Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourniquet View Post
    3D Sound is already off
    Dunno, it must be something on your end or the files themselves cause everything plays fine for me. What kind of videos are they? Maybe the dynamic range of the audio track is very high. If so you might need to recode and normalize the audio.
    I've been a regular user of Kalemsoft Media Player on my HP Touchpad for quite some time. Within the last couple of days, however, it will neither launch directly nor function as BHome's external renderer. I've reinstalled both the server on my PC and the KMP on the Touchpad. I've restarted the Touchpad several times, made sure developer mode was off, turned off bluetooth. Nothing significant has changed since the failure that I can tell, other than the installation or updating of one or two apps.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by garywsp View Post
    I've been a regular user of Kalemsoft Media Player on my HP Touchpad for quite some time. Within the last couple of days, however, it will neither launch directly nor function as BHome's external renderer. I've reinstalled both the server on my PC and the KMP on the Touchpad. I've restarted the Touchpad several times, made sure developer mode was off, turned off bluetooth. Nothing significant has changed since the failure that I can tell, other than the installation or updating of one or two apps.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    this happened to me about 4 months ago. As I was having other issues (the dreaded sound bug and my photos disappearing) i took my TP to the doctor. Since then Kalemsoft has been running perfectly.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Thought I'd share my setup with Kalemsoft, in case it helps anyone and apologies if its already been covered by someone else in this mammoth thread.

I always had issues with bhome and the use of an external player..it was flaky and I didn't like not being able to browse for files from the player itself, so I looked for another way. This is what Ive done:

INstalled the Enyo drive mapper app, Network Drives (Network Drives - Enyo Network Drive Mapper). This allows me to mount my NAS shared drive to the touchpad, meaning I can browse and watch my entire media collection from within Kalemsoft's file browser, and also resumes videos and I can tag folders as favourites. The only thing to note is that you much have the KS player app open before you mount the network share otherwise the path isn't visible.

My single issue with this is that I can't find a way to connect to the enyo drive mapper from outside my home network. The (not very efficient) way I get around this is by downloading the file I want to watch over FTP using FTPit ( https://developer.palm.com/appredire...software.ftpit)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFabulous View Post
    2.) Short-duration jump ahead and back buttons, for example 10 seconds.
    I'm definitely hoping for this one. The little slider bar is useless for movies...just as it is with the default player.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    I'm definitely hoping for this one. The little slider bar is useless for movies...just as it is with the default player.
    the slider works for me on both tv shows and films
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    the slider works for me on both tv shows and films
    It works, but I think the point is that because movies are so long it's even more imprecise than it is for shorter programs like TV shows.
    It works, but I think the point is that because movies are so long it's even more imprecise than it is for shorter programs like TV shows.
    fair point, but maybe its just me as I don't find it that much of an issue?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    fair point, but maybe its just me as I don't find it that much of an issue?
    Well it's certainly not game-breaking, but it is something of an annoyance, especially if you just want to jump back a few seconds to catch something you missed or want to precisely jump to a specific point.
    Well it's certainly not game-breaking, but it is something of an annoyance, especially if you just want to jump back a few seconds to catch something you missed or want to precisely jump to a specific point.
    yeah, I can see that I guess. A minor irritation at best for me
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Any way to get KS for touchpad to play from library view?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Any way to get KS for touchpad to play from library view?
    maybe a daft question, but what do you mean by library view?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    maybe a daft question, but what do you mean by library view?
    This is about playing music files. The library view displays the list of the music files, album art etc and it looks very nice. But when I select a song from the list it doesn't play unless I press the play button at bottom right.. then it goes to the really ugly now playing view, just the file information, to see the list again one has to press library and back and forth like that.

So I would like to use it as my video and music player but that behavior just doesn't work for me.
    This is about playing music files. The library view displays the list of the music files, album art etc and it looks very nice. But when I select a song from the list it doesn't play unless I press the play button at bottom right.. then it goes to the really ugly now playing view, just the file information, to see the list again one has to press library and back and forth like that.

So I would like to use it as my video and music player but that behavior just doesn't work for me.
    ahh, got you. I use the fabutastic music player (remix) for music and have never even tried it on KS.

Sorry!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    ahh, got you. I use the fabutastic music player (remix) for music and have never even tried it on KS.

Sorry!
    I know, but I am tired of having to use two different apps to play media
    Updated KS on phone (pre2 running 2.2.4) now more unstable than before. Had to do a couple of battery pulls since yesterday
    I know, but I am tired of having to use two different apps to play media
    Personally I see listening to music and watching videos as completely seperate experiences and have never had an issue with 2 seperate players to do this. Also never really got the whole album cover art thing..couldn't care less about that, just give me the music (mini rant over)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  18. Cha
    So, is development on this app done, then?
    Hi folks,

We just released 0.7.0 beta with the following features at our website:

v0.7.0 - 06/27/2012
    ===================
    - Correct handling of aspect ratio with certain video files (e.g., anamorphic)
    - Support for variable duration skip forward/backward with a button press
    - Wider slider bar
    - Minor GUI enhancements

Also, you should be able to switch between audio files without leaving library view now.

The new version will be available on the app catalog soon if no issues found.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    First of all - thanks for this great app. I love it and my kids love it.

Quick question - I think this has been asked before and I couldn't find it the answer. Can Kalemsoft media server/streamer be installed on Personal Cloud Storage such as Western Digital My Book Live? I hate leaving my computer on all day. My Book Live is connected directly to the router and that way my computer is off.

Thanks
    Last edited by ale379; 07/19/2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: change