Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just updated Kindle on my Touchpad (US) a few minutes ago. Use this space to discuss any bug fixes (what they most likely are) and/or feature adds for Kindle. Me myself I haven't found anything yet but will be updating if I do.
    (if this is a second update then I haven't seen it yet, but based on the initial release...)
    x It has no dictionary support.
    x When searching, the search results pane doesn't persist - when you pick a search result you can't display the results again and pick other hits. You have to re-run the search all over again which is particularly annoying when you want to go to the next result when the result you were looking at was already well down in the results.
    x There is no way to view in landscape mode in anything other than 2 page mode - you should be able to view in single page mode in landscape so books with wider content (source code in technical books) is readable.
  3.    #3  
    Yea it's an update I just got today so a second one in fact. Yea search is annoying for me when trying to skip to a particular passage. I'm an activist and sociologist so most of my books are current political events and/or political philosophy so usually a particular line of a book is important to be able to show to someone and without that kind of search the utility of the app comes down a bit for me. But if they already put out a small update a few days after the official launch of the app I have hope they will handle the issues you and others state.
    new version is 0.10.494660

Edit: nice! Added auto-pilot to my Suburban!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by willrich354 View Post
    Yea it's an update I just got today so a second one in fact.
    What is the version of yours?

Mine is 0.10.491561 and I have not gotten the second update.
    This was my complaint about the original beta:
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Unless I'm doing something wrong, apparently notifications don't work while reading a book. I noticed today that the WebOS top bar is gone while the app is active. I read several pages, minimized, and found I'd received three emails and a Skype message.

I seriously hope that either I'm doing something wrong, or that HP will fix this for the final release!
    It's fixed!! (see what happens when you only complain every now and then, I'm sure they fixed this just for me).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    No, when you're *reading* a book. The top menu bar where notifications,etc. are displayed was completely hidden. [maybe it isn't now but the screen shot is from the library screen]
    So I just installed the update. Have to admit, I have not used the app too much yet since I got it, just haven't had the time for books.

I think that maybe collections is working now (I don't remember them working before, but its fuzzy). Also, the page rotates now from landcape to portrait. Can't remember if that worked before or not.
    Still no page animations for those that care (I don't other than I don't like being the only one without it). Interestingly, and I don't remember this either... in settings there is a setting for "basic reading" to turn page-turning and animations on and off. Doesn't seem to work yet though...

Notifications work - if you are in the library then its normal, if you are in a book all you get is the audible alert, as the page stays full screen. I like this actually.
    Page animations have been there from the start. Turn them on in preferences... see them... then turn then back off. They're stupid. They worked fine for me - unless you're expecting them to drag with your finger. They just show an animation when you tap to change pages.
    Mine would not update with the 'Software Manager' but I could update it with the HP App Catalog. Now I have version 0.10.494660.
    is performance still abysmal or is that just me?
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    the performance seems alot smoother for me. responds faster to page changes ect.
    dictionary please, amazon.
    Updated. Now can't figure out how to get past the boy reading under a tree screen.

Is there a secret to getting inside? I was in it yesterday. I selected "all" and "downloaded" and nothing changes
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    OK, have a laugh ay my expense, but how to escape a book and get back to the library? I'm stumped...
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    OK, have a laugh ay my expense, but how to escape a book and get back to the library? I'm stumped...
    Tap at the bottom center of the screen.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    is performance still abysmal or is that just me?
    I must be one of the lucky ones. I've yet to see anything abysmal on the tp. The Kindle app certainly isn't... just finished my first on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Ok, sent email to amazon. App says I'm not connected to the internet, but sent them an email and can surf the web from TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Tap on center of book pages, then tap the books icon located in the top left corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Ok, sent email to amazon. App says I'm not connected to the internet, but sent them an email and can surf the web from TP.
    !!! I've had this same issue from day one - never been able to sign in to use this app :-(

Is this a new issue for you for the update, or has it been like that? Please let me know if they come up with a resolution for you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast