and install the two files then reboot. xda-developers - View Single Post - Original .apk files here
    Click to view quoted image

I tried to be patient but finally caved and installed Android last night....the wait for Zinio was killing me!

I downloaded Zinio from the Android Market but (as expected) got an error message when running it. Could someone who is up and running tell me what to do and where to stick the 2 files linked to? I take it I still need the marketplace Zinio app and these files just patch it to run on TP?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast