Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    @geekpeter: TouchPlayer navigator really lack, I admit that, want to pause the movie, I need to tap it fast or else TouchPlayer detect as fast forward of fast backward. But for me as long as it can play the movie I want, that problem not bother me much.

My anime movie using English subs, and all of tme are Mkv files. and all of them can runs on TouchPlayer almost perfect, some slow down happen, but audio and video still sync. Using TouchPlayer, I usually use the default font, Bold one, and make it 3x times bigger. Even the text on the video area, not problem at all to see it. You can choose many fonts in TouchPlayer, but the bad thing is TouchPlayer never save what last font we choose. It always reset to default one.

Using kalemsoft 0.7.5, some old movie (not anime), 480p, can be played, but weird problem happen, the video blocky at some area.

I'm using TouchPad 90% for anime movies, because other movies I watched on HDTV , while anime not so needed on bigger screen (for me), that's why I use TouchPad to watch them, including Music Videos I downloaded from YouTube.

I konw TouchPlayer isn't great app, but what I meant from my post above, talking about core function (codec matter), seems Kalemsoft still weaker.
    randomly enough, for me touchplayer font always stays on a small one regardless of what options i change, also what your saying isnt that touchplayers better than kalem, its that kalems handling of mkv files combined with subtitles isnt to your liking, as i said before your useage is very specific to one filetype with subtitles, you cant really judge a whole app on that alone.

i also kinda guessed it was an MKV because their the files i had the most issues with on either player when played over a network, and touchplayer specifically choked and crashed the most, even tho it accessed the files over the network with ease, i also added in the part about seeking forward/backwards, as after crashing all the time i found it frustrating getting touchplayer back to the point in the movie/cartoon where it had crashed moments ago.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I don't find any useful update since 0.7 and 0.7.5 for me.

All I can find more and more anime movie that I want to watch can't be played properly on Kalemsoft media player even after update. Slow down, Audio fell behind (not sync with the video), or can't be played at all (media player just shut off by itself)

Lately I use FREE TouchPlayer. It played more reliable then Kalemsoft media player.

I don't know what happen to you Kalemsoft. Your media player used to be no#1 app on my TouchPad, but now nearly wasted. You much care to add more features, but forgot to make it work better (compatibility issue). What the use of an app that have many features but forgot the basic one.

Since version 0.6x I already gave an open ticket to Kalemsoft support, and even upload a sample of anime movie that can't be played on Media player, but can runs well on TouchPlayer, but seems It all forgotten. And I never have any notification nor better update from you.
    Software codecs used in KalemSoft Media Player are no different than TouchPlayer's. However, on top of that, we also make use of hardware, that is why KalemSoft Media Player is the only player that can play 1080p movies smoothly. If you have a movie that does not sync up and if the lipsync gets worse, it is because it is decoded in software and the TouchPad's processor cannot simply keep up with it. There is no way you can play that movie in software without skipping frames in any software player. If you have some movie that does play on TouchPlayer full speed without skipping frames and not on ours, we are really interested to see it. You said you provided it before. Could you please tell us the name of the file again? You can send a private message if you want to. We will look into it again. If there is anything that can be done, we will for sure do it.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Hi Kalemsoft,

Perhaps mentioned before, but would be nice to have a way to use pre 3 (as the remote) to control Kalemsoft on the touchpad.

Some sort of 'Home control' app that allow for vol control, play, pause.

Kind regards,

Paul D
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Thanks, I've gove it try. ;-)
    @geekpeter: I'm glad that Kalemsoft media player can runs well as you expected, but unfortunately not for me.

@Kalemsoft: you can check you ftp server, folder Anime movie for test, title file is Eden of the east 02 (if I'm not wrong). Hope it still there. It still can't be player on your media player 0.7.5, but runs well on TouchPlayer.
    So I can't debate more about coding or codecs matter due to I'm really lack of that knowledge, but what I care much is the result. And sorry... re-coding my anime movies isn't an options, because I don't want to waste time to make them run on Kalemsoft while TouchPlayer can run them.
    So please test the anime movie I uploaded on your ftp server months ago, or else I can upload newer and other title to your ftp server which have same problem like above for your experiments.

Thanks
    im guessing if an anime movie/series lagged to pieces and was subbed rather than dubbed you wouldnt really notice much, its not like the voices/film being out of sync would be as noticable or distract from what your watching.

im glad you have at least somethign working for you im just seriously shocked touchplayer outperforms kalem.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<

@Kalemsoft: you can check you ftp server, folder Anime movie for test, title file is Eden of the east 02 (if I'm not wrong). Hope it still there. It still can't be player on your media player 0.7.5, but runs well on TouchPlayer.
    So I can't debate more about coding or codecs matter due to I'm really lack of that knowledge, but what I care much is the result. And sorry... re-coding my anime movies isn't an options, because I don't want to waste time to make them run on Kalemsoft while TouchPlayer can run them.
    So please test the anime movie I uploaded on your ftp server months ago, or else I can upload newer and other title to your ftp server which have same problem like above for your experiments.

Thanks
    We tried Eden of East 02 on TouchPlayer. That is a 720p movie. Yes, TouchPlayer plays it but it is way out of sync. Not sure how you get it to play full speed with it.

On the other hand, that movie's encoding is not supported by the hardware so hardware playback causes issues. If it weren't for that, it would play full speed without issues. We can simply add an option to enable software decoding, but that won't give any better performance than what you have with TouchPlayer now.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We tried Eden of East 02 on TouchPlayer. That is a 720p movie. Yes, TouchPlayer plays it but it is way out of sync. Not sure how you get it to play full speed with it.

On the other hand, that movie's encoding is not supported by the hardware so hardware playback causes issues. If it weren't for that, it would play full speed without issues. We can simply add an option to enable software decoding, but that won't give any better performance than what you have with TouchPlayer now.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Sorry I forgot to mention few things. I watched that movie quite months ago, so I forgot about to mention this earlier.
    I do some trick to make it watchable on TouchPlayer. First, I make subs at smallest setting (1x), and not move on black area. My TouchPad using UberKernel 3.0.5 clocked at 1.7Ghz.
    When start the movie, lots of framework there make the audio and video out of sync, but using a little slide backward it will automatic resync. Yes this way may not appeal for many people, but at least for me as long as it can be tricked and can be watched on TouchPad, that's OK for me. Out of sync will happen several times, but slide backward is your friend.

I really glad if Kalemsoft add software decoding on your media player even it is not give any better performance, but let users decide, and at least it will run the movie that currently have problem running on Kalemsoft media player.

I have another anime movies 480p (848x480) that not run on Kalemsoft media player (0.75), but run on TouchPlayer, and because it is 480p which not as heavy as 720p. software decoding have no out of sync problem at all.
    If you want, I can upload one of them to your ftp server, so you can test it.

Many Thanks!

I have another anime movies 480p (848x480) that not run on Kalemsoft media player (0.75), but run on TouchPlayer, and because it is 480p which not as heavy as 720p. software decoding have no out of sync problem at all.
    If you want, I can upload one of them to your ftp server, so you can test it.

Many Thanks!
    Ok, that explains it then. Please do upload a low resolution sample as well and we will look at it. If you do not have the login information to ftp anymore, please contact us via our support system.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Ladys and gentlemen, just a curiosity... I really must be connected to Internet each time that I try to see some video in local media?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Use airplane mode.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalemsoft View Post
    The support for other systems is in the list. Linux version is being worked on currently. Mac version will follow that.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Well, about 3 years later, no OSX version of the server app??? Is developing a server app sooooo difficult??
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Bought this for my second Touchpad from the UK App catalog (4) but it seems like the "-on sale" info is part of the application name. Once installed the name still reads "KalemSoft Media player - On sale". Any chance you will update this later on with "- on sale" removed? Or can I change it myself? Its like buying a new car and have "Ford - on sale" on the rear instead of just "Ford".
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    lol

You should be able to change the title in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/appinfo.json using Internalz Pro. The modification will be visible after a Luna restart.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    lol

You should be able to change the title in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/appinfo.json using Internalz Pro. The modification will be visible after a Luna restart.
    Thank you, I took a look in that file but it used the correct name, then it struck me...reboot.

That did the trick and I shall now wear a dunce hat for not thinking of that before.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G