Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    @ bluenote

thanks so much for that info! so seeing as the last palm device I used was my Treo680 I'm gonna need a newbie 'how to' to get Ubuntu & Libre Office running with no problems on my future Pre3 & TP :-)
    why would you not quickly extract the folder from the TP, create a IPK from it and use it on your own TP. This HP employee obviously doesn't think highly of their job or life being under EAP agreement, so why not take it to the next level.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    @ bluenote

thanks so much for that info! so seeing as the last palm device I used was my Treo680 I'm gonna need a newbie 'how to' to get Ubuntu & Libre Office running with no problems on my future Pre3 & TP :-)
    There's some new info on the webOS-internals wiki that includes links to the how-to to doctor your phone to get the partition and also new some instructions on how go the "image file" route.

I'm putting together some additional info for a post on how to install some stuff once you get Ubuntu Chroot working.
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 07/25/2011 at 01:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quickoffice website has an area to sign up for notifications when it the upgrade is ready for webOS.
    Quickoffice Quickoffice for webOS
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    I do not think this is an accurate thread. How is it still active?
    Hopefully Picsel comes through with their document editor. It looks good in the YouTube video I saw previewing it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12