1.    #1  
    I'm trying to find the highlights/notes file for the Kindle app. When I plug my TouchPad into my PC I don't see anything that looks like that, either in the .palmkindle folder or in the root folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by mchristie; 07/23/2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: update Notification Type
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Don't those get synced to Amazon's cloud so its shared across kindles?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Yes, I believe that is the case. Have you tried looking in your Kindle profile on Amazon.com?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Yes, I believe that is the case. Have you tried looking in your Kindle profile on Amazon.com?
    Yes. I've looked everywhere under Manage My Kindle on amazon.com to no avail. The physical Kindle has a file called MyClipings.text that stores the data. Apparently not so on the TouchPad. Perhaps by the time it gets out of beta it will have the same share on Facebook feature my 2nd Gen Kindle device has.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Supposedly. But I can't find where to find my clippings in the same way that that my 2nd gen Kindle device stores them locally to MyClippings.txt
    I would really love to find this file, too. A book I'm reading (a long, long book) that I've highlighted a lot of isn't syncing with the Amazon cloud because the publisher doesn't want people to have copies of the highlights from a book they've paid good money for . . . and this is frustrating! Could they be encrypting this file on the TP, or have just named it weirdly?
  7.    #7  
    As best as I can figure out it only exists on physical Kindles, not on other devices that support Kindle apps.
    The notes/highlight from a none-amazon-kindle are sync with your kindle file myclipping.txt . The only way to access to them is thru this file on your kindle once sync.