Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Still missing Vook (video book) support. They still dont work and play on my TouchPad. Hopefully this and other standard features for Kindle are on the way? Sorli...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    My kindle app has the oxford dictionary installed as a book.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by skadaddle View Post
    No, when you're *reading* a book. The top menu bar where notifications,etc. are displayed was completely hidden. [maybe it isn't now but the screen shot is from the library screen]
    Yep, just now noticed that and commented to my wife. Still not sure they don't work, i notice that when uoumopen a book, the alert bar sort of a"slides away".
    I'm having all sorts of issues. Book opens back up at right numerical location, but the page has different words. Now in portrait mode, I just get a grey screen...
    I've never owned a kindle book, but downloaded some free ones at amazon.com, my touchpad app sync'd the multiple free books I downloaded, but every book has multiple covers like it sync'd each book multiple times. One book shows up 16 times. Odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I've never owned a kindle book, but downloaded some free ones at amazon.com, my touchpad app sync'd the multiple free books I downloaded, but every book has multiple covers like it sync'd each book multiple times. One book shows up 16 times. Odd.
    Delete the kindle app and re-install it. That should sort out the issue.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Delete the kindle app and re-install it. That should sort out the issue.
    Actually all I needed to do was de-register and sign back in.
    yay-was reading and calendar notification popped up! Now if only the dictionary worked...
    Anyone know if the Kindle app will support MOBI natively? I'm a Kindle newb but I'd love if I could use one application to service both file types.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    pReader can open .mobi files just fine. The dev just updated it to work in full screen in TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Are you guys having problems with the Kindle app not allowing you to download all of your books? Some of my books will not download at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarberian View Post
    Anyone know if the Kindle app will support MOBI natively? I'm a Kindle newb but I'd love if I could use one application to service both file types.
    all versions of kindle app I have ever used supports mobi, but this version for the touchpad. Hope they fix this soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrazer View Post
    pReader can open .mobi files just fine. The dev just updated it to work in full screen in TouchPad.
    where do you put the mobi files on touchpad? I don't have pReader installed yet. Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Tap at the bottom center of the screen.
    Thank you so much! I was completely mystified by the lack of a menu.

Overall, it's a nice app, now that I'm past this one stumbling block. One thing I've noticed is that it's missing some of the content on my Kindle. My guess that's not a big deal, since I still prefer a dedicated reader with e-ink, but it is peculiar.
    it is probably a silly question, but is there a way to use the adobe digital editions ebooks I got from my public library to work on the kindle app? Preader can't open those because the DRM is unknown, was hoping maybe kindle might be able to handle them... Otherwise I'll have to continue to use my nook for those files. <pout>
    Quote Originally Posted by aegora View Post
    it is probably a silly question, but is there a way to use the adobe digital editions ebooks I got from my public library to work on the kindle app? Preader can't open those because the DRM is unknown, was hoping maybe kindle might be able to handle them... Otherwise I'll have to continue to use my nook for those files. <pout>
    Digital Editions usually means Adobe's DRM around a epub file, though I believe maybe it can be a PDF file with the same DRM. Google adept epub to learn how to remove that DRM and they should work on pReader.
    What version is the Kindle app currently at? Mine is 10.494660
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obraxis View Post
    What version is the Kindle app currently at? Mine is 10.494660
    latest should be v0.11.499820
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aegora View Post
    Kindle doesn't support epubs from public library on any platform. Sony readers and Nook do. I believe the preader dev is working on providing this function.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    it doesn't look like Amazon intends to update this program. The Idea that they would buy webOS when they won't update this is bonkers.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast