Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Installed the CM7 (Android) Alpha build and immediately installed Zinio and its a no go. Apparently they just updated it though because a bunch of reviews are complaining the update killed the app. I shall now wait and see which is available sooner.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uh60james; 10/13/2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Installed the CM7 (Android) Alpha build and immediately installed Sinuous and its a no go. Apparently they just updated it though because a bunch of reviews are complaining the update killed the app. I shall now wait and see which is available sooner.

Wrong thread??
    I think Zinio was autocorrected to Sinuous
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    It was, and I fixed it. Oops!

For those that have CM7 installed running dual boot and want Zinio follow the link and install the two files then reboot. xda-developers - View Single Post - Original .apk files here
    dignitary likes this.
    There are still a smattering of webOS logos on various magazine listings. Of my three subscriptions, none are showing as compatible. Some of their competitor publications are though (e.g. Shutterbug is not, but Popular Photography is)

Hopefully the selection and compatibility grows to match the iOS and Android versions. Hard to imagine the format isn't universal across all platforms; that would be criminally inefficient of their design and architecture.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Yes, probably. I suspect that they cleared the webOS tags off when they realised that the app was going to take some time to appear (I subscribed to Uncut back on 2nd September, the tag was showing then), and the tags will all go back on when the app is released.

So I guess we won't know which magazines are available until it finally launches.
    Playboy is listed as "Note: Not available on iPad, iPhone, or Android devices."

I really hope it's available on WebOS. You know, for the articles.

It annoys me that Apple blocks it on Zinio for iOS, when any kid can get far more explicit **** right in Mobile Safari, for free. I was surprised to see that Android (Google?) blocks it too.

Is there a reason HP would reject this content, when they've basically dumped WebOS anyway?
    Playboy is listed as "Note: Not available on iPad, iPhone, or Android devices."

I really hope it's available on WebOS. You know, for the articles.

It annoys me that Apple blocks it on Zinio for iOS, when any kid can get far more explicit **** right in Mobile Safari, for free. I was surprised to see that Android (Google?) blocks it too.

Is there a reason HP would reject this content, when they've basically dumped WebOS anyway?
    It's not necessarily Apple/Google preventing it. It could be Zinio, or more likely it could be the publishers themselves. Playboy has never been available on any Zinio mobile platform, and perhaps no mobile platform in any manner. Take it up with Hef...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    A wee bit off topic, but I've just discovered that if you search on the Zinio website you get a thumbnail list of magazines with articles containing the search term. Quite a handy way to search through back issues of New Scientist, for example, or for album reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    It's not necessarily Apple/Google preventing it. It could be Zinio, or more likely it could be the publishers themselves. Playboy has never been available on any Zinio mobile platform, and perhaps no mobile platform in any manner. Take it up with Hef...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Somewhere on Zinio's site they state adult magazines aren't available due to restrictions set by the Android Market. I assume the same is true for other OS's.

Well,

After continual hoping about this app I am disappointed. Partly because of the "out end of the month" and "with in 48 hours" notifications, but mainly on lack of support for magazines I am interested in. In the photography section, mainly are listed as webos, except for the ons I am interested in. Bummer.
    I'm on the road now without my Touchpad, for two weeks... so whatever happens I'm not getting Zinio until November... sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    $%#@ Autocorrect!! LOL
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I just bit the bullet and installed android. I have a trip coming soon to NorCal and Alaska, so I am not flying w/ out zinio.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Which is funny because they have outright **** (at least by title, never downloaded any).

Somewhere on Zinio's site they state adult magazines aren't available due to restrictions set by the Android Market. I assume the same is true for other OS's.

For those that have CM7 installed running dual boot and want Zinio follow the link and install the two files then reboot. xda-developers - View Single Post - Original .apk files here
    Click to view quoted image
    hmm I did the android duel boot while we wait for Zinio this on webos but the pages are blurry. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    hmm I did the android duel boot while we wait for Zinio this on webos but the pages are blurry. Any suggestions?
    never mind just took awhile to down load. Sorry
    OK - How difficult is the Android install? I'm really a wuss - that I''ll be the 1 to fry my TP!
    Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    OK - How difficult is the Android install? I'm really a wuss - that I''ll be the 1 to fry my TP!
    actually very easy and I know what you mean, sweaty palms on the screen . for zinio need to do the files above works great
    Poll: Is this ever going to happen?
    Yes
    No