Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By cccaldwell
  • 2 Post By neville1355
  1.    #1  
    Here is a list of apps that would make me feel better about my TouchPad...

Google+
    Words with Friends
    Rhapsody
    Photobooth
    Dragon Dictation
    Netflix
    Pandora
    SoundHound

Here is a list of Patches that need to be made to clean up the experience of the Touchpad...

Pictures & Videos needs simple capabilities added for it to be fully functional in my opinion.
    The ability to delete albums, rearrange albums/photos/videos, label photos/videos, and more importantly, have the Touchpad recognize more video file types...some of my video files are not showing up in the Photos & Videos app and the ones that do have no thumbnail picture or label, I have to remember each video by it's minutes and seconds!

Browser
    The ability to upload photos/files from your TouchPad to a website (Facebook, Precentral, Google+, etc.). At the moment, when you press "choose file" when attempting to upload, the TouchPad basically ignores the fact that you touched the screen. I have to use another computer or device to upload anything which is very disheartening.

Messaging
    I would love to be able to use the Messaging app for my text messages thru my pre+

These are the Big Problems that really keep me from showing off my TouchPad and bragging to all my friends about it. So please, someone, anyone, choose one of these issues and work hard to make these apps and patches available so we can all brag heartily to all our friends!
    satchmo82 and sorli like this.
    Quite a few requests there. I think the only one you're likely to see any time soon is Google+, and that's only if it really takes off!

Pairing with your Pre+ should be possible with the OTA update.
    Words with Friends would be awesome!

Also, I have Pandora on my Pre- and it transferred over to the TouchPad, but is there a reason it won't play, or is it something simple that might be fixed with a webOS Internalz/JayCanuck patch?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Most of these apps can't be developed by independent developers (e.g. rhapsody, netflix, pandora).

If you want them made, you'll have to let the owning companies know about it.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    fxspec06 and stri8ed like this.
    Pandora is revamping their overall look so it will be more app like, navigate to the website and save the page to the launcher and vualla you have yourself a webapp.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Pandora is revamping their overall look so it will be more app like, navigate to the website and save the page to the launcher and vualla you have yourself a webapp.
    I keep trying to convince people it's the same thing, but for whatever reason if it doesn't exist as an app, then it just plain doesn't exist to people.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I ditched Rhapsody for Spotify - works on my pre2 and TP (and my pc, of course).

But I agree that the Photo and Video app needs a lot of help - first thing I notice when I was playing with it at BB before purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by greigb99 View Post

Pairing with your Pre+ should be possible with the OTA update.
    this will require an update to 2.x, so this won't be possible for phones that don't have 2.x
    Nice list and great suggestions. I would love many of those apps and better Google integration would be great. Yes many of your apps referenced can and may already be on the way, but only the developers can make this happen and thankfully the webOS community has passion and a quick pen to send emails, post on their blogs, and request that this happens.

Speaking of showing off their tablets, is there nothing about the TouchPad that excites you and may interest people you know? WebOS has so much that I could spend an hour showing dedicated Multitasking, data Synergy (contacts, calendar, etc), Facebook (images, commenting, and a beautiful interface that no one else has), and simple things like being to listen to an audiobook while reading the original in Amazon Kindle. I almost forgot the FREE FOR LIFE Box.net 50gb of online storage and new BHome app that provides uPNP and DLNA NAS server media player access that gives me direct access to my movies and music on my LAN and from anywhere using Dynamic DNS (takes work and knowledge to setup, but once it is done it is fantastic).

WebOS is getting better and better every day, and if I need something specific I email the developer, start a writing campaign, and whatever I can to make it known!

Perfect example is SplashTop Remote Desktop Client recently announced coming back to webOS and the TouchPad on Precentral and webOSRoundup.com. I've personally purchased SplashTop mobile for webOS 2.1 app, emailed the developer and got responses, and motivated others on P|C forums to email, vote, and give a huge thumbs up for the need of this app and why they should make it work on the TouchPad. Don't know if any of this worked, but either way SplashTop for the TouchPad is finally ON THE WAY....Fantastic and big thumbs up developer and community! Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by cccaldwell View Post
    Here is a list of apps that would make me feel better about my TouchPad...

Google+
    Words with Friends
    Rhapsody
    Photobooth
    Dragon Dictation
    Netflix
    Pandora
    SoundHound

Here is a list of Patches that need to be made to clean up the experience of the Touchpad...

Pictures & Videos needs simple capabilities added for it to be fully functional in my opinion.
    The ability to delete albums, rearrange albums/photos/videos, label photos/videos, and more importantly, have the Touchpad recognize more video file types...some of my video files are not showing up in the Photos & Videos app and the ones that do have no thumbnail picture or label, I have to remember each video by it's minutes and seconds!

Browser
    The ability to upload photos/files from your TouchPad to a website (Facebook, Precentral, Google+, etc.). At the moment, when you press "choose file" when attempting to upload, the TouchPad basically ignores the fact that you touched the screen. I have to use another computer or device to upload anything which is very disheartening.

Messaging
    I would love to be able to use the Messaging app for my text messages thru my pre+

These are the Big Problems that really keep me from showing off my TouchPad and bragging to all my friends about it. So please, someone, anyone, choose one of these issues and work hard to make these apps and patches available so we can all brag heartily to all our friends!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Pandora/Rhapsody work fine in browser.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Did anyone get an answer on uploading photos to web sites from the TP? Its the only issue that keeps making me wish I had bought an Android tablet. I use Internalz and its great to be able to rename ect but I still click in the Browse button and nothing happens. Can't upload and its so frustrating to have to switch to my phone to this one action.