1.    #1  
    To Start promoting my new "Touchstone" app for the Pre(1-3) and veer. I am giving away 25 copies. This is for my new app called "Time Weather Stock"

Here is the description of the app:

Time Weather Stock, uses exhibition mode to display the current time, Stock Quote (of your Choice), and the current weather conditions based on your phones GPS location. When using your Touchstone Charger (Exhibition Mode) you view this information so you can watch your favorite company’s stock price. While stuck inside working you can easily see how nice it is outside. Stock information is provided by Yahoo and is delayed by 20 minutes. The Stock price will update every 2 minutes. Weather information is provided by Weather Bug, and is updated every 15 minutes.

I encourage and ask you to leave a comment on the app. If you do not like the app much or have an issue with it, leave the review but also contact me at support@ossoftwaregroup.com I will do my best to make it right. I want you to have a good experience my help and the app.

The Promo codes are good starting on July 22nd 2011 and will end on 8/11/2011. They are only available in the US right now. There are only 25 of them so hurry up. If I get a lot of interest I will add another 25.

49245fe8-6812-4545-a931-b314043895d4
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...1-b314043895d4

This promo code is no longer available.

UK Promo Code:
    Available 7-23-2011 thru 8/12/2011 25 total promo codes.
    0ba0e363-2e5c-4875-aa2a-f6af0cc81490
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...a-f6af0cc81490
    Please review the app and be honest about it, and contact me with any issues at all. I am here to help.
    Last edited by ohallord; 08/12/2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Is this supposed to be available on a Pre 2 with stock webOS 2.0.1? The App Catalog doesn't list the app & if I use the provided link, it says not available for your OS.
  3.    #3  
    My mistake. I forgot not everyone with a pre 2 is up to 2.1. I am doing a meta update to fix this. I will let you know when it gets fixed.
  4.    #4  
    Okay I submitted a meta data update for the app. I hope it does not take a week to get pushed through like it did to get published.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Is this supposed to be available on a Pre 2 with stock webOS 2.0.1? The App Catalog doesn't list the app & if I use the provided link, it says not available for your OS.
    Just to be clear, Exhibition mode is only available on 2.1 and higher devices.
    Shame the app is available in the UK but the promo code is US only.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Shame the app is available in the UK but the promo code is US only.

I will set one up in the UK

It won't be available till tomorrow though.
  8. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I don't see it in catalogue what category?
  9.    #9  
    Make sure you have Webos 2.1
    It is under Weather. (By Location)

I could not put it in more than one main category.
    I have webOS 2.1.0 on my Pre+, but I cannot find the app listed in the 'app catalog'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11.    #11  
    Try this link
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...roup.mydisplay

I will search for it using Just Type with "Time Weather Stock" That usually bring it up to the top of the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Try this link
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...roup.mydisplay

I will search for it using Just Type with "Time Weather Stock" That usually bring it up to the top of the list.
    That is exactly what I have been searching via Just Type - 'App Catalog', but the app I get listed on the top is "World Weather Watch: Time & Weather". Unfortunately I cannot use the link you sent me because I am not in the uS right now and thus not using a US number. Apparently the only countries one can use the link to send the app to, are Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Question is why can't I see the app when I have webOS 2.1.0 and also have access to the US 'App catalog'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13.    #13  
    That is odd.... I am am not sure. I thought they got rid of the GEO restrictions. But that might be part of it.
  14.    #14  
    I submitted a new version today. Not sure when it will come out though. It might take a couple of days to go through the review process.

Version 1.0.1
    Updated
    * Changed Temp font to white instead of black based on reviews.
    * Changed the stock refresh from every 2 minutes to every 10 seconds.
    Bug Fix
    * Fixed issue with stock price displaying erroneous values.

Please leave comments and feed back. I really need this to help improve the app.
    Hi -

I have been using it as my main exhibition skin for the last week or so, and it is a great app. Here are some quick suggestions:

Have options to:
    - Show temperature in Celsius?
    - Have rolling display for a range of stocks rather than just one stock?
    - Show percentage figures next to the up or down arrow for stock gains or losses?
    - Choice of background and font colors?
    - Show time in 24h format?
    - Show rolling display of latest news headlines - perhaps via use selectable rss feeds? I guess the clock and weather displays need to get a bit smaller to leave room for news, so has to be a user option only, but who know, maybe in the Pre3 we can have bigger fonts too!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Hi -

I have been using it as my main exhibition skin for the last week or so, and it is a great app. Here are some quick suggestions:

Have options to:
    - Show temperature in Celsius?
    - Have rolling display for a range of stocks rather than just one stock?
    - Show percentage figures next to the up or down arrow for stock gains or losses?
    - Choice of background and font colors?
    - Show time in 24h format?
    - Show rolling display of latest news headlines - perhaps via use selectable rss feeds? I guess the clock and weather displays need to get a bit smaller to leave room for news, so has to be a user option only, but who know, maybe in the Pre3 we can have bigger fonts too!
    The Celsius is a big thing I forgot to add and will be doing it on my next update.

The touch Pad version I am working on will have a choice of multiple stocks. I will play around with the scrolling stock ones on the phone.

I have been having issues with the touching of the screen. I have code in there to switch to tomorrows forecast but it does not work. I am not sure why. And it really is annoying... Once I get that working I will be really happy then I can do a whole bunch of things like back ground changes and the like.

The Time I can put as a user selectable option for what format they want.

The RSS thing I will think about. I am not wanting to make it so busy..

Thanks for the Feed back.
  17.    #17  
    I have just submitted an update last night to the app. I did forget to add the Celsius check on it. I will make that change tonight and then add the Time format change.

Once I submitted the app I realized I forgot the Celsius switch.

New in this Version :

Version 1.1.1
    * Screen Tap function works.
    ** You can now tap the screen to get the forecast for the next 5 days.
    ** You can also have more than 1 stock quote to scroll through.
    ** You can add up to 5 stock Symbols to watch.
    * Preferences screen allows you to add more than one stock symbol. (Make sure to use a comma between each stock symbol.
    * Background color changed to a darker blue, this makes for much better readability.
    * Several bug fixes.