Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    My co-worke's wife works at HP. He brought in his wife’s touchpad. He let me play with it for a bit. It was running WebOS version 3.0.2. I noticed you can edit, create, and delete files with quick office. This was something I was really concerned about seeing I absolutely needs this feature.
  2. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #2  
    sounds good to me! Thats a feature I could use!!
  3. #3  
    Good. Now bring it to the phones too.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    willrich354 likes this.
  4. #4  
    How did the rest of the TouchPad feel?
    (Saying this as I reboot because I get only a black box when I call up bluetooth or wifi preferences.)
  5. #5  
    Did the device feel any faster with the OS update?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    My co-worke's wife works at HP. He brought in his wife’s touchpad. He let me play with it for a bit. It was running WebOS version 3.0.2. I noticed you can edit, create, and delete files with quick office. This was something I was really concerned about seeing I absolutely needs this feature.

    Oh come on. You can't come in here and make a comment like that and not give us more details

    How's that 3.0.2? Faster? Hows the orientation sensitivity (or lack, rather)? UI I'm assuming is not yet running on the GPU? Any different behavior with the built in apps? Come on man!!
  7. #7  
    I think quickoffice edit has more to do with the version of quickoffice, and less to do with the release of webos 3.0.2. She may just be playing with a device that has both the new OS, and the new app.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    TreoAide likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    Did the device feel any faster with the OS update?
    To be honest it felt great! There was a slight lag on a few apps that open but it felt very clean. Some apps when I click on them just spun. I had to swip them up and then open it again. Other than that I love WebOS and the whole experience for a mobile platform is so much more superior.

    I was able to sync many of my synergy accounts with no problems. The only thing that did not work properly was google contacts but that's about all that didn't work.
  9. #9  
    do you have your own touchpad? cause just wondering if you are basing your comments compared to your own touchpad. if you do, i was kinda expecting... 'wow dude, it is soo much faster than mine and load up is like twice as fast and it's so narly and cant wait to update mine." something like that

    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    To be honest it felt great! There was a slight lag on a few apps that open but it felt very clean. Some apps when I click on them just spun. I had to swip them up and then open it again. Other than that I love WebOS and the whole experience for a mobile platform is so much more superior.

    I was able to sync many of my synergy accounts with no problems. The only thing that did not work properly was google contacts but that's about all that didn't work.
  10. #10  
    3.0.2 interesting...not available for everyone. Sorli...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think quickoffice edit has more to do with the version of quickoffice, and less to do with the release of webos 3.0.2. She may just be playing with a device that has both the new OS, and the new app.
    I think your right... quickoffice version is 2.1.1697
    TreoAide likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think quickoffice edit has more to do with the version of quickoffice, and less to do with the release of webos 3.0.2. She may just be playing with a device that has both the new OS, and the new app.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    do you have your own touchpad? cause just wondering if you are basing your comments compared to your own touchpad. if you do, i was kinda expecting... 'wow dude, it is soo much faster than mine and load up is like twice as fast and it's so narly and cant wait to update mine." something like that
    No I don't have one... I've played with one at best buy. My friends wife ordered me a touchpad at a discounted price and I get it Monday. I wouldn't say it's that much faster but it does feel much cleaner than 3.0.0
  13. #13  
    Cleaner? In what way?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Cleaner? In what way?
    When I played with the touchpad at ebay some apps seemed to be a bit laggy. I noticed that only a few apps were laggy. Performance seemed to be a tad bit better too. One thing I forgot to mention is that flash was very buggy.
  15. #15  
    wow quickoffice would be awesome!! I just got my keyboard, case and touchstone, amazon prime = discount and free shipping and no tax. Quickoffice would be the best thing!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is that flash was very buggy.
    I hope the update did not interfere with Flash. The Touchpad has one of the most stable versions of Flash I've seen, PC or mobile. It's got some glitches but it doesn't take down the browser or half the desktop/home screen like it does on other devices. I really don't want to lose that stability. I'm on Flash sites a lot.

    It's great to hear that document editing is finally coming. I need that feature more than anything else!
  17. #17  
    ok please let me know if you can insert a picture in a document with Quickoffice and add an arrow or line on it as this is vital for me ! if this simple thing cannot be accomplished then I'm far better off with a netbook over any tablet really
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    ok please let me know if you can insert a picture in a document with Quickoffice and add an arrow or line on it as this is vital for me ! if this simple thing cannot be accomplished then I'm far better off with a netbook over any tablet really
    Sorry, I gave the TP back otherwise I would have tested it out for you. I only had it for 3 hours.

    It was basic doc editing nothing major.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    ok please let me know if you can insert a picture in a document with Quickoffice and add an arrow or line on it as this is vital for me ! if this simple thing cannot be accomplished then I'm far better off with a netbook over any tablet really
    I was able to insert one of the wallpaper pictures into LibreOffice Writer program on the TouchPad this morning and draw some lines to it with my finger. Screenshot attached with drawing toolbar shown. LibreOffice docs can be saved in Microsoft Word format. I've never used Writer before and I haven't inserted pictures or drawn lines in documents for a long time but it was pretty easy to figure it out.

    I used Jason's InternalzPro file manager to transfer the wallpaper pic from the wallpaper folder on the TouchPad into the LibreOffice folder.

    I used my finger as a "mouse" to access the menus and draw the lines. Any text will need to be inserted via a bluetooth keyboard. webOS-Internals is working on mapping the keyboard to get more complete functionality.

    Instructions for installing Ubuntu and LibreOffice can be found on webOS-Internals wiki (link below). You will have to meta doctor (or ask a computer tech familiar with Linux to set this up for you). It is tedious and takes several hours but instructions are clear.

    I reached out to QuickOffice a week ago and customer service emailed they were not able to give me a date for when editing would be available so I was glad to find this alternate route and feel relieved too.

    UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kayphoonstar likes this.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think quickoffice edit has more to do with the version of quickoffice, and less to do with the release of webos 3.0.2. She may just be playing with a device that has both the new OS, and the new app.
    i wouldnt be surprised if the new app depends on the newer OS version. if thats the case the app update would likely be a part of the OTA update.
    cjf243 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions