Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mc_gusto
  • 1 Post By GodShapedHole
  1.    #1  
    HP Communities - Real Steel's Exclusive TouchPad Game Experience - HP Communities

Don't know about you, but I'm dying to play a futuristic version of Rock ‘em Sock ‘em robots meets Punch-Out. Turns out all you'll need is a TouchPad and a nearby computer set to the World Robot Boxing League page. For the upcoming film, Real Steel, an exclusive promotional app is on the way that lets you use the TouchPad to control the on-screen action of a cybernetic slap-fight happening on your PC.

Let me try and break this down for you. Remember that classic Nintendo game, "Punch-Out," that has you ducking and weaving to take down guys like Bald Bull and Piston Hurricane? 42 Entertainment President, Justin Pertschuk, says that's the vibe that they were going for when they designed this single-player game based on the upcoming robotic boxing movie.

The Unity Engine powering this lets you play a pretty solid experience inside your Web browser, but here's where it gets cool: You're picking the punches, ducking and dodging with the TouchPad to play the game happening on your PC. As you're doing the fighting, the tablet's display also gives you instant feedback on how the fight’s going, tracking fight stats....

You know, let's skip the tale of the tape and get to it!

Look for the button that says "Connect to your TouchPad" on the site and through the local WiFi connection, you're in business. The TouchPad becomes the controller. Here's how the screen of your tablet looks:
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    This is fascinating because somebody is doing something for the touchpad, and no other tablet.
    Usually people do things for Apple and no-one else.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    k4ever likes this.
    Cool, gonna have to try this out on the HTPC hooked up to the big screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    tought also something like using touchpad as interface for a mmorpg. The only thing i am playing is star trek online and I would like to have a lcars interface for control and interact in this game on my touchpad

This is definitly a right direction. A giant Nintendo DS.
  5.    #5  
    The video makes it look kinda wonky