Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Anyway to switch audio tracks? I transferred a Japanese anime movie the other day and when I got ready to watch it, it would only play in german. On my PC with VLC I can switch it to Japanese, and switch subtitles too.
    aeharding likes this.
    I bought this yesterday and I tried out a 576p MKV Blu-ray rip at lunch time and it ran flawlessly...

Then this evening I set minimal logging levels using ##LOGS# (##5647#) and now video is stuttering and audio is getting out of sync. Is this something to do with the change I made to the logging levels or is it unrelated?

I was really hoping this thing could handle 576p videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwyatt View Post
    Like many very new to TP. I've heard some folks talking about a trial version of KalemSoft Media Player for TouchPad that is free and available from the website. I went to their website and downloaded KalemSoft Media Player v0.3.3 for TouchPad onto my TP when I attempted to open the file I got a message Cannot open MIME type. There are no install instructions on the website either. I attempted to download the file to my PC but could do nothing with it there either. Can someone help me out here? thanks
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/docs/wqi.txt

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by zenintrude View Post
    I bought this yesterday and I tried out a 576p MKV Blu-ray rip at lunch time and it ran flawlessly...

Then this evening I set minimal logging levels using ##LOGS# (##5647#) and now video is stuttering and audio is getting out of sync. Is this something to do with the change I made to the logging levels or is it unrelated?

I was really hoping this thing could handle 576p videos.
    Are you running this on a Pre? Logging will eat up CPU cycles for sure.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I just installed the latest beta version (v0.3.6) and I've been having some playback issues. It's a little hard to explain, so bare with me :P I should mention that the audio and video sync up perfectly, so that's not the problem. The problem is that the video is very blurry and pixel-y. With the resolution being 624x352, you can make the argument that the resolution is the problem, but it's not because my iPad can play this video perfectly fine (not blurry/pixel-y).

I took the liberty to take a screenshot of the video's codec information:

Hope my screenshot helps in identifying the problem :3

PS: I have the player installed as a trial, if that changes anything.
    PPS: How long does the trial last?
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Running on a Touchpad...

The irony is that I went from the stock logging to minimal logging and now video is running worse.
    Running on a Touchpad...

The irony is that I went from the stock logging to minimal logging and now video is running worse.
    Probably you tried restarting your TouchPad already? All we can say, the video playback performance will not drop suddenly without a change in the system. Are you running any custom kernel?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Probably you tried restarting your TouchPad already? All we can say, the video playback performance will not drop suddenly without a change in the system. Are you running any custom kernel?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Nope, literally the only thing I did was turn down the logging... I did try restarting, but I can try again I suppose.
    Nope, literally the only thing I did was turn down the logging... I did try restarting, but I can try again I suppose.
    You can also try the latest beta version which has improved performance:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k..._0.3.6_all.ipk

If you purchased it through the app catalog, you can still try the beta for a week (hopefully, by the time it expires the update will be available on the app catalog anyway). If you purchased it from us directly, you can activate it like before.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Oh great! The new 0.3.6 version seems to have perfect audio and video playback! At least for me. And of course volume control is no problem with the TouchPad's own volume control.

If srt and ssa/*** subtitle support is added, this will be just the app I need for media playback on TouchPad! Just fantastic!

*edit Seems like they censor acronym for Advanced Sub Station (Alpha) subtitle file format here. lol
    Last edited by dong1225; 08/23/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    jhoff80 likes this.
    Volume for the new build is lower than before and there's no longer the ability to raise the volume in the app while a video is playing... is this a bug or just something left out of the beta?
    Was able to install and bring up application. One more question please. The .avi files are widescreen or letterbox and when played on the TP are distorted to fit into the TP screen. Is there a way to adjust this so that they display correctly. Thanks so much.
    I found the aspect ratio buttin, thanks again. :^)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quick question, will you be including embedded or file supported subtitles, any time soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
    Quick question, will you be including embedded or file supported subtitles, any time soon?
    Was recently answered:

We are still working on [subtitle support]. It was moved up in the priority list though. It will be the next feature update after the bug fixes.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hey, got my TouchPad today (just like everyone else!) and am trying out your media player. Excellent stuff, handles files a lot better than the internal player. One bug and one tiny feature request, though:

1) A lot of my content was encoded anamorphically, using Handbrake, with iPhone & Apple TV in mind. It seems neither the default player or the Kalemsoft Media Player notice that the content is anamorphic, and the video is very distorted and not scaled to its proper dimensions. Before I go and re-encode EVERYTHING, would you plan on fixing this in a newer version?

2) The "local files" browser starts in the bottom of the user folder, /media/internal/. It'd be nice if I could set a default folder, e.g. /media/internal/Videos/ so I don't have to go through everything in the home directory.

Thanks very much, looks like pretty great stuff. Would you profit more if I bought it from you direct or through the store? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cyklo View Post

1) A lot of my content was encoded anamorphically, using Handbrake, with iPhone & Apple TV in mind. It seems neither the default player or the Kalemsoft Media Player notice that the content is anamorphic, and the video is very distorted and not scaled to its proper dimensions. Before I go and re-encode EVERYTHING, would you plan on fixing this in a newer version?
    Doesn't aspect ratio button help?
    Doesn't aspect ratio button help?
    Afraid it does not. I'm running 0.3.6, and the aspect ratio button seems to behave more like a "fit to screen button" - toggling it does nothing to change the aspect ratio. It simply seems to change between "fill screen, with cropping" and "fit to screen, with black bars".

Here's a video of it: Aspect ratio scaling on 0.3.6 - YouTube

The metadata for the video is below:

Code:
    Video

ID                               : 1

Format                           : AVC

Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile                   : High@L3.1

Format settings, CABAC           : Yes

Format settings, ReFrames        : 4 frames

Codec ID                         : avc1

Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding

Duration                         : 23mn 15s

Duration_LastFrame               : -7ms

Bit rate mode                    : Variable

Bit rate                         : 2 070 Kbps

Width                            : 720 pixels

Height                           : 592 pixels

Display aspect ratio             : 16:9

Frame rate mode                  : Constant

Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps

Color space                      : YUV

Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0

Bit depth                        : 8 bits

Scan type                        : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.194

Stream size                      : 344 MiB (93%)

Writing library                  : x264 core 112

Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=29 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Last edited by cyklo; 08/23/2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: nicely formatting code
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    What is the best format if you are going to convert a file? I have a 720p file that plays all garbled up. Was thinking of converting it but want to make sure i keep the best quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    What is the best format if you are going to convert a file? I have a 720p file that plays all garbled up. Was thinking of converting it but want to make sure i keep the best quality.
    Now since the whole point of KalemSoft player is that it plays files without converting, if you're going to convert I think you should just convert it to format supported by built in movie player.
    This is easily done by selecting the iPad preset of most converting programs. H.264 MP4 file 720p