1.    #1  
    Hi alll,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Spotify: Is it worth all of the fuss?
    By Rachel King | July 21, 2011, 4:30am PDT

Spotify: Is it worth all of the fuss? | ZDNet

Spotify, that digital music streaming service that has been all the rage in Europe, finally opened to U.S. customers this month. But is it everything we could have possibly wanted? The answer: yes and no.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi alll,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

Spotify: Is it worth all of the fuss?
    By Rachel King | July 21, 2011, 4:30am PDT

Spotify: Is it worth all of the fuss? | ZDNet

Spotify, that digital music streaming service that has been all the rage in Europe, finally opened to U.S. customers this month. But is it everything we could have possibly wanted? The answer: yes and no.
    I've had Rhapsody on my iPhone 4(i know, i know. will be springing for a Pre 3 if its on Verizon) for over a year now. Ive yet to be unable to find a song and am very happy with the service. I never understood all the hype about Spotify. It does nothing that Rhapsody or other services don't.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    It works on my Pre2, and syncs easily with my own collection. So far those are the only adavantages it has over the Napster plan I had.
    threed61, you pay the $10 a month or whatever it is?
    i've had Rhapsody-oh, I don't know-forever, and on Verizon the only way I could get anything streaming was to pay an extra 10 bucks a month - on top of the 13 bucks to Rhapsody. Now, finally, I can stream on my Pre, the TP, and at home using the same playlists. For 10 bucks a month. I love Spotify! I also like the search implementation better than Rhapsody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    threed61, you pay the $10 a month or whatever it is?
    Yep. Same as I was paying Napster for streaming on an Android phone.
    I got a 19 song playlist from a friend yesterday and looked up the songs on Spotify and also Grooveshark. Spotify was able to find all the songs but 2 songs; Grooveshark all but 3 songs.

I wanted to play it on my TouchPad with beats audio so I am listening with Grooveshark. It is free and available on the TouchPad as well as the PC so I could access it anywhere without any time limits per month; there are no ads to interrupt so it is winning over Spotify for me right now although I'm fine to listen to Spotify with the ad version for as long as they let us.
    I think the hype over Spotify was: 1) it's European, 2) it wasn't available to us (forbidden fruit), and 3) it's still invite only. Also, it's an all in one: iTunes+every other streaming service. You can have iTunes+Grooveshark, for example, for free (without mobile apps) without limitations, but if you want all-in-one, you can go Spotify but if you stay free you have limitations (such as not available on Touchpad).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums