Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Mmm, so I'm doing something wrong. How do I go about? Install Xterm, Xserver, Xecutah? And somehow run them all?

And does the shift key work? I guess it doesn't given this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3053326
    has anyone figured out how to copy and paste into xterm? I'm wanting to wget some podcasts and I don't want to type out the long url.

I should also say that I'm using xterm on the touchpad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    xterm works?!?! Test feeds here I come...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    keyboard mappings aren't quite fully baked for xterm and the onscreen keyboard, but I'm told it's being worked on and'll be fixed in an update. -M
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Bummer...only works in portrait with a tiny (for my old eyes) font and the keyboard gets in the way.

BUT! ssh works however kludged and that's a bit plus. I just need to chroot a linux...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    keyboard mappings aren't quite fully baked for xterm and the onscreen keyboard, but I'm told it's being worked on and'll be fixed in an update. -M
    Yeah, vi is un-useable.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Can someone point me to a tutorial how to install and get this running (simply installing xterm doesn't work, it starts a mojo emulator).

The only thing I need it for is to check I can indeed mount network shares.
    The mojo emulator tells you what you need.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Is anyone working on a terminal app for the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You *should* have the dev ROM, but it works without it.
    Install the testing repositories, then install Xserve, Xterm and Xecutah. After that you simply run Xecutah and then xterm.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Except for the fact that there are no modifier keys, which essentially makes the terminal useless.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12