Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is way to have the video continue when it's in card mode, or at least just the audio since I like listening to a podcast or tv show in the background while I browse the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcroft View Post
    I was wondering if there is way to have the video continue when it's in card mode, or at least just the audio since I like listening to a podcast or tv show in the background while I browse the internet.
    The current TouchPad version in the app catalog lets you play audio in card view. We will soon update the non-catalog version as well.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Just a sidenote - for anyone who hasnt tried kalemsoft on their TPAD, get it. Its the best app there is!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    There is no DLNA support yet. You can stream over wifi network if you install our free media server to your PC though.
    I would like not to stream but simply open files on network shares. I can access samba shares from my TP (with uberkernel) just fine, but the Kalemsoft Media Player doesn't see the contents of these mounted drives, while e.g. internalz does without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    There is a trial version on at their website. That's the one I'm using to see how I like it before I choose to buy it.

KalemSoft - Products
    Thanks. Since they don't have a demo version in the app catalog, one would have never known.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I would like not to stream but simply open files on network shares. I can access samba shares from my TP (with uberkernel) just fine, but the Kalemsoft Media Player doesn't see the contents of these mounted drives, while e.g. internalz does without a problem.
    Not sure what you mean by opening files, but trying to play them from a samba share would certainly involve streaming from the host where they reside to your TouchPad. We gave this a quick try and it works fine.

Have you added the mapped samba drive to shared folders in KalemSoft Media Streamer? To do that, you need to choose "Selete Media Folders..." option from Settings menu and add your samba drive there. Then, the player application should see the folder.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hi, is there a way to turn on subtitles when playing mkv files?
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    Hi, is there a way to turn on subtitles when playing mkv files?
    Not yet, this is a planned feature.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hi all,

We have a few reports of video files crashing the player. A few users indicated that restarting the device fixes the problem, but we would like to understand the reason behind it. If you experience this, could you please contact us via KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live) or just leave us a private message.

Thanks,

KalemSoft
    Would someone kindly direct me to a tutorial on how to install the demo version of this app?
    Is this the same app for Pre2 and TP?
    I have a Pre2, and a Touchpad. Can I buy the app once and use on both devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by syxbit View Post
    Is this the same app for Pre2 and TP?
    I have a Pre2, and a Touchpad. Can I buy the app once and use on both devices?
    No, I don't believe so.
    omg this is so amazing, I wanted an airvideo alternative but for my touchpad (which I got for $99), and this does just that, I am using the trial right now, taking it through its paces but I will be buying this very soon.

100% satisfied, my server isn't bogged down or anything either, it's running at less than 50% cpu usage when streaming
    When I download the demo I get a message that says "Cannot open MIME type"

Could someone please help me out here?
    Not yet, this is a planned feature.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Any possibility of an ETA on this? Because 5 months ago, this was posted:

We are looking at subtitling support.
    As soon as subtitle support is implemented, I, as well as many others who purchased a Touchpad during this fire sale, would buy this in a heartbeat. But without it, I'd rather look into another solution.
    Last edited by xaev01; 08/22/2011 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BShack View Post
    When I download the demo I get a message that says "Cannot open MIME type"

Could someone please help me out here?
    I hope you are using Preware to install this. If not, you need to install preware on your device and then click on the demo app link.

Sahil
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi guys, I recently purchased my Touchpad. I downloaded this file from the Kalemsoft website in the downloads section named: New: KalemSoft Media Player v0.3.3 for TouchPad. and installed this application using the WebOS quick install application on my mac like I have done for several other applications which work fine. For some reason when I open a .avi file the video plays fine however, the audio sounds distorted and lagging. Any advice?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blkonblk17 View Post
    Hi guys, I recently purchased my Touchpad. I downloaded this file from the Kalemsoft website in the downloads section named: New: KalemSoft Media Player v0.3.3 for TouchPad. and installed this application using the WebOS quick install application on my mac like I have done for several other applications which work fine. For some reason when I open a .avi file the video plays fine however, the audio sounds distorted and lagging. Any advice?
    Ok for some reason I think it was the actual movie. I added 2 other movies and they played fine. For some reason the movie I was trying (Toy Story 3) on the left status bar where your search for files it appeared as two files. 1 which was like 400kb that you would open but obviously wouldn't play and the other was the actual movie file at 1.8gb. Odd, don't know why it showed up as two files. Either way, seems to be working with other files which is good.
    Hi all,

We have a new (beta) version of the media player with some improvements. Could you please give a try to this and let us know your experience with it:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/betas/com.k..._0.3.5_all.ipk

The main improvements are:

Faster mkv, mp4, etc. decoding support for HD content (should fix lipsync issues as well).
    Support for rm and rmvb file formats
    Support for back to back playback from a list in order (press the shuffle button twice)
    Fix for occasional audio pitch shift/distortion

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    Any possibility of an ETA on this? Because 5 months ago, this was posted:

As soon as subtitle support is implemented, I, as well as many others who purchased a Touchpad during this fire sale, would buy this in a heartbeat. But without it, I'd rather look into another solution.
    We are still working on this. It was moved up in the priority list though. It will be the next feature update after the bug fixes.

Regards,

KalemSoft
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast