Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 135358596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1335
Like Tree128Likes
    I wasn't able to play an mkv file as well; it wouldn't even see it.

If there is a 2GB limit, this file was well under it.

No worries though, instead of digging deeper, I just converted my DVD to MP4 using Leawo's free converter and it works great.

Nice player, good price.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My mkv files seem to play ok, either from KSMediaStreamer or via BHome. All under 2 Gbytes though.
    Latest update is online (in the App Catalog).
    Last edited by NewTouchPadUser; 02/27/2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Thanks Kalemsoft. The new update fixed the problem with the > 2gb files.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    0.6.3 has been submitted to the app catalog. It should be available sometime next week.
    This fixes 2GB file size limit and network share issue.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    A big thank you to Kalemsoft. Impressed by the speedy fix. Well done.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Sorry for the cross-post, but the Pre version has been made available to Pre 3 devices for some time now, ALTHOUGH IT STILL DOESN'T BLOODY WORK.

I understand that dev's gotta go where the money is, but please don't leave users who've purchased in the early days hanging. :-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Version uploaded recently to the app catalogue fixed my issue with my linux cifs shares and linux based nas drives vanishing, however windows shares still appear empty, at least the linux side is back to fixed, your getting closer, once you crack that windows share issue a lot of people wont have to rely on the streamer as much.

The important part for me tho is nas compatability back in action, it was the only reason i had to keep using touchplayer, dont have to leave my pc switched on again at night/in bed when watching vids.

keep those updates rolling, hoping for the day you crack the winblows issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Version uploaded recently to the app catalogue fixed my issue with my linux cifs shares and linux based nas drives vanishing, however windows shares still appear empty, at least the linux side is back to fixed, your getting closer, once you crack that windows share issue a lot of people wont have to rely on the streamer as much.

The important part for me tho is nas compatability back in action, it was the only reason i had to keep using touchplayer, dont have to leave my pc switched on again at night/in bed when watching vids.

keep those updates rolling, hoping for the day you crack the winblows issue.
    Latest version was tested using windows shares and it was verified to be working. We believe something may be wrong with jailing on your TouchPad. TouchPlayer and Internalz are not native apps and they use a special file manager service that doesn't get affected by jailing but cannot be accepted to the app catalog as far as we know. Try running KalemSoft Media Player as root for instance and we bet it will work fine for you as well.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Sorry for the cross-post, but the Pre version has been made available to Pre 3 devices for some time now, ALTHOUGH IT STILL DOESN'T BLOODY WORK.

I understand that dev's gotta go where the money is, but please don't leave users who've purchased in the early days hanging. :-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pre3 version will be released. The current Pre version should not be listed in the catalog for Pre3. If it is, please let us know.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    richip likes this.
    Pre3 version will be released. The current Pre version should not be listed in the catalog for Pre3. If it is, please let us know.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Will you be releasing a new version for the Pre2?
    Request:

I would love either buttons or gestures to allow me to skip forward & backward 10 sec & 60 sec at a time.

I have become so used to doing this with XBMC and I miss it with kmp. I watch a lot of recorded tv shows, and it is helpful being able skip 60 sec at a time through commercials. Skipping back 10 sec is great for replaying dialogue you missed, or to see that great play again.
    Latest version was tested using windows shares and it was verified to be working. We believe something may be wrong with jailing on your TouchPad. TouchPlayer and Internalz are not native apps and they use a special file manager service that doesn't get affected by jailing but cannot be accepted to the app catalog as far as we know. Try running KalemSoft Media Player as root for instance and we bet it will work fine for you as well.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    ill give it a shot later, just thought it weird the nas/linux side worked fine and windows failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Request:

I would love either buttons or gestures to allow me to skip forward & backward 10 sec & 60 sec at a time.

I have become so used to doing this with XBMC and I miss it with kmp. I watch a lot of recorded tv shows, and it is helpful being able skip 60 sec at a time through commercials. Skipping back 10 sec is great for replaying dialogue you missed, or to see that great play again.
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget the typo I pointed out on page 63 of this thread.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I believe that is correct, however if you detect that service, I'm pretty sure you are allowed to use it to provide additional functionality (you would have to verify that, but I believe there are catalog apps that can use homebrew services).

Not related: should I be able to delete remote media? I am not sure if it's working or not.. I want to say I have successfully deleted remote files, but I'm not certain. I need to do more testing in a smaller folder.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Pre3 version will be released.
    Best news I've heard in a while. Thanks!

Will it be compatible with the latest version of the streamer?
    Last edited by richip; 02/28/2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removed unrelated quote

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    I can confirm that version 0.6.3 has resolved the problem with windows shares. Thanks for the speedy fix.
    the app is selling for $3 as a special sale.
    really looking forward to pre 3 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Request:

+2!!

For some reason all video players insist on making the progress bar too small to be usable for anything but enormous jumps. If you missed something, its impossible to go back just a bit. I use this all the time on my DVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    +2!!

For some reason all video players insist on making the progress bar too small to be usable for anything but enormous jumps. If you missed something, its impossible to go back just a bit. I use this all the time on my DVR.
    What if the two buttons to the left of the volume/mute button (play single and loop?) could be re-mapped or changed through an option in the Settings-›Player Options to the pre-determined jump amounts of 10 & 60 as have been mentioned?

I primarily watch movies (lengthy video files) with KMP. So for me to have 'play single' and 'loop' buttons, well I don't want to say is useless, but they are really of no value to me. I could see if you were watching short clips where those buttons might be important to you but for how I use KMP they currently are not used.

Having a re-map option would be great!