Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sahil0984 View Post
    I hope you are using Preware to install this. If not, you need to install preware on your device and then click on the demo app link.

Sahil
    This, my good sir, is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a ton!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

We have a new (beta) version of the media player with some improvements. Could you please give a try to this and let us know your experience with it:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k..._0.3.5_all.ipk

The main improvements are:

Faster mkv, mp4, etc. decoding support for HD content (should fix lipsync issues as well).
    Support for rm and rmvb file formats
    Support for back to back playback from a list in order (press the shuffle button twice)
    Fix for occasional audio pitch shift/distortion

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks for the new update. I've installed it but still seem to be have problems with mp4 files. The audio continues to be distorted and laggy. On the other hand .avi play fine.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hi all,

We have a new (beta) version of the media player with some improvements. Could you please give a try to this and let us know your experience with it:

Faster mkv, mp4, etc. decoding support for HD content (should fix lipsync issues as well).
    Support for back to back playback from a list in order (press the shuffle button twice)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Sweet! Thanks mate!

Installed and trying it now, working good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkonblk17 View Post
    Thanks for the new update. I've installed it but still seem to be have problems with mp4 files. The audio continues to be distorted and laggy. On the other hand .avi play fine.
    Do you know the codec types for video and audio on those files? If you have VLC on your PC, play the file via VLC, then select Codec Information from the Tools menu. If you could send us the codec information, that would be great.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Do you know the codec types for video and audio on those files? If you have VLC on your PC, play the file via VLC, then select Codec Information from the Tools menu. If you could send us the codec information, that would be great.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I'm on a mac and couldn't find the tools menu in the VLC application. I played the movie and found this information by selecting the playlist tab in the application player box, right click the video file being played and selecting media information from the pop up box and then selecting the codec details tab.. This is what it revealed

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    We are still working on this. It was moved up in the priority list though. It will be the next feature update after the bug fixes.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Will subtitle support include separate .srt files? Once it does, this is an immediate buy for me. See KMplayer for example implementation. With KMplayer the movie and .srt subtitle files just have to be in the same folder and the player will show subtitles.

Thanks for considering it.
    Just curious, MentatYP, why do you need subtitles so badly?

Alternatively, you can always hardcode videos with "any video converter". It's freeware, too.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aeharding View Post
    Just curious, MentatYP, why do you need subtitles so badly?

Alternatively, you can always hardcode videos with "any video converter". It's freeware, too.
    Actually I don't, but my sister does She watches a lot of shows that aren't in English and are fan-subbed in a separate sub file.

Thanks for the tip on Any Video Converter. I've found a few tutorials on how to use other similar programs to burn the subtitles into the video file so that might be an option, but I would much prefer the media player be able to handle separate sub files without having to go through the re-econding hassle. My sister isn't the most tech-savvy, plus she has tons of these videos that she would have to re-encode, taking up precious hard drive space.
    I installed this beta specifically to fix lipsyc issues with .mkv files, and now the sound simply doesn't work. No sound, and no slider on the volume control.

Edit- I didn't specify. There is no sound in mkv files, avi still works fine.

Type: Video
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
    Language: English
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Frame rate: 23.976215

Type: Audio
    Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52 )
    Channels: 3F2R/LFE
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Bitrate: 640 kb/s

Hi all,

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I tried the 0.3.5 beta myself, but it says my trial period has expired, despite the fact I have the full version bought from the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I tried the 0.3.5 beta myself, but it says my trial period has expired, despite the fact I have the full version bought from the App Catalog.
    Unfortunately, there is no way our system can know that you purchased via app catalog since developers don't get any information other than download counts. The app catalog users should update from the app catalog instead.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by BShack View Post
    I installed this beta specifically to fix lipsyc issues with .mkv files, and now the sound simply doesn't work. No sound, and no slider on the volume control.

Edit- I didn't specify. There is no sound in mkv files, avi still works fine.

Type: Video
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Frame rate: 23.976215

Type: Audio
    Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52 )
    Channels: 3F2R/LFE
    Sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Bitrate: 640 kb/s
    Working on it, will release a new update soon. Stay tuned...
    aeharding and BShack like this.
    Is no sound expected? I'm trying out the 0.3.5 beta playing a mkv file and I'm not hearing anything or seeing any sound slider as BShack reported too.
    *edit, Just saw that reply post above. Thanks for working on it!
    testing out the same file in 0.3 version listed on Preware resulted in sound playing but with video distortion.
    If sound can be restored to 0.3.5 version and subtitle support added, this will be a god send for my use of TouchPad as media player, thank you so much for your hard work KalemSoft!
    We are still working on this. It was moved up in the priority list though. It will be the next feature update after the bug fixes.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Excellent. Will definitely be buying this as soon as my Touchpad comes.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Installed the PreWare beta version and my video goes crazy. It's kinda like a tiled wallpaper on windows. Big screen, with a few smaller screens, and then also some crazy lines. Any ideas what my problem is?
    Quote Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
    Installed the PreWare beta version and my video goes crazy. It's kinda like a tiled wallpaper on windows. Big screen, with a few smaller screens, and then also some crazy lines. Any ideas what my problem is?
    Preware version is pretty old and is for Pre. Please update to the latest version for TouchPad from our website:

KalemSoft - Products

or better yet you are welcome to try the latest beta freshly baked:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k..._0.3.6_all.ipk
    Hi all,

As you can see from the above post, a new beta version is now available:

Enjoy!

P.S. Due to some reports with audio volume control causing audio distortion, we had to disable volume control for video playback. That is why you won't get the volume slider for video playback only.
    dong1225 likes this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Preware version is pretty old and is for Pre. Please update to the latest version for TouchPad from our website:

KalemSoft - Products

or better yet you are welcome to try the latest beta freshly baked:

Oops, sorry! New to WebOS and still learning. Thanks for the quick reply. I plan on buying the app as soon as I try out the Beta. Just a little nervous buying all these apps with no refund option in WebOS market. Thanks again!

oooh pretty new icon too!
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    KalemSoft Media Player has just been released for the TouchPad on the App Catalogue ;-)

This is a very good app to watch videos with a wide variety of codec support (including .avi divx/xvid, etc...)

At least .avi files won't need to be converted to .mp4 to work on the TP and with this app we are able to see file names (not the case in HP's photos/video app)
    Like many very new to TP. I've heard some folks talking about a trial version of KalemSoft Media Player for TouchPad that is free and available from the website. I went to their website and downloaded KalemSoft Media Player v0.3.3 for TouchPad onto my TP when I attempted to open the file I got a message Cannot open MIME type. There are no install instructions on the website either. I attempted to download the file to my PC but could do nothing with it there either. Can someone help me out here? thanks
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast