Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165661626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
  1. #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by ale379 View Post
    First of all - thanks for this great app. I love it and my kids love it.

    Quick question - I think this has been asked before and I couldn't find it the answer. Can Kalemsoft media server/streamer be installed on Personal Cloud Storage such as Western Digital My Book Live? I hate leaving my computer on all day. My Book Live is connected directly to the router and that way my computer is off.

    Thanks
    yes i have 2x 2tb ones of the same brand as yours and 2x Buffalo ones as well, and it works fine, tho i use the Enyo Drive Mapper to make the nas drive shares visible and locally browse those with KSMP (means you dont need the streamer app, but do need a kernel like uberkernel that supports CIFS shares), yes it works fine.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  2. #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    yes i have 2x 2tb ones of the same brand as yours and 2x Buffalo ones as well, and it works fine, tho i use the Enyo Drive Mapper to make the nas drive shares visible and locally browse those with KSMP (means you dont need the streamer app, but do need a kernel like uberkernel that supports CIFS shares), yes it works fine.
    With your setup with Enyo Drive Mapper, can you access your files from a different wifi connection besides your home network? I'm trying to access my kids video files while on the the road using my phone wifi connection. (unlimited data).

    Thanks.
  3. #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by ale379 View Post
    With your setup with Enyo Drive Mapper, can you access your files from a different wifi connection besides your home network? I'm trying to access my kids video files while on the the road using my phone wifi connection. (unlimited data).

    Thanks.
    i dont have a static IP and my attempts at using something like no-ip to give an equivalent proved terrible, maybe if i had a static IP id try and arrange something, not sure id want to risk exposing my home network (typically your firewall will deny it as standard), even if just the nas drive side of things to the net in general, tho i had no issue doing that with the ftp side of the nas drives.

    as long as your other devices can reach your home router/network and the connected nas drives (static ip is definatly handy here), then it s probably do-able, as long as your nas drives have no access to public users (not even read access to be safe) and all require password/username access to do anything at all then yeah it could work.

    i might give it a try just to see if possible even if i cant rely on it due to having a dynamic ip.

    ofc theres also the VPN option to try but ive never gone that far involved with that side of things, imho cifs sharing over the net is bad/unsafe mojo, but i could be talking complete rubbish.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 07/19/2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4. #1304  
    I tried yesterday and I couldn't even get the Kalemsoft server installed correctly. It keeps on saying "Remote Test Failed"

    This is what I have done.
    ESET Firewall is OFF for testing only (allow all trafic)
    Router has UPNP enabled so Kalemsoft will open up ports 7000-7001 automatically. I have done it manually also and Router has UPNP disabled and I have open up the ports with the same result. "Remote Test Failed"

    What am I dong wrong?

    Any help.



    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i dont have a static IP and my attempts at using something like no-ip to give an equivalent proved terrible, maybe if i had a static IP id try and arrange something, not sure id want to risk exposing my home network (typically your firewall will deny it as standard), even if just the nas drive side of things to the net in general, tho i had no issue doing that with the ftp side of the nas drives.

    as long as your other devices can reach your home router/network and the connected nas drives (static ip is definatly handy here), then it s probably do-able, as long as your nas drives have no access to public users (not even read access to be safe) and all require password/username access to do anything at all then yeah it could work.

    i might give it a try just to see if possible even if i cant rely on it due to having a dynamic ip.

    ofc theres also the VPN option to try but ive never gone that far involved with that side of things, imho cifs sharing over the net is bad/unsafe mojo, but i could be talking complete rubbish.
  5. #1305  
    which firewall have you turned off? winblows or the one packaged into some of the antiviri programs? or both?

    also maybe try a different port on teh streamer app incase its conflicting (usually shouldnt) or try port forwarding.

    also do you have the correct streamer version to support the media player version your using?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    which firewall have you turned off? winblows or the one packaged into some of the antiviri programs? or both?

    also maybe try a different port on teh streamer app incase its conflicting (usually shouldnt) or try port forwarding.

    also do you have the correct streamer version to support the media player version your using?
    Thanks for the help.

    I have tried every way possible and still "remote connection failed"

    Windows Firewall is off
    3rd Party Firewall ESET is off (for testing only)
    Linksys Router has port 7000-7001 open. I also tried port 1900-1901 and nothing.
    Latest Kalemsoft Stream with Kalemsoft Media Player 0.6.3

    I don't know what else to try know.
  7. #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by ale379 View Post
    Thanks for the help.

    I have tried every way possible and still "remote connection failed"

    Windows Firewall is off
    3rd Party Firewall ESET is off (for testing only)
    Linksys Router has port 7000-7001 open. I also tried port 1900-1901 and nothing.
    Latest Kalemsoft Stream with Kalemsoft Media Player 0.6.3

    I don't know what else to try know.
    Please open up a support ticket from KalemSoft Support System and we will be glad to help you resolve this issue.

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  8. #1308  
    I haven't extensively tested this, but I recently upgraded to the latest version via the HP App Store, and I've had issues with a couple of files, both of which were over 2 hours. Somewhere around the 1:30:00 mark (I don't have my TouchPad with me right now), the slider moves all the way to the left, and it becomes hard to seek correctly. I can start over from the beginning, but I then can't seek past the 1:30:00 (or whatever) mark.

    I can work around this via the forward & back buttons, but it's pretty annoying.
  9. #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    I haven't extensively tested this, but I recently upgraded to the latest version via the HP App Store, and I've had issues with a couple of files, both of which were over 2 hours. Somewhere around the 1:30:00 mark (I don't have my TouchPad with me right now), the slider moves all the way to the left, and it becomes hard to seek correctly. I can start over from the beginning, but I then can't seek past the 1:30:00 (or whatever) mark.

    I can work around this via the forward & back buttons, but it's pretty annoying.
    Could you please open a support ticket from KalemSoft Support System

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  10. #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by ale379 View Post
    With your setup with Enyo Drive Mapper, can you access your files from a different wifi connection besides your home network? I'm trying to access my kids video files while on the the road using my phone wifi connection. (unlimited data).

    Thanks.
    no, but you could use FTPit! to download files from your share while outside your home network.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  11. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #1311  
    Another option if you use a NAS is to run a DLNA server on the NAS and then use the BHome DLNA client app to browse files and start the stream to Kalemsoft Media Player. That works great for me. It works fine even with the free version of BHome, although of course I would recommend paying for the Pro version if you find it useful.
  12. #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Another option if you use a NAS is to run a DLNA server on the NAS and then use the BHome DLNA client app to browse files and start the stream to Kalemsoft Media Player. That works great for me. It works fine even with the free version of BHome, although of course I would recommend paying for the Pro version if you find it useful.
    Ahh, I wish I had thought of this. I'm going to give this a go today
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  13. #1313  
    Let me first start off by thanking Kalemsoft. The media player is awesome!

    I've got a decent DVD movie collection and it's nice to use Kalemsoft on my touchpad to watch movies while I travel. I use DVD FAB to rip the video. I regularly use MP4 and crank the volume up so I can hear the audio if I'm on an airplane. However, I have a few questions....

    1. What is the most recommend format for viewing a local movie on a touchpad using Kalemsoft. MKV? MP4? AVI?

    2. Suggested Resolution

    3. And any ideas on what I need to do on DVD FAB to get the subtitle option on Kalemsoft.

    Thanks!
  14. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #1314  
    I see a new version 7.5 in the app catalog today. The change log says:

    v0.7.5 - 08/26/2012
    ===================
    - Fixed seek bug beyond 1:30 hour point
    - Fixed initial macroblocking with certain content
    - Fixed stall during resume with certain content

    so it looks like a fairly minor update.

    I haven't been having any problems, so kudos for not fixing what ain't broken!
  15. #1315  
    Folks,

    We are happy to announce the first release of Android version of our media player. The Android version doesn't play local content but only streams from KalemSoft Media Streamer. There is a trial version available at our website. We have been receiving many requests for this recently from TouchPad WebOS users who also have Android on their device, so we decided to announce it here as well. So, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,
    KalemSoft
  16. #1316  
    I don't find any useful update since 0.7 and 0.7.5 for me.

    All I can find more and more anime movie that I want to watch can't be played properly on Kalemsoft media player even after update. Slow down, Audio fell behind (not sync with the video), or can't be played at all (media player just shut off by itself)

    Lately I use FREE TouchPlayer. It played more reliable then Kalemsoft media player.

    I don't know what happen to you Kalemsoft. Your media player used to be no#1 app on my TouchPad, but now nearly wasted. You much care to add more features, but forgot to make it work better (compatibility issue). What the use of an app that have many features but forgot the basic one.

    Since version 0.6x I already gave an open ticket to Kalemsoft support, and even upload a sample of anime movie that can't be played on Media player, but can runs well on TouchPlayer, but seems It all forgotten. And I never have any notification nor better update from you.
  17. #1317  
    maybe you should re-examine whatever audio and video codecs those movies of yours use and make sure their fully compatible, and posibly re-encode to something better.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  18. #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    maybe you should re-examine whatever audio and video codecs those movies of yours use and make sure their fully compatible, and posibly re-encode to something better.
    Sorry , I don't bother to do that, because on TouchPlayer almost all anime movies can be played better then Kalemsoft media player. TouchPlayer lack of many features compared to Kalemsoft, but yet its basic codec still better. And what makes me wonder... TouchPlayer only updated once since it released, while Kalemsoft have many updates, and yet it can plays better anime movie till now.

    A Tips for TouchPlayer is don't turn on option to move the subtitle to black area, it will make TouchPlayer works badly. As long as subs played on video area all works very good.

    I used to love Kalemsoft media player more then any app on my TouchPad, but seems now I gave it two thumbs down... sorry.. but it is from me and maybe only me.
  19. #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Sorry , I don't bother to do that, because on TouchPlayer almost all anime movies can be played better then Kalemsoft media player. TouchPlayer lack of many features compared to Kalemsoft, but yet its basic codec still better. And what makes me wonder... TouchPlayer only updated once since it released, while Kalemsoft have many updates, and yet it can plays better anime movie till now.

    A Tips for TouchPlayer is don't turn on option to move the subtitle to black area, it will make TouchPlayer works badly. As long as subs played on video area all works very good.

    I used to love Kalemsoft media player more then any app on my TouchPad, but seems now I gave it two thumbs down... sorry.. but it is from me and maybe only me.
    last version of touchplayer i got was..

    com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer_1.0.7_all.ipk

    1.0.7 to me at least suggests more than 1 or 2 versions/updates were made, also touchplayer works well, and for me also works with the least hassle when streaming directly from my NAS drives, kalem sometimes works and often shows no file listing in a NAS folder, so yeah it has some plusses but touchplayer also crashes a HELL of a lot when using some codecs (mostly some of my old mkv's and the odd weird divx/xvid), touchplayer is also amazingly poor at trying to navigate backwards/forwards, its all guesswork where you end up.

    touchplayer is ok for some things and poor at others kalem is better at more areas and poorer at far less imho.

    also you seem to be basing your entire app experience on some anime movies, im guessing if you have subtitles in them, then the file format is likely MKV, OGM or similar? i havent seen a single 1 of them work perfectly in touchplayer yet, in fact touchplayer used to slap the subtitles in the most annoying places, id have to recheck what it did but reading the subtitles i do remember was a pain on the files i tried, and far too small.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  20. #1320  
    @geekpeter: TouchPlayer navigator really lack, I admit that, want to pause the movie, I need to tap it fast or else TouchPlayer detect as fast forward of fast backward. But for me as long as it can play the movie I want, that problem not bother me much.

    My anime movie using English subs, and all of tme are Mkv files. and all of them can runs on TouchPlayer almost perfect, some slow down happen, but audio and video still sync. Using TouchPlayer, I usually use the default font, Bold one, and make it 3x times bigger. Even the text on the video area, not problem at all to see it. You can choose many fonts in TouchPlayer, but the bad thing is TouchPlayer never save what last font we choose. It always reset to default one.

    Using kalemsoft 0.7.5, some old movie (not anime), 480p, can be played, but weird problem happen, the video blocky at some area.

    I'm using TouchPad 90% for anime movies, because other movies I watched on HDTV , while anime not so needed on bigger screen (for me), that's why I use TouchPad to watch them, including Music Videos I downloaded from YouTube.

    I konw TouchPlayer isn't great app, but what I meant from my post above, talking about core function (codec matter), seems Kalemsoft still weaker.

Posting Permissions